Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

(Game Thread! OOC Thread Here!)

April, 1849, Island of Hokkaido in Northern Japan

Anchored at a small fort on the side of the cold mountain island is the Japanese Emperor's galleon, Yoirakkiboto. It is the middle of the afternoon and the sun casts a warm golden glow over the deck as your Emperor and his entourage greet their distinguished guest who has lived on the island for the last two years, months before any of you came to serve the distinguished Imperial Guard.

Lord Tenburo Junichi is a little over 50 years old and a popular Emperor, although his role is largely symbolic in the modern shogunate. Peace has reigned over Japan for hundreds of years under Tokugawa and the country has long been isolated, conducting limited trade at best and avoiding any outside conflicts. Lord Tenburo and his family live in a palace at Kyoto and he is best known for advising the shogun... and protecting the land from otherworldly threats!

Junichi took a beautiful young maiden as his second wife in his 40s and although he is a bit older than her she has matured to match his kind grace and mature presence. Miyo Tenburo keeps to herself aside from the rare occasions she gives you what almost feels like a mother's encouragement.

On the deck a young man and most distinguished guest has come aboard carrying nothing more than a pair of wrapped daisho. You'd guess he looks to be a teenage boy, 14-16 or so. He greets Lord Tenburo and Miyo respectfully before the three indulge themselves shared hug. The young man can't help but look over you all with some manner of bewilderment that he quickly masks with a friendly smile and a wave. The Young Lord Tenburo Akihiro has returned after two years as a man!

You all head below deck, following a man built like a statue and made of harder materials. Always shirtless, always armed. Lord Atsushi Shoko doesn't care what you call him but his hard training has mercilessly made the lot of you into what he calls "worthy of passing inspection, in a pinch." Due to the Emperor's small staff of servants and 10 mostly ceremonial old samurai who travel with him your numbers are sorely needed and nearly double the "might" of the Imperial Guard. In case it was attacked. By anything. Ever.

Walking as he talks Lord Shoko speaks with cold, deliberate intensity. Just the facts and no need for embellishment. "Although your Lord no longer wears his armor he is known for wonderful victories against the forces. Fifteen years ago the two of us faced a wicked sorcerer that raised the dead, seeking to conquer all of Japan! Where the bloated ranks of Tokugawa only swelled the fiend's numbers it was the Emperor's divine blood and the light of Amaterasu that sealed the fiend away. I simply cut down those corpses that stood against my Lord."

"Ah, I believe you left some lengths of land such that a man may tread upon the dead instead of the earth for a mile at a time."

"It was an excellent battle."

Shoko guides you all to the make-shift training room, the largest storeroom aboard the boat cleared out and fitted to let the Guard spar without interrupting the ship's actual crew. Lord Tenburo and his servants sit off to the side upon a small raised platform that was clearly just set-up and decorated with a few small ornaments and bits of furniture to suit Lord Tenburo. Miyo and Akihiro sit with him and Shoko stands at the front of the make-shift dojo, arms crossed.

Lord Tenburo smiles and gestures to the lot of you. "Some have said that my court is a den of spirits, but I would hardly have it any other way. There is no substitute for experience. Come! Come! My son, you must meet this one..." Akihiro looks a bit nervous but nods along excitedly with a "Yes father!"

Introduce yourself! Quick summary of appearance and maybe the recent past, brief impressions of the other PCs!

Our Heroes

Susumu, Spooky Warden played by Endorph

Masako Sora, Shrine Maiden played by Kitty Empress

Suzuri, Oni Calligrapher played by PANIC! at Nabisco

Tsukiko, Drow Geisha played by OzCavalier

Payata, Hengeyokai Fighter played Poultron

Zaru, Monkey Monk played by AXE COP

Shinobu, Oni Barbarian played by Indigo Cephalopods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
硯 Suzuri, Calligrapher

The huge, red, horned man looms above most else in the room, though there is little fierce to his countenance--in fact, the diminutive pair of ivory-rimmed pince-nez he wears borders on comical. Certainly, he is very little like an oni, wearing the robes of an artist and with his long hair neatly combed and pulled back. He seems fairly dignified, though there is an aspect of self-consciousness to him, especially around other youkai who may have known him...er, before.

"Milord, and young master. It is the greatest pleasure to speak with you on this day," he intones, basso voice seeming to rumble the foundation of the room. "I am Suzuri, a paper-enchanter; be not worried by my appearance, for I am gentle in nature."

pre:
Suzuri 						 
HP: 42/42 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 6/6 (V: 10)	For:  14	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +6		Ref:  18	Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 17    
Languages: Japanese, Youkai, Hindi

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Magic Weapon    	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Punishing Eye
Thundering Armor        [ ] Argent Rain 	[ ] Skald's Armor
			[ ] Curative Admixture
			[ ] Resistive Formula
			[ ] Spike Wire
			[ ] Swift Mender
			[ ] Phantasmal Henchman

Conditionals/Resists: Resist 6 Radiant, 6 Necrotic, +1 all defenses vs bloodied

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 12, 2014

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Payata, the Divine Shield

Payata quickly moves to stand directly in front of the towering Oni, nearly falling over as she skids to a stop. She moves to salute Akihiro with the arm holding her shield, unable to lift the massive thing without smashing it into her face. She quickly switches to the other arm, jamming her shield onto the ground next to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, uhh, sir! I heard you took out a really spooky wizard! That sounded really cool, sir!" She speaks with the sort of discipline a first-day military recruit might adopt. "I'm Payata, but you can call me Yadda! You know, like yadda yadda... uhh, sir!" She looks back and forth nervously for a moment, judging the young Lord's reaction.

"To be honest I really just want to get to the fighting part, sir! I'm really strong and I'm pretty sure I can beat up Shoko today, sir!" She places her shield arm over her chest, covering up her entire body including her face.

pre:
Payata 						 
HP: 41/41 (THP: 0)	AC:   20	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 11/11 (V: 10)	For:  21	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +1		Ref:  15	Action Points: 1/1
Languages: Japanese, Chinese

Combat Challenge    	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Shove and Slap
Tide of Iron    	[ ] Guardian's Counter	[ ] Dwarven Chainmail
Shield Feint		[ ] Shield Bash		[ ] Cloak of Resistance
			[ ] Shielding Shove	[ ] Shield of Speed and Evasion
			[ ] Immediate Vengeance
			[ ] Strongheart Longsword

Conditionals/Resists:

Poultron fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 12, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Masako, Sora

Sora stood with barely contained glee the entire time, at finally doing something for the Emperor. Sure, it was supposed to be safe mission, and she was stuck with a court of Youkai. Her outfit while at its base matching that of a shinto priestess, was finely accented and changed - rich purples and seals of the Emperor and the Masako family on her robes. A golden staff was held in hand, leaned over her shoulder the entire time. Besides rich sunset colored eyes, she seemed... remarkably normal in the group, appearance wise, neither a spirit nor nearly albino.

