Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

John Wick posted:

Okay, one last time.
I got an email today. It was very sweet. It read, "Mr. Wick, thank you for designing my favorite RPG. It changed how I play games and how I run them. I'm still running a campaign that's been running since you published the game."
It concludes, "Thank you for writing Seven Seas."
Folks...
It's not "Seven Seas."
It's not "Seventh Seas."
It's not "Seven Sea."
It's "SEVENTH. SEA."
Right there on the cover. Like Willy Wonka said, "Black and white, clear as crystal."
This happens to me every day. I get an email from someone complimenting me on the game and getting the drat name wrong. Just wrong.
Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for your praise. I'm inspired that you love the work so many people put into the game.
But please. For my own sanity. Please.
Get the loving name right.

He's like if Curb Your Enthusiasm existed in real life. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

osirisisdead posted:

Don't let someone you don't trust be your Dungeon Master in D&D or in BDSM.

Welp, my timing couldn't have been better. As one of the man's Facebook friends, it's my grim duty to present the thread with this. This is a thing being made by one John J. Wick.. To summarize, it's a sex RPG, which isn't exactly a new concept, but this is the first time someone that could be considered a prominent name in the industry has done it. I can't say it's inherently grog, but I have no doubt that it will become an epicenter for horrible quotes in the near future. I'll keep an eye out.

Though, for more direct content, John stated about this game that he "replaced all the violence usually found in RPGs with sex", except, if you read the description I linked, all the "sex" is accomplished, apparently, through the use of orgasm-inducing weaponry and sci-fi sex magic so all he really did was make the violence creepier. :gonk:

• Locked thread