Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

dust in thje wind man... gently caress so deep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

op is a known bad poster and the only way to lessen the pain of his mouth poops is to do drugs

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
LSD and penguin cafe orchestra, the two great tastes that taste great together

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

op, would you also argue that wise don't make you drugs?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
But seriously man,
Those walls...

They breathed.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Literal Carehaver posted:

LSD and penguin cafe orchestra, the two great tastes that taste great together

this is actually true

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
LSD was cool because it showed me how fragile your perception of reality can be. I didn't really have anything profound happen; just swirly patterns and insane thought loops. The way your thinking changes is impossible to describe and people rarely talk about the insanity that comes with it.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i became a less mean and boring person after i started smoking weed every day.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Tsinava posted:

i became a less mean and boring person after i started smoking weed every day.

too bad it didn't help your posting

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Nathilus posted:

incorrect. u've never done acid, i see.

I've abused acid.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

FunkyFlashman posted:

Drugs have very very specific uses. Acid is one of the very few things that makes your brain function better/faster. I even heard of lawyers/doctors doing their examen on acid. If you think "oh cool i am gonna try that" think again because acid is also one of the very few REAL drugs unlike pot or other kids stuff. It will rule your mind.

Also it is almost impossible for it to leave the system. This is a big big problem. Drug users from the 70s have gotten flashbacks while driving with their family 30 years later and had deadly accidents. You can not only get nasty flashbacks anytime for like 30 years no! It gets even better, because acid is a synthetic thing unknown to your body it hardly leaves your system. So after 30 years when (if) you are functioning piece of society and you want a job or already got a job - at any time - your boss can decide to do a drug test and even 30 years later the drug test will say you took acid. This is a small sample of the joy you will have with acid.

lol

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I like that sort of knowing air that people on acid will take if they're having a good introspective time, where they feel like they've discovered some meaningful thing about themselves, but the truth is that they're just really hosed up on acid. People on mushrooms don't tend to do this which is why its the superior psychedelic drug imo

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
A guy I took acid with once ran two miles to get back to his apartment so that he could clean his bathroom at 4 in the morning because he HAD TOO. He was possessed by a burning desire to clean his bathroom. I tried to talk him out of it but it was no good he was determined.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i remember reading drug forums in the late '90s where people would look down on you if you liked to drop acid to get high. it was a deep and meaningful spiritual experience and gently caress you if you don't agree

those fuckers were the worst, so i agree with the op

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug

Jim Barris posted:

A guy I took acid with once ran two miles to get back to his apartment so that he could clean his bathroom at 4 in the morning because he HAD TOO. He was possessed by a burning desire to clean his bathroom. I tried to talk him out of it but it was no good he was determined.

I think stupid people should be kept away from drugs. I once did acid with a group of people and over the course of the night, the group split up to go do their own things. Later that night I came back to the house to discover some of the group crying hysterically. Apparently they'd wandered down the main street at night into oncoming traffic and didn't even realise what was happening. Another friend's girlfriend once spent an entire night at a music festival in the tent muttering to herself, weeping and sobbing about the fact that people were walking around barefoot, repeating the words 'disgusting, disgusting, disgusting' over and over to herself for hours. Basically if you're a loving idiot I refuse to give you, or be near you on any substance.

The op is pretty much right. If you're a trash human and you have some sort of spiritually enlightening experience, or perceive yourself to have had one, you're still a trash human. Just one with more opinions to force on others.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Tebulot posted:

I think stupid people should be kept away from drugs. I once did acid with a group of people and over the course of the night, the group split up to go do their own things. Later that night I came back to the house to discover some of the group crying hysterically. Apparently they'd wandered down the main street at night into oncoming traffic and didn't even realise what was happening. Another friend's girlfriend once spent an entire night at a music festival in the tent muttering to herself, weeping and sobbing about the fact that people were walking around barefoot, repeating the words 'disgusting, disgusting, disgusting' over and over to herself for hours. Basically if you're a loving idiot I refuse to give you, or be near you on any substance.

The op is pretty much right. If you're a trash human and you have some sort of spiritually enlightening experience, or perceive yourself to have had one, you're still a trash human. Just one with more opinions to force on others.

The problem is that people have the wrong idea about Acid where they think it's a colorful visual hallucination sort of drug when that couldn't be further from the truth. They take it expecting Yellow Submarine but what they end up with is so much more cerebral and internal that I think a lot of people end up being blindsided by the experience. Of course, there's no excuse for ignorance, and it's still their fault.