There wasn't too much distaste shown on her face as the Oni and then Panda-spirit spoke to the lord, though it quickly grew to be a little obvious as the panda rambled on without any proper respect, "I do apologize for our company, my lord." She spoke softly, midway through a curtsy, staff in hand still, "I am Masako Sora," Her right hand, holding the golden staff, raised over her heart, as she spoke in soft respectful tones, "and it is an honor to meet you, Tenburo-sama. I would hope you'd forgive our groups impudence at not showing proper respect," A non-concealed glance was given to Payata, "The honor of meeting your grace, and being chosen for this, is simply... quite great. We are simply excited, but mean no disrespect."

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 12, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Susumu

Susumu is not a happy camper, and the reasons why are to the left and right of him. In order: 'Servant of the gods,' yokai, definitely a something yokai or otherwise, yokai, yokai(?), yokai.

He'd joined the guard in order to get away from that sort of thing. He'd had a very simple plan in mind: save some random peasants, and if you see anything supernatural, turn and run the other way. He'd liked that plan. Unfortunately, now that plan's ruined, because he's surrounded by the supernatural on all sides. Whoever called this a den of spirits was right on the money.

Rolling his arms to hide his disinterest in what he's convinced himself was sucking up, he blinks when he notices the young Lord looking his way when Masako finishes speaking. After a second, he raises his hand in greeting. "Hey."

Thinking on it for a moment, he briefly nods his head in what is probably an attempt at a bow. "Nice to meetcha," he shrugs, scratching the back of his neck and looking for all the world like he's half-asleep - not exactly fitting the excitement Masako had just vouched for.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 12, 2014

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Tsukiko

Standing quietly in line, Tsukiko is dressed in a deep red kimono with saffron-yellow trim and decorated with small orange and pink chrysanthemums. Her long silver hair flows freely from a high ponytail, tied by a simple red silk scarf and held with plain wooden pins, and her face is elaborately painted geisha-white which contrasts with her pale silvery-black skin. She seems to carry no weapons at all and, indeed, the contrast between her appearance and that of her compatriots on either side leads many to wonder why she is part of the line, and not kneeling with the other silent servants near the Imperial family.

She bows deeply when all turn their gaze toward her. "Kono kenkyona watashi no omo o yurusu. Forgive this humble one, my Lord. I am your humble servant Tsukiko." Rising from her bow, she still keeps her eyes respectfully lowered, as her Geisha Okasan had taught. "I am most honored to meet you Tenburo-sama, and I am your obedient servant in all things you may desire." Her red-painted mouth smiles almost mischeviously, her pale grey eyes flicking quickly towards the young Tenburo Akihiro as she says this last.

pre:
Tsukiko 						 
HP: 31/31 (THP: 0)	AC:   17	     Passive Insight:    15
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  13	     Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +5		Ref:  16	     Action Points:      1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 16    
Languages: Japanese, Urdu
Special: Darkvision

At Will			    Encounter	 	                 Daily
Assassin's Shroud    	   [ ] Cloud of Darkness		[ ] Stirring Shout
Executioner's Noose    	   [ ] Darkfire	                        [ ] Concerted Effort
Vicious Mockery	           [ ] Majestic Word
			   [ ] Nightmare Shades                 [ ] Whistling Crossbow
			   [ ] Dissonant Strain                 

Conditionals/Resists:
[ ] Robe of Contingency  (Once per day, when bloodied)

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Shinobu

Near the end of the line-up, Shinobu stood at least a head above everyone, excepting Suzuri. Her bright red hair was nearly as long as some of the humans in the room were tall. Slung across her shoulders was a large and wicked Kanabo. Despite its size and density, she seemed to be holding the impressive weapon with very little effort. Shinobu watched the others silently as they introduced themselves. She had to stifle a chuckle at Suzuri's formality, not used to such speech from a male Oni. She had a harder time controlling her laughter when Payata jumped forward, a furry little ball of bubbly energy. Then the little "divine" girl had to be a buzzkill, and Shinobu silenced herself once more.

When the emperor and his son stood before the large warrior woman, Shinobu bowed respectfully, being careful not to stick the young lord with her horns. "It is an honor," was all she said before standing back up.

pre:
Shinobu
HP: 43/43		AC: 16		Passive Insight: 10
Surges:	11/11 (v:10)	Fort: 20	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1		Ref: 14		Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 14		

Devastating Strike	[ ] Stone's Endurance	[ ] Life-Ending Strike
Foe to Foe	 	[ ] Swift Charge
			[ ] Batter Down
			[ ] Combat Sprint
			[ ] Thundering Smash

Conditionals/Resists: +4 to all defenses against opportunity attacks provoked by charging.
+2 to attacks against creatures marking you

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Zaru

Zaru stares down the line with a dour look on his face. For a group facing such an important personage, they were remarkably lacking in sobriety. Half his life had been spent working for the kind of prestige required to gain an audience with an Emperor. What an opportunity! - and yet here he was, an ape-man standing amidst spirits and youkai who pranced about with no regard to proper conduct. At least the young priest with the sunset eyes could show proper respect... probably. Zaru wasn't sure what the protocol was on this strange isle. Perhaps strange, rambling red pandas were completely normal over here. After the incident he'd gone through, he wouldn't be surprised.

Eyes turn to him as the great horned woman straightens up. Zaru did not bow as a matter of habit - he'd always found that Japanese custom quite unnecessary - but given the circumstances it seems appropriate. Leaning forward, he surprises himself with his newfound flexibility. His head could quite easily touch his toes, if he was so inclined to achieve such a ridiculous feat. "It is an honour beyond my station to meet you, my Lord. I hope you will forgive my current situation. I can only wish I could meet you under better circumstances." His tail twitches playfully in the air, a tic he finds incredibly irritating, but the damned thing seemed to have a mind of its own.

Even when he straightens up, he's almost a full head shorter than anyone else in the group, even with his topknot, and next to Shinobu he barely comes up to her waist. That might be the worst part of his predicament. He'd liked being tall, damnit.

pre:
Zaru							
HP: 38/38 (THP: )	AC:   23	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)	For:  15	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6		Ref:  18	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 12	Second Wind: [ ]	
Vision: Normal          Size: Small     Languages: Japanese, Chinese

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Five Storms             [ ] Second Chance	        [ ] Stunning Palm
Fallen Needle           [ ] Drunken Monkey
Iron Soul Flurry        [ ] Wind Through The Willows

Melee Basic Attack (Ki Accurate Dagger +1): 1d20+5 vs AC; 1d4+1 damage

Conditionals:
Bold: +5 to saves against Fear effects
Cloth Armor of Resistance: Resist 5 Poison
Lost in the Crowd: +2 to AC when adjacent to 2 or more larger enemies
Nimble Blade: +1 to attack against enemies granting CA
Combat Medic: Administer first aid to stabilize dying as minor action
Alchemist: Create one free alchemical item at no cost at the end of each short rest

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 12, 2014

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Akihiro is clearly intimidated by Suzuri and Shinobu and has a bit of trouble looking them eye to eye but manages, returning their greetings with muted bows of the head. The Emperor chuckles... "A shared honor! I have heard a few tales of the Terror of Saiko." He gives Shinobu a small bowing of the head, a gesture of respect. He does the same for Suzuri and winks. "Truly beauty comes from all sources, sir calligrapher."

