Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i dont like vice magaZine i subscribe to obie trice magazine insteaad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
joke too long. i extracted all meaningful humor after 42 seconds.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Apthous posted:

The OP is just mad that "Too Many Cooks" is a parody of a film his mom starred in the 60s*.

*"Too Many Cocks"

great GBS posts always include an explanation of the joke as a footnote

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

great GBS posts always include an explanation of the joke as a footnote

tbf i first though the point was that op's mom was old and domesticated, a housewife of the 60s

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

joke too long. i extracted all meaningful humor after 42 seconds.

If you literally watched less than a minute, then no, you didn't see all of the humor.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

If you literally watched less than a minute, then no, you didn't see all of the humor.
I didn't need to literally see all the humor in order to see all the humor.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
They were trying to be LiarTown USA but didn't quite hit the mark.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
i have watched it 0.5 of a time. i liked it but i'm too drunkt o pay attention for that long.

i liked the spave bit

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

I didn't need to literally see all the humor in order to see all the humor.

Did you watch one minute of it and assume the whole video was just that for 11 minutes? Because it isn't.

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
Too Many Cooks in this thread. I thought it was good on the first page but it ran way too long. I'll probably start liking the thread again when somebody posts dying Smarf.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Good but I don't really know what the fuss was all about.

I mean, if you took Inland Empire, injected it with some sense, cut it down to 11 minutes and aired it at 4am it'd be the exact same gosh dang thing.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Or perhaps this is significant becuase the pooblic is now paying attention to AS's brand of weird poo poo. Tim and Eric gone mainstream, yall.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Not that they weren't mainstream before...Just that they've reached a broader level of mainstream.

The End

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
So with mainstream becoming so loving weird, does the internet eventually become normal?

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Trick question, this poo poo still isn't mainstream, and goons are still all dumb. self included.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

there's like two or three minutes of horseshit in the middle but overall a solid viral video. B+

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

So with mainstream becoming so loving weird, does the internet eventually become normal?

Yes.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Oh wait it was a trick question! Ha ha *pulls collar with finger* never-mind.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i think some of tim and erics stuff is funny

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I wish fatal farm would do more of their fake intros

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

a lot of people think i dislike this to be goony, or because i enjoy being different, but actually it was ok, and i dont hate it so much. but in the world of gbs posts only the strongest opinionated threads get hits

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

normcore videos. i will eat a sensibly sized porkchop and mashed potatoes in my pajamas, quietly.

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
I laughed, but absurdist collage films like Everything is Terrible!'s stuff are still better at ripping apart television nostalgia from the late 20th-century

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
You want some real absurdist stunt to pull. AS? One of those shows that's popular in scandanavia what that take a really long time and is like some dude building a boat or something. Ad free. Your shows are getting shorter and weirder, flip the script and make them longer and more normal.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
The review is in... Feh!

-The_Enlightened_Goon

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i turned down a part in this

guess i owned myself

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Too many Cooks is a work of art. It's like a art house short film with a thousand times the entertainment value of an actual art house short film. I hope it doesn't become a show for the sole reason that it is perfect as it is and should remain that way.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Too many Cooks is a work of art. It's like a art house short film with a thousand times the entertainment value of an actual art house short film. I hope it doesn't become a show for the sole reason that it is perfect as it is and should remain that way.

Nah, it's not a show. It's just a one off thing.

AS does tons of these things. Basically if you've been a producer/editor for long enough you can get 40k for anything.

I was in this one which did surprisingly well in, uh, whatever circle indie horror films do well in.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah, it's not a show. It's just a one off thing.

AS does tons of these things. Basically if you've been a producer/editor for long enough you can get 40k for anything.

I was in this one which did surprisingly well in, uh, whatever circle indie horror films do well in.

cool

i was being disingenuous and copypasted a facebook comment.

good luck in your endeavors :)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nonsense posted:

cool

i was being disingenuous and copypasted a facebook comment.

good luck in your endeavors :)

thanks man i appreciate it.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
It's pretty funny if you're not an unwashed dick I guess. But I don't get the hype surrounding it.

Haverchuck posted:

I wish fatal farm would do more of their fake intros

:agreed:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsWDwRmIHbc

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
this is no gangnam style op

hate to be a negative gbs pooper dooper but he kind of nails it in that vice interview is the forumula is you take a thing from your childhood that is innocent and then you add a boob or a blood

that's a thing robot chicken did really well, but it wasn't good, but here we are, doing that thing again

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

quote:

You can both remember something fondly, and look down on it ironically at the same time. You know what I mean? Like on Full House, yeah, I can look down on it, but it also makes me happy when I see it. It really does. It really enhances those two moods at the same time, which is interesting.

i remember full house!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

fanged wang posted:

this is no gangnam style op

hate to be a negative gbs pooper dooper but he kind of nails it in that vice interview is the forumula is you take a thing from your childhood that is innocent and then you add a boob or a blood

that's a thing robot chicken did really well, but it wasn't good, but here we are, doing that thing again
Robot chicken managed to be clever sometimes but simultaneously never funny

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

jammin'

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
the theme is stuck in my head now

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!
It was just fine until it stuck the 'edgy' serial killer nonsense in it.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Personally, I took it very seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BubbleGoose posted:

It was just fine until it stuck the 'edgy' serial killer nonsense in it.

you have no idea whatsoever what edgy is

• Locked thread