Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

ascendance posted:

This seems quite self-explanatory. Reminds me of the horror of FATAL.

Shit_that_didnt_happen_even_in_a_game.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

I'm John Stuart Mill and I think it's rad that Utility is doubled from the first panel to the last.
\

Seriously- the text tries to argue "Oh, it'll die out now that THE CORES are gone" but the visual story is still "more people are playing and having fun."

They are so close to it but they can't see it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The sheer HATE DW inspires is unprecedented. It's the Gone Home of tabletop games.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Gygax let one of his group play a balrog, so long as he started at 1 HD.

They had him bluff his way into a wizard's tower by saying he was a reporter for the Balrog Times.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
He finally snapped. Good. That "I'm just a reasonable hip sex positive guy asking questions" act is insufferable.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Otisburg posted:

I personally like centering encounters around the Jewish Purple Worm, which is like a regular one missing the very tip.

The succubus who just thinks you should call more often, she worries about you, look, you're wasting away.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh God I think I'm on the other side of that conversation.

I love that when grogs hate something popular it's all "yeah Britney Spears and McDonalds are popular too" but now that they've won the edition wars it's all "the market has spoken!"

Also both of the most active threads in Wizards' 4e General Discussion are him and another grog shouting down 4e fans.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Bendigeidfran posted:

Ha ha. Really though, the fact that Wizards and Paizo apparently don't publish sales is mind-boggling to me. They're like anti-companies. It makes the RPG market into a hilarious black box where we have no idea how many people are playing with each hard-copy and how many people just play online or use pirated PDFs.

From a Forbes interview with Nathan Stewart we get this:

Are there any companies out there that know what the hell they're doing? Or are things going to run on Kickstarters from here on out? Though I have to admit, Kickstarter has a nice fit thematically with tabletop gaming.

Eh, I can understand not giving sales figures if you don't have to. Paizo is privately held and WotC is a subdivision small enough that they don't have to say how many units they're moving.

Movie box office receipts and TV ratings and so on get reported because other parties (exhibitors, advertisers) want that info. The games industry just doesn't have anyone exerting pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Plague of Hats posted:

Edit ^^^ Oh, it's still vaporware according to his incredibly unique definition.

According to Frank, anything that's not regularly stocked on an LGS shelf is a total failure. Also, lots of things are "vaporware", including things that entirely met their schedules and came out years ago.

So how does 5e (which is on shelves everywhere) manage to meet that definition?

• Locked thread