The two trade respects with Zaru as well, the Young Lord having his emotions under control whatever he may think, the Emperor beaming. "I can think of no better circumstance than to be in the company of a doctor!" He smiles warmly as Tsukiko pays respects. "Perhaps to enjoy music..." The Emperor's gaze is averted for a second as he tips his head, leaving Akihiro to unwittingly look Tsukiko in the eyes at the last bit and end up blushing terribly.

He just needs a second to resume being formal again and... ah, here comes Payata and Susumu. The entire royal family can't help but laugh at Payata's antics! Once she recovers the Emperor trades respects with her and Akihiro gets himself under control. With Masako and Susumu finishing the line the Emperor smiles and waves off Masako's concerns. "That I have your loyalty is all the honor I may seek in this lifetime, blessed maiden. Thank you for your consideration!" At the same time Akihiro gives Susumu a look of... mutual respect? and nods back to him with a simple. "Yo."

Lord Tenburo swats the back of Akihiro's head as the introductions finish and Shoko gives you all the monumental glaring of a lifetime. He steps back to the front of the room and places himself at the center, as though preparing for a lesson. Habit and ritual prompt you all to take your places before him as students as he begins to speak, first looking to Tenburo.

"My Emperor, Young Lord, now that you have met the new generation of honored guard I shall address them." He turns back to face you all. "Long has the blood of Amaterasu safe-guarded the land... but longer still has the blood of Izanami-no-kami cursed it." Without looking he grips the hilt of his sword and checks the feel of it in the sheath. "I will now tell you your duty!"

"Every generation the black blood of death will rise and empower the cursed line that inherited it. And every generation our Emperor's heavenly blood will oppose this dark champion." Shoko points down at you all, the pressure in the room slowly mounting. "Therefore! I must regrettably trust the training I pass unto you all to endure for 5, 10, maybe even 20 years!" He lowers his arm.

"You will become Lord Akihiro's shield and sword." The Young Lord looks a bit intimidated by such a prospect! Shoko begins to rotate his arms a bit, then shifts his head from side to side hunting for cracks and pops in the neck. Muscle memory tells you what must be coming next. He draws his blade, a simple katana that he keeps honed and clean, only a few of the deepest nicks still present.

"My Lord, that I may show you the fruits of their training." He takes a casual stance, holding his blade with one hand at his waist, pointing out towards the wall. His other arm is kept free, hanging at his side with his hand in a fist. He sneers and his presence floods the room, the Master suddenly casting his shadow over you all as though a great giant! "COME AT ME!"

Training: All Dailies, Encounters, Action Points and Surges will be refunded after Encounter.

Shoko: Damage Taken: 0 AC/F/R/W AC/F/R/W 22/26/24/23

Suzuri, Passive Perception: Shoko is in a readied stance, clearly prepared to counter attackers.

Masako, Passive Insight: You get the feeling Shoko is holding back.

(Lets shoot for all posted by Friday Night, Eastern time. Shoko will go then or earlier if all PCs post earlier. Use Orokos for rolls under the campaign "3 lands")

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Zaru

Zaru frowns, the first to step forward. The Japanese certainly did have a flair for being overly dramatic. Shoko, in particular, seemed to take great pleasure in showing off his muscles and loud voice. His obnoxious attitude had been the least tolerable part of Zaru's training. Unfortunately for the huge master, showing off one's anatomy is exactly the opposite of wise when facing a physician, especially one of Zaru's calibre (if he did say so himself).

The monkey-man approaches Shoko quite calmly, arms tucked into his sleeves. Then, quite suddenly, his black hands dart out, long and agile fingers touching one very precise point on the big man's wrist. When they come away, they leave a long and gleaming needle quivering in place. "通里" mumbles Zaru, almost to himself. He'd never taken much stock in the idea of shouting out the names of one's attacks - why let your opponent know which technique you were employing? - but it was an old habit he'd never quite managed to shake. Even when practising traditional acupuncture, he couldn't help but mutter the names of each point. At least it helped him keep track of which meridians he'd pierced. Such as the Tongli point, Penetrating the Interior, whose qi flow he had just blocked. Suddenly, Shoko was finding it very hard to move.

Minor: Stunning Palm stance! Until the stance ends, Zaru cannot be dazed or stunned, and he can use the Stunning Palm Attack power.
Move: to D6.
Standard: Fallen Needle vs Reflex: 1d20+8 26 1d10+6 12 damage to Shoko, and he takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against me UEONT.
No Action: Iron Soul Flurry of Blows! Shoko takes another 5 damage and cannot shift until the start of my next turn.

pre:
Zaru							

Five Storms             [ ] Second Chance	        [-] Stunning Palm

Conditionals:
Alchemist: Create one free alchemical item at no cost at the end of each short rest

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 12, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Workposting, so if I messed something up I'll fix it when I get home
硯 Suzuri, Calligrapher

"Very well, sir. You needn't shout." As he'd been told before--quite rudely, and he's asked with all politeness--the purpose of a military commander is to yell unpleasantly at his recruits, presumably with the intent of humbling them. It seems kind of barbaric to the oni, though many things about Shoko are. He does not hold pleasant feelings toward the man, who seems to expect much greater strength than his cursed muscles are able to provide. He is an artist and a scholar, not a soldier! Crawling through the mud and doing drills are not his forte!

While everyone else falls into a battle stance, Suzuri calmly removes a slip of ricepaper from his case, wets his inkbrush, and serenely draws the character 咒 onto it in eight sweeping strokes. "I have been working on this one for quite some time," he notes, and then raises his voice, taking advantage of his deep, booming tone. "See how your defenses fare now, as you feel my curse!"

With that done, he concentrates for a moment, takes the paper between two fingers, and precisely throws it, as one would throw a card or throwing star. The paper sails through the air, coming to rest at a hover well above the ground, just in front of Shinobu. The talisman, lightly glowing, seems to track Shoko's movements, and turns to face him no matter where he moves, exerting a subtle but threatening pressure upon his spirit.

He then removes the tremendous crossbow--more like a siege weapon, a small ballista--from his back, unfolding it as it sits in his arms. Rather than bolts or some other barbarian's ammunition, he loads the weapon with a long wooden dowel that has a pre-written talisman attached to it. An inventive weapon for a mage! He seems to have done this quite a bit, as he loads the huge weapon without even looking at it or seeming to give it the slightest conscious consideration.

Standard Action: Punishing Talisman (Punishing Eye) in F5. Enemies within 3 squares of the talisman cannot benefit from concealment, and whenever an enemy within 3 squares of the talisman is attacked and hit, they take psychic damage equal to Suzuri's int mod (5).
Minor action: Taking out his big honkin' crossbow.
Free action: Loading the crossbow with a wooden dowel with a talisman attached to it.

pre:
Suzuri 						 
HP: 42/42 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 14

Magic Weapon    	[ ] Second Wind		[x] Punishing Eye
			[ ] Curative Admixture
			[ ] Resistive Formula
			[ ] Spike Wire
			[ ] Swift Mender
			[ ] Phantasmal Henchman

You get THP when you use a daily magic item! Yes, you!

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 12, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Susumu

Scratching the back of his neck through his mane of untamed, dirty white hair, Susumu wonders if this is really such a smart idea. Still, the monkey had decided to give it a shot, and Susumu wasn't going to get shouted at for slacking off. That had a tendency to make his eardrums rattle for the next few days.

Drawing his blade - not a katana, but an older tachi-type sword, more curved - from the sling around his waist, Susumu steps forward, a chill air pouring off of him all at once. "You asked for it, teach," he shrugs, sword held loosely in his hand. Strolling casually towards his instructor, he suddenly breaks into a run at the same time as Suzuri tosses his amulet, spinning his blade around in his hand and swinging it down, a loud roar of wind accompanying the heavy blow. "Don't whine if it's too much!"

Unfortunately, it's too heavy for its own good: Shoko easily parries the blow, dramatics or no. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Susumu twirls his sword back around and takes a step away, raising his weapon in something loosely resembling a defensive stance.

Minor: Form of Winter's Herald. Susumu gets +1 AC, resist 5 cold, and every square within 2 squares of him is difficult terrain.
Move: to E5
Free: Mark Shoko.
Standard: Thundering Strike vs AC, 1d20+10 14, miss

pre:
Susumu 						 
HP: 47/47 (THP: 0)	AC:   20 (+1)	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 12/12 (V: 11)	For:  18	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +2		Ref:  16	Action Points: 1/1
Languages: Japanese, Forbidden

Warden's Fury    	[] Surprise Strike	[x] Form of Winter's Herald
Warden's Grasp          [] Dark Reaping         [] Inspiring Fortitude 
Tempest Assault         [] Roots of Stone
Thorn Strike       	[] Form of Winter's Herald Attack
			[x] Thundering Strike

Conditionals/Resists: +2 to defense vs. opportunity attacks 
resist 2 vs ranged and area attacks
+ con mod (3) damage to all weapon attacks while in guardian form
+1 to all attack rolls and defenses after spending an AP  

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 12, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Masako Sora

Masako unashamedly changed moods instantly as the weapon was drawn, and the obvious signs of sparring to come was revealed, a great grin on her face as she twirled the golden staff in hand, spinning it more and more quickly as her eyes seemed to quite literally glow, her veneer of respectfulness gone as she looked incredibly pleased.

Finally tossing the staff into the air before catching it, sun-tipped end pointed at Shoko, the monkey and the lazy one for only a few moments before small balls of light began to pour into the area one by one, slowly at first before beginning to fill the area around Shoko and the others, one ball turning into thirty then into a hundred. Her fellows in battle would find the light balls curving around them, while the balls attentively 'tried' to hit Shoko, "You can't dodge all of us! It was incredibly flashy, light filling the entire room as bullets continued to shoot out of the end of her staff, containing Shoko by forcing his movements.

Standard: Brilliant Beacon vs. Will 1d20+8, 22 + 2 (CA) - 24 - Hit!
Area 1 Burst Ongoing 10 Radiant damage to all enemies, centered on Shoko (D5) (save ends), burst creates area that makes all enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls, defenses, and saving throws. Sustain: Minor action, can move area up to 6 squares as a move action.

pre:
Masako 						 
HP: 31/31 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +8		Ref:  19	Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 19    
Languages: Japanese, Youkai, Divine, Hindi

Hands of Radiance   	[ ] Second Wind		[X] Brilliant Beacon
Sun Strike              [ ] Shield of Devotion 	
			[ ] Memories of 1000 Lives
			[ ] Preserver's Rebuke
			[ ] Blades of Astral Fire
			[ ] Miraculous Fortune
			[ ] Fallen Leaves

Conditionals/Resists: Resist 6 Radiant, 6 Necrotic, +1 all defenses vs bloodied, 
+2 against effects with the poison keyword and effects that weakened, slowed, or immobilized
Make saving throw to end stun/daze at start of turn. CA against all enemies on first turn of fight.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 13, 2014

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I managed to screw up my ability scores on my sheet somehow - I fixed them and reflected the changes in my block!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg

Payata's face screws up in a maddened grin, and she whips out her blade the instant that Shoko bellows the challenge. "Alright, finally! Now it's fight time!" She lets out a battlecry worthy of the gods themselves, veritably hurling herself at her instructor. She pauses briefly when she reaches Zaru and slams her shield down onto the ground in front of him. Both of them are completely hidden by the shield's towering height. "Let's get stuck in!"

She instantly shifts just to the side of Shoko, her shield making a maddening scrape along the floor. "Even if I can't hit you, I sure as hell won't let you hit anybody else! Let's see what you got, Shoko!" She ducks behind her shield, holding out her blade behind her. "Of course, does it count as a hit... if I'm only defending myself?" She pumps her shield arm forward quick as a flash, the huge plate of metal slamming into Shoko's legs and knocking him completely off balance!

"Haha, it's that easy, huh?" She smirks, then turns to the rest of the group, "Alright, he's an easy target now! Don't hold back!"

Standard - Shield Bash! 1d20+7+2 = 26. Hit! 1d10+4 = 6 damage! Shoko is knocked prone!
Standard - AP - Shield Feint! 1d20+11+2 = 20. Hit! 1d8+5 = 11 damage! +3 to my next attack roll until EoNT!
Move - To D4!
Minor - Cloak of Resistance! Gain resist 5 to all damage until SoNT!
Free - Combat Challenge on Shoko! -2 to attack rolls that do not include me!

pre:
Payata 						 
HP: 39/39 (THP: 6)	AC:   20	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)	For:  21	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +1		Ref:  15	Action Points: 0/1

Combat Challenge    	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Shove and Slap
Shield Feint		[X] Shield Bash		[X] Cloak of Resistance
			[ ] Immediate Vengeance

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 5 to all damage

Poultron fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 13, 2014

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
(OOC: Watch the 4e noob complete foul this up...) :ohdear:

Tsukiko

Narrowing her eyes at Shoko's shouted command to attack, Tsukiko watches the man carefully as several of her collegues make their moves. Then, as he is distracted by the others, she whispers something too low for any to hear. A faint flickering violet halo begins to surround Shoko, before fading away in the brightness of the glowing orbs created by Masako's attack.

Frowning, Tsukiko begins to circle to Shoko's left, hoping that the others are able to keep his attention fixed on them as she moves to flank him while her hands begin to work unseen inside the voluminous sleeves of her robe.

Free: Apply Assassin's Shroud on Shoko
Minor: Darkfire vs Reflex: 1d20+9 17 - Failed
Move: to F10
Standard: Ready weapon (unseen, within robes's sleeves)

pre:
Tsukiko 						 
HP: 31/31 (THP: 6)	AC:   17	     Passive Insight:    15

Executioner's Noose    	   [X] Darkfire	                        [ ] Concerted Effort
			   [ ] Dissonant Strain                 

Conditionals/Resists:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Missed Shinobu.)

Next Round is Sunday Night! East Coast US times!

Actions Resolved: Shoko takes an additional 20 damage from Suzuri's talisman bonus. Payata's Mark overrides Susumu's.

Unleashing a coordinated tidal wave of strategic offense you thoroughly disable Shoko and knock him to his knees, leaving a criss-cross pattern of fresh welts and shiny burns on his bare torso. Through it all he never lowers his arms or breaks his open stance.

If any would dare to see if the Emperor is impressed, they would miss the split-second reaction it takes for Shoko to rise from Prone(Minor) and take his blade in both hands, the tip of the katana reflecting the lights Masako casts everywhere. The blade takes on their golden outline for a second as he performs a slow spin and "catches" on the air, drawing upon the momentum of combat as though it were ambient energy! With a single effortful whirlwind thrust Shoko unleashes the appropriate and opposite reaction, golden waves of energy whalloping the lot of you!

Shinobu alone unwittingly evades it all... was it her hesitation to join the fight!? Everybody else takes 10 Radiant Damage with Payata resisting down to 5 and Masako/Suzuri resisting down to 4.

"Chh. I should cast you overboard for sleeping through that one, Ogre. Please, join our spar!" Shoko takes a two-hand grip upon the hilt of his katana and readies himself for your group's next assault! It is a classic sparring stance he always uses to punish those in melee, one you are all painfully familiar with.

Training: All Dailies, Encounters, Action Points and Surges will be refunded after Encounter.

Shoko: Damage Taken: 64 AC/F/R/W AC/F/R/W 22/26/24/23, -2 Attack Zaru, No Shift UEONT(Zaru), Shroud(Tsukiko), Mark(Payata), -2 All Rolls
Counter Stance: Close Burst 5 vs Fort that returns Damage taken divided by those hit. Radiant.

quote:

HP

Shinbou: 43/43
Zaru: 28/38
Payata: 39/39 THP: 1
Masako: 27/31
Susumu: 37/47
Tsukiko: 27/31
Suzuri: 38/42

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 15, 2014

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Shinobu

Shinobu grins at Shoko's order to attack. "Let's go, then!" She pulls her club off her back...with a little too much strength, embedding the tip of the club in the floor. The weight of it seems to shake with such force it feels as if the whole room moved from it. "drat." While the others start the fight, she works on retrieving her weapon. With the sound of more shattering wood, the club comes free and Shinobu has to stop it from going into the ceiling. "Okay, now I'm ready! Heads up!" She quickly moves up to Shoko's side and swings the club with both hands at him, strinking him with a full-force blow. Taking in a deep breath, her skin seems to harden, as if it were stone.

EDIT: fixed my move action and wrote out an explanation for the missed turn I guess

Move: To E6
Standard: Devastating Strike vs AC 1d20+10 28 2d6+1d8+8 16
Effect: Until the start of your next turn, any attacker gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls against you.

Minor: Stone's Endurance
Effect: You gain resist 5 to all damage until the end of your next turn.

pre:
Shinobu

Devastating Strike	[x] Stone's Endurance	[ ] Life-Ending Strike
			[ ] Batter Down
			[ ] Combat Sprint
			[ ] Thundering Smash

Conditionals/Resists: +4 to all defenses against opportunity attacks provoked by charging.

Indigo Cephalopods fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 15, 2014

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Zaru

Zaru barely has time to react to Shoko's attack before he's also forced to duck underneath Shinobu's strike. The combined distractions are enough to throw off his evasive manoeuvre, and the counterattack connects true despite his best efforts. drat it all! He was having enough trouble with this new body without having to worry about this ogre-woman wildly swinging her weapon about.

Skidding to a halt, he briefly considers his options. There weren't many. His attempted dodge had left him out of position. The only thing to do was continue with his original intention - penetrate the Celestial Window, and hopefully leave Shoko completely helpless against his strikes.

Once again, lithe fingers dart out to leave shining needles embedded deep within skin. "天牖", he mumbles, but this time his attack is less than successful. Tian You was located directly below the ear, and in the best of circumstances could be difficult to locate; in the heat of battle and against Shoko's swift movements, the needles merely end up stabbing Shoko in the neck. Not exactly as planned, considers Zaru, but effective in its own way. He swiftly leaps backwards across the mat in anticipation of Shoko's second counterattack.

Immediate Interrupt: Second Chance! Force Shoko to reroll his attack versus me: Shoko's Rebuke Reroll vs. Fortitude: 1d20+13 28 welp
Standard: Stunning Palm Attack vs Fortitude: 1d20+11 18 5 Stunning Palm Miss Damage: 2d8+5 19 damage to Shoko and the stance ends.
Minor: Fallen Needle Movement Technique: shift 1 square to E7.
Move: Move to J7, out of the counter blast.

pre:
Zaru							

Five Storms             [x] Second Chance	        [x] Stunning Palm

Conditionals:

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Tsukiko

Tsukiko flinches as the effects of Shoko's counterattack buffet her, yet her concentration never wavers. She continues to study their teacher carefully - mentally noting the miniscule shifts and changes in his body movements as he attacks and defends. She takes particular note that he has dropped into a familiar sparring stance and determines, both from observation and (painful) experience, that his attention is directed primarily towards the rest of the group.... or at leasts she fervently hopes so.

As she continues edging slowly around to get into position behind him, she pulls a loaded hand-held crossbow from her sleeve. Raising her weapon to eye-level she glances towards the Imperial family to see if they are watching her, rather than taking careful aim, and fires.

The bolt whizzes past Shoko (and her collegues, thankfully) and buries itself deep into the wooden wall on the opposite side of the room.

*Oh that's not good,* she thinks as she realises she has just given away her one advantage...

Move: to A9
Free: Apply (second) Assassin's Shroud on Shoko
Minor: Draw loaded hand-crossbow
Standard: Shoot Shoko - Ranged Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+8 16 - Miss! 1d8+5 7

((OOC: These damned Orokos dice hate me...)) :(

pre:
Tsukiko 						 
HP: 27/31 (THP: 0)	AC:   17	     Passive Insight:    15

Executioner's Noose    	   [X] Darkfire	                        [ ] Concerted Effort
			   [ ] Dissonant Strain                 

Conditionals/Resists:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Payata ducks behind her shield as Shoko begins to whirl, having studied the move countless times before. The entire brunt of the attack is absorbed by the front of her shield! "Ha, you think I haven't seen that a thousand times!?" Payata pivots her shield once again along the ground, positioning herself between Susumu and Shoko. "Well I'm not having it! Get behind me, you two!" Payata pumps her shield arm forward again, smashing it into Shoko's midsection, causing him to stumble backwards! At the same time, she slashes at him with devastating quickness, her blade back behind her before the slice could even register. She slams her shield back down onto the ground, blade still behind her at the ready. "Go on and retaliate, I dare you!"

Standard - Shove and Slap! 1d20+11 = 24. Hit! 2d10+4 = 11 damage! Shoko is Pushed to C5, and Payata Shifts to D5.
Move - No action.
Minor - No action.

pre:
Payata 						 
HP: 39/39 (THP: 1)	AC:   20	Passive Insight: 11

Combat Challenge    	[ ] Second Wind		[X] Shove and Slap
			[ ] Immediate Vengeance

Conditionals/Resists:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

硯 Suzuri, Calligrapher

Pleased that his newest curse is seeing use, the oni smirks, allowing himself a moment of self-congratulation. He reacts immediately when he sees Tsukiko's missed attack, however, flinging a written amulet through the air and catching the bolt with it. The paper covers the missed projectile and seems to multiply, with the bolt as a "core," growing where it stands into a foo dog made entirely out of paper and ink. It gives a shuffling growl that sounds like paper tearing, moving in behind Shoko and nipping at his heels. It fails to do any significant damage, unfortunately, but is definitely successful as a distraction.

That done, Suzuri decides to step away from the area where he may face further retaliation, then hefts his great talisman launcher, takes aim, and fires a paper-wrapped dowel...immediately above Shoko's head, where it whizzes harmlessly past him and embeds itself in the wall with a small explosion of arcane-looking sparkles. He inwardly curses, scowling. Well, they can't all be winners.

Immediate Interrupt: In reaction to Tsukiko missing, create a Phantasmal Henchman (paper foo dog) on the opposite side of Shoko to all of the rest of the team, post-Payata's shoving him. It sticks around until the end of Suzuri's next turn. (The punishing talisman stays for the whole encounter.)
Minor action: The phantasmal henchman attacks! Phantasmal Henchman Attack vs Will: 1d20+8 18 2d6+6 10 Aaaaand it misses. It's still around, and counts for flanking.
Move action: Suzuri shifts to J4, out of the counter radius.
Standard action: Magic Weapon vs AC: 1d20+12 20 1d10+6 10 That misses too. Meh, decent rolls, he's just got craaaaazy defenses.

pre:
Suzuri 						 
HP: 38/42 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 14

[ ] Curative Admixture
			[ ] Resistive Formula
			[ ] Spike Wire
			[ ] Swift Mender
			[x] Phantasmal Henchman

You get 6 THP when you use a daily magic item! Yes, you!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Masako Sora

Continuing to spew bits of light, Masako gritted her teeth as her instructor's own light tore through her and her allies, making use of her energy as a base - but she kept it going. At the same time a large bullet of light formed on the bottom end of her staff, face looking slightly pale as she expended the energy, shooting it out towards the crowd, zipping the large bullet around her allies to smash into the area around them... only for it to be fully avoided by her target. "Tch." Was the only response to that miss, no bragging as she continued to at least fill the area with light.

Standard: Falling Leaves vs Reflex 1d20+8: 18 [1d20=10] MISS 2d8+6: 14
Movement: Shift back to J3
Minor: Sustain Brilliant Beacon, Area 1 Burst centered on D5. -2 to enemy Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, and Defenses (Shoko is at 20/24/22/21 defense wise)

pre:
Masako 						 
HP: 27/31 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 20

[ ] Preserver's Rebuke
			[ ] Miraculous Fortune
			[x] Fallen Leaves

Conditionals/Resists: Resist 6 Radiant, 6 Necrotic, +1 all defenses vs bloodied, 
+2 against effects with the poison keyword and effects that weakened, slowed, or immobilized
Make saving throw to end stun/daze at start of turn. CA against all enemies on first turn of fight.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Susumu

Susumu groans and shakes himself off as the wave of energy from Shoko's blade washes over him, this time waiting for the others to dive into combat before charging in himself. He'd missed last time, near everyone else had gotten blocked or parried this time. Maybe he'll get lucky this time. Spinning his sword around, he charges forward in a smooth motion, a flurry of snow covering his approach, his blade frosting over as he thrusts it straight forward, wielding it more like a western blade than an eastern one.

Amazingly, the blade finds its mark, sinking deep into Shoko's chest. Susumu himself winces at the attack, realizing that they hadn't bothered to bust out the training blades. Oh well. Shoko's a tough old bastard, he can manage it. Susumu grunts and pulls his blade back, an eerie air of frost pouring out of Shoko's wound, wisps of cold air rising out of it. The wound would already slow him down enough, but the cold will make things even worse.

Move: to C4
Standard: Form of Winter's Herald Attack vs AC: 1d20+10 24 (hit) 1d10+5+3 16, Shoko is immobilized (save ends)

pre:
Susumu 						 
HP: 37/47 (THP: 0)	AC:   20 (+1)	Passive Insight: 11

Warden's Fury    	[] Surprise Strike	[x] Form of Winter's Herald
Thorn Strike       	[] Form of Winter's Herald Attack
			[x] Thundering Strike

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Next Round Wednesday Morning!

Under another assault from all sides Shoko maintains a calm demeanor and smoothly delivers textbook strikes back upon those who attack him. He catches Shinbou in the side of the head with the flat of his blade for 11 Damage reduced to 6, a dull thud echoing through the dojo. He then clashes against Payata's shield, Susumu's blade and Zaru's shadow as they avoid the infamous "scolding" of their master.

Following a club, a shield and a blade to the chest Shoko simply smirks and takes up a new stance, his blade held in both hands and brought up to his shoulder in preparation of a huge downward swing. "You are meant to impress your Emperor!" With a loud shout Shoko executes a masterful swing... and vanishes in a swirl of golden smoke as an ethereal effigy of a great lunging tiger erupts from thin air in mid-pounce, lunging down towards the battleground!

Shoko becomes Untargetable as the Tiger Effigy takes his place for this round! It retains some of the afflictions put upon Shoko but is otherwise its own entity! It is more of a projectile than any sort of summon(will not use Opportunity Attacks against you) so your only hope is to destroy it before it strikes!

Suzuri: Reposition Foo Dog on any square adjacent to Tiger Effigy aside from the Walls.

Tiger Effigy: HP: 85/85 AC/F/R/W 15/15/15/15, Shroud x2(Tsukiko), Mark(Payata), -4 All Defenses(11/11/11/11), Immobilized

quote:

HP

Shinbou: 37/43
Zaru: 28/38
Payata: 39/39 THP: 1
Masako: 27/31
Susumu: 37/47
Tsukiko: 27/31
Suzuri: 38/42

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

For those of you calculating along at home, all successful hits do an additional 8 damage after this turn.

硯 Suzuri, Calligrapher

Ah, turning into a tremendous tiger made of light. Of course. Because that makes sense.

The oni, nonplussed, decides that it's probably best just to treat it like it's a real...gigantic tiger. It's Shoko, so inevitably it will hurt if they're lazy about it. First, he concentrates for a moment, and the floating talisman lazily glides through the air closer to the Shoko-tiger, exerting its curse upon it once more. He then loads his huge crossbow with a special dowel, takes aim, and fires it off toward the tiger's leg, and it makes impact with a satisfying THWACK. Heh, so much for spectral-light-mysticism.

From the impact, the paper detaches from the dowel and lengthens at alarming speed, wrapping itself around the tiger's legs and starting to glow with endless copies of the character originally drawn on it. The enchantment on the binding strengthens the curse exerted by the floating talisman, causing Shoko to receive even more damage every time he is hit.

Reposition the foo dog to -A3, and then it evaporates after this turn.
Move action: Moving the punishing talisman a couple squares up, so the tiger is enclosed in it.
Standard action: Spike Wire vs Fortitude: 1d20+8 16 1d8+6 9 Hits! The tiger has spike wire wrapped around it, so every time an ally hits it with an attack it takes damage equal to Suzuri's wis modifier (3). This attack also triggers the talisman!
Minor action would go toward healing Susumu, but he's too far away and going closer seems like a bad idea at this juncture.

pre:
Suzuri 						 
HP: 38/42 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 14

[ ] Curative Admixture
			[ ] Resistive Formula
			[x] Spike Wire
			[ ] Swift Mender
			[x] Phantasmal Henchman

You get 6 THP when you use a daily magic item! Yes, you!

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 19, 2014

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Zaru

Zaru squints contemplatively at the gigantic tiger now roaring in mid-air. Hmm. This one was going to be tricky. Did tigers even have a Great Horizontal? He couldn't see one. Okay, perhaps there's a pressure point the- no, no, definitely not. This is clearly not going to work. He's a doctor, not a veterinarian! What technique is he supposed to show off here? That meathead Shoko had absolutely no consideration for the physician's art!

Sighing, he shrugs back his sleeves to reveal an improbable amount of needles perched amongst his fingers. Time for what the students back at the Academy had called '噴霧和祈禱'. Darting forward with fantastic speed, his careful and precise movements were replaced with an equally careful but absolutely non-precise windmill of flying needles. The great tiger finds itself inundated with irritating points. Quite harmless by themselves, but in numbers as deadly as a swarm of bees. Besides, sooner or later he'd strike a pressure point... right?

Move: Drunken Monkey Movement Technique: move to C7.
Standard: Drunken Monkey vs Will: 1d20+8 15 1d8+6 12 damage to Tiger Effigy, and it makes a melee basic attack against itself! (please tell me it can make MBAs, also +3 damage from Spike Wire and +5 from Talisman)
No Action: Iron Soul Flurry of Blows! Tiger Effigy takes 5 extra damage and cannot shift until the start of its next turn.
Action Point!
Standard: Fallen Needle vs Reflex: 1d20+8 22 1d10+6 9 damage to Tiger Effigy (+3 damage from Spike Wire, +5 from Talisman), and it takes -2 to attack rolls vs Zaru UEONT!

pre:
Zaru							

Five Storms             [x] Second Chance	        [x] Stunning Palm
Fallen Needle           [x] Drunken Monkey

Conditionals:

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 19, 2014

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Tsukiko

Later, if they discussed the battle as a group, Tsukiko would claim that she foresaw Shoko using this move as a distraction. That hadn't her specialised training included learning to use her keen eyes to watch for this very sort of thing, and then counter it? Of course it had, don't be so ignorant.

Truth be told though, she was momentarily stunned by his disappearance and the emergence of what seemed to be a giant Tiger in his place.

Still he had commanded them to impress the Emperor with their skills and even the most untrained observer would acknowledge that she had been fairly ineffectual in the battle thus far. Perhaps she could claim that it was all part of her disguise...? No.

Shaking off the momentary lethargy affecting her Tsukiko darts backward, quickly placing some distance between herself and the effigy while rapidly reloading her hand crossbow. Simultaneously her mind was replaying the battle’s events thus far, and she heard Shoko’s taunts to the group to try harder echoing in her head. *Impress the Emperor... and then he does this... wait... Yes!*

Skidding to a halt she turns toward the tiger effigy. With narrowed eyes she points at it with her free hand and calls out in a loud voice, directing her comments not to the tiger itself but to the room at large. “You call upon us to impress our Emperor by showing our skills in battle against you and yet, when we strike, you choose instead to hide yourself in the shadows and let this illusion distract us. Do YOU think that I am impressed by such a fanciful beast? Well... I. Am. NOT!

The mocking tone of her voice is clear to everyone in the room. Even some of the servants gasp openly at such brazen words coming from one whom had been so meek earlier.

Move: to F9
Free: Reload hand crossbow
Standard: Vicious Mockery vs Will: 1d20+6 9 - Failed 1d6+5 8

((OOC: Goddamn ^%$#@^*&&^$# dice!! Missed AGAIN... unless Suzuri's actions add at least +2 to my attack roll. I am cursed :saddowns: ))

pre:
Tsukiko 						 
HP: 27/31 (THP: 0)	AC:   17	     Passive Insight:    15

[ ] Dissonant Strain                 

Conditionals/Resists:

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 23, 2014

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Sorry for the boring post, not a whole lot to do this turn for me!

"What kinda trick is this?" Payata wrenches her shield from the ground, taking the opportunity to lunge forward and drive her blade into the effigy in front of her, dealing quite a blow! "You afraid to face me now or what!?" She once again fortifies her position with her shield in front, and her blade at the ready behind her. "Y'know, you're making this kinda boring, Shoko. I was hoping I'd have to actually put forth some sort of effort today! Make me break a sweat or something!"

Standard - Shield Feint! - 1d20+11 = 30. Hit! 1d8+5 = 13! damage!
Move - To C5!
Minor - No action.

pre:
Payata 						 
HP: 39/39 (THP: 1)	AC:   20	Passive Insight: 11

Combat Challenge    	[ ] Second Wind		[X] Shove and Slap
			[ ] Immediate Vengeance

Conditionals/Resists:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Shinobu

Shinobu grits her teeth as the flat of the blade dully rings against her head. When the bright lights go away, Shoko is gone and a giant ethereal tiger stands in his place. "Aw, that's no fun. Better get rid of this guy quickly." Shinobu grips her club tight in both hands, pulls it back and up behind her, and swings it full force at the tiger, knocking the spirit beast down to the ground.

Move: To C6
Standard: Batter Down vs. AC 1d20+10 19 4d6+8 24
Effect: Knock the target prone

pre:
Shinobu

Devastating Strike	[x] Stone's Endurance	[ ] Life-Ending Strike
			[ ] Batter Down
			[ ] Combat Sprint
			[ ] Thundering Smash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Susumu

Susumu's heard of tigers, but he's never seen one before in his life. Staring down this giant one for a moment, he then turns his head towards his Lord and his family, expression annoyed. "Oi! Are you all seeing the shi- the things this man puts us through?"

With that bit of whining done, he turns on his heel and swings his sword overhead, just after Shinobu finishes knocking the beast onto its side, landing a nasty hit right upside its head with the flat of his blade.

Standard: Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+12 30 Hit! 1d10+5+1+3 12
Free: Surprise Strike, the Tiger's dazed. Maybe that will delay it.

pre:
Susumu 						 
HP: 37/47 (THP: 0)	AC:   20 (+1)	Passive Insight: 11

Warden's Fury    	[X] Surprise Strike	[x] Form of Winter's Herald
Thorn Strike       	[X] Form of Winter's Herald Attack
			[x] Thundering Strike

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

((Posting from phone because I am out of the house.))

Masako Sora

The next movement from the priestess is simple as the large tiger-creature emerged, nothing fancy to accompany her debilitating tiny bullets of light, except for one larger bullet flying towards the face of the tiger-creature, ball of light smashing into its face.

Standard: Sun Strike vs Reflex 1d20+8: 10 [1d20=2] +2 (CA from Susumu Dazing) = 12 HIT 1d8+6: 12 [1d8=6]
Minor: Maintaining Brilliant Beacon. Same effects.
Move: Moving center point of Brilliant Beacon one square up, to emanate from C5 now.

pre:
Masako 						 
HP: 27/31 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 20

[ ] Preserver's Rebuke
			[ ] Miraculous Fortune
			[x] Fallen Leaves

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

United in purpose your assault cleaves through the center mass of the tiger effigy before it crashes through the "battleground", ripping through you all as a diminished wind of Shoko's will for 8 Damage to all. This marks the second time you have ever avoided a premature end to a spar by being knocked out simultaneously. As the last puffs of golden smoke extinguish Shoko reappears, standing ready with a new stance, his blade held overhead in both hands like a risen scythe.

Ah, but the door is drawn open and a sailor sheepishly looks in, wildly impressed by what he is witnessing. He composes himself! "Sir, we've run into a sudden storm." Shoko and Lord Tenburo share a quick look. Shoko breaks his stance and gestures his sword back to the young man. "Keep me up to date and hollow our some barrels. I'll be up in a minute." The sailor nods and departs as the Emperor and his family clap politely at the climax of the show!

The Emperor's own medical staff tend to your wounds, including a pretty young girl trying to assist Lord Shoko who only demands a single roll of bandages for the stabbing Susumu gave him! The bleeding has already stopped! It seems he will continue the rest of the healing by raw grit.

As for the rest of you all Encounter/Daily Powers, Action Points and Healing Surges are restored. HP is capped off. It is an excellent staff! Food will be served soon, authentic catch of the day... ah, actually, the ship is well-stocked and you may sample cuisine offered by Lord Tenburo's personal chef, a master of the craft.

Lord Shoko looks you all over with a single grunt after wrapping his chest, then sheaths his blade. He heads out the door but stops to say one thing.

"Good job."

And he departs! Oh, and young lord Akihiro seems to be awe-struck by the whole battle. The Emperor, Miyo and his staff depart the room but his son stays behind.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Susumu

Turning to young lord Akihiro, Susumu gives him a small thumbs up, grinning from ear to ear, the eerie chill in the room fading as Susumu's adrenaline stops pumping. "See? Not that rough, once you know how to bat the old timer around." This despite the fact that Susumu probably took the worst of the fight. "Just don't try any of that at home. Your old man would be touring my head around town by morning."

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Zaru

"Hm." Zaru begins to gather his scattered needles, easily bending over to pluck them from the floor mats and ignoring the staff's offers of help. The first problem with using 噴霧和祈禱 was cleaning up afterwards (both needles and messy bodily fluids). The second problem was that it was a really bad idea during actual acupuncture. Patients tended not to enjoy having a wall of sharp points being hurled at them. Precision, precision, precision, that's the thing.

He notices Akihiro's stare and pauses briefly to bow. "I hope our spar was sufficient to impress you, Lord Akihiro. Lord Shoko has trained us well." As well as any man obsessed with his grandiose gestures could manage, anyway. "I only wish I could demonstrate the peaceful applications of Kampō to you as well."

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Tsukiko

Tsukiko bows deeply, eyes downcast as the Emperor and his wife depart, then straightens and carefully tucks her small hand-crossbow back inside her sleeve. She glances around quickly at the others, and then hurries to find her wayward bolt. Remembering that the giant, Suzuri, had used it as the basis for some kind of summoning spell she carefully scans the floor.

Eventually she locates the bolt under one of the small windows set into the wall that is the side of the ship. Picking it up, she clucks under her tongue about the wasted shot then tucks it away inside her sleeve, before again glancing around and suddenly realising that Akihiro has stayed behind. Thankfully he seems to be directing his attention to both Sasume and Zaru though and, suddenly becoming embarrassed about her poor performance in the skirmish and then her apparent ill-tempered outburst, Tsukiko quickly scurries to the opposite side of the room and ducks behind Pataya, as if using her as a means to become invisible.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Payata stands proudly next to her shield, clanging her blade against the face of it. "Another technical victory for the Divine Shield, Payata!" She declares loudly. "Although a technical victory isn't really much of a victory at all, is it? I mean, we barely even got to fight! When are we gonna face someone who's actually gonna go all out, huh?" She twirls her blade in her hand quickly before sticking it in the scabbard on her back, keeping her shield out. She hardly even seems to notice as Tsukiko rushes in behind her, evidently too used to her allies taking cover behind her to make particular mention of it.

"Well, if we aren't gonna fight anymore, we can at least eat, right? Are they gonna bring the food here or do I have to walk? I'll walk, I just wanna know in advance. If I walk too far when I'm hungry I pass out on my shield and it's real bad because it's not comfortable you know? There was this one time-" She continues to babble about some nonsensical story, directed at nobody in particular. She makes several sweeping gestures with both arms that threaten to clobber Tsukiko with her shield, however.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Tsukiko

Tsukiko easily ducks Payata's wildly gesticulating arms as the panda-girl launches into her story. *So much for trying to stay hidden*, she muses.

"Hush Yadda," she says, laying one hand on Payata's shoulder and using her nickname with a wry smile. "Another time for that story. Here. It's stuffed with pickled vegetables, just how you like." She produces a large riceball wrapped in banana leaf from a pouch tucked into her wide obi, and hands it to Payata. "That should hold you over for now, but I have another if you are really hungry."

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 23, 2014

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Payata's eyes grow wide, and she snatches the riceball immediately from under her own ravenous gaze. She pops it into her mouth and swallows it whole with an exaggerated 'gulp!' "I didn't ask for a snack, Kiko! I need MEAT! Somethin' to really fill me up, you know?!" She thumps the bottom of her shield on the ground in irritation. "...it was good, though."

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Tsukiko

"I know, Yadda, I know. Sumimasen. Sorry, but I do not have anything like that spare." Tsukiko pats the panda-girl on the shoulder soothingly, then mock-glares at her. "And don't swallow it whole! It's bad for your digestion. Remember last time.."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

硯 Suzuri, Calligrapher

The oni looks on at the chaos unfolding before him, removing a small tube with the emperor's crest printed on it he'd bought off a servant from his bag and lighting it with a small flame charm. He draws, holds, and releases a small plume of smoke from his mouth, feeling it calm his nerves. His one real vice, as he largely refrained from drinking due to certain...risks, should he lose too many of his inhibitions.

When he notices Akihiro staring, he tries to give a reassuring smile, though it comes out a little awkward. "See, boy? You are in good hands, if we can hold our own even against that dervish."

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 24, 2014

• Locked thread