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009

Tebulot posted:

Another friend's girlfriend once spent an entire night at a music festival in the tent muttering to herself, weeping and sobbing about the fact that people were walking around barefoot, repeating the words 'disgusting, disgusting, disgusting' over and over to herself for hours.

She's right

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

psychedelics are enlightening once or twice. Like, there is a really egocentric, obnoxious assurance people have that the way they see the world is unshakable fact, and psychedelics rightly put these people in their deserving place, which is in the corner wearing a dunce hat.

we need to go back to the good old days when people would randomly mass dose everyone at a party with LSD. It's like vaccinations, they should be mandatory and resistance should be met with a kind of sadistic joy to force it on the person.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Fandyien posted:

you should.
see I could, but then, why would I want to be like you?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

hemophilia posted:

psychedelics are enlightening once or twice. Like, there is a really egocentric, obnoxious assurance people have that the way they see the world is unshakable fact, and psychedelics rightly put these people in their deserving place, which is in the corner wearing a dunce hat.

we need to go back to the good old days when people would randomly mass dose everyone at a party with LSD. It's like vaccinations, they should be mandatory and resistance should be met with a kind of sadistic joy to force it on the person.

Ha Ha yea sure lets dose random people who may or may not be emotionally unstable with powerful psychadelic drugs, what a loving brilliant idea dumbass

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

hemophilia posted:

that's abuse and you're retarded

nice men with truncheons are gonna put you in your deserving place soon judging from this shitpost

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

hemophilia posted:

agreed-o

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
being terrified and unsure of your sanity owns

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It comes back, the experience is good for you though.

Jim Barris posted:

Ha Ha yea sure lets dose random people who may or may not be emotionally unstable with powerful psychadelic drugs, what a loving brilliant idea dumbass

It was a good idea then and its a good idea now

Lichy posted:

that's abuse and you're retarded

nice men with truncheons are gonna put you in your deserving place soon judging from this shitpost

You sound like you could use some yourself buddy

Sazabi_Master
Sep 14, 2014

I came here to laugh at you.
Is it possible to be enlightened by a goon who is able to look down on mind altering substances in order to justify his sheltered sense of reality?

The wisest of the wise.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i used to think it would be widely beneficial for the average person to try lsd but now i do not think that

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sazabi_Master posted:

Is it possible to be enlightened by a goon who is able to look down on mind altering substances in order to justify his sheltered sense of reality?

The wisest of the wise.

you're trippin homes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

tbh it doesn't. salvia used to do that and it sucked rear end. i used to do a fair amount of DMT and towards the end before i stopped, trips were mostly about weird lose of sanity and schizophrenic trip which wasn't fun anymore

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

salvia was the worst experience of my life. never ever loving do salvia.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

salvia is one of the few drugs that is inherently unpleasant. not like, you might have a bad experience, it is just terrible by default. like deadly nightshade

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
lets all put aside our differences and just smoke a big fat blunt

Sazabi_Master
Sep 14, 2014

I came here to laugh at you.

Fandyien posted:

you're trippin homes

You got me there, but at least its delicious. :cheers:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
wots the deal with DMT m8's?

why do people think you see jesus and poo poo on it

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug
DMT is like the god king of hallucinogenics. With an acid trip, you get moving surfaces and heavy introspective thought processes.

DMT you're likely to have conversations with rapidly shifting, multi-dimensional geometric shapes and essentially it's not dissimilar to dreaming, but far more guided, like it's on tracks. And if you're not careful or know how to handle any of the lesser psychedelics you're likely to break something inside your head.

Tebulot fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 16, 2014

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Practically every one of the top 40 records being played on every radio station in the united states is a communication to the children to take a trip, to cop out, to groove. The psychedelic jackets on the record albums have their own hidden symbols and messages as well as the lyrics to all the top rock songs and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

hemophilia posted:

yeah and then somebody is on the wrong medication and loving dies

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i actually had a good experience on salvia, just the comedown is terrible

psychedelic and hallucinogenic drugs should be used sparingly, like every year or so, more than that and youll go crazy

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Nobel prize winner Kary Mullis disagrees with you, OP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kary_Mullis#Use_of_LSD

quote:

Back in the 1960s and early '70s I took plenty of LSD. A lot of people were doing that in Berkeley back then. And I found it to be a mind-opening experience. It was certainly much more important than any courses I ever took.
On the other hand "He has promoted AIDS denialism,[7][8][9][10][11][12] climate change denial[7] and his belief in astrology.[6][7]"
So maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
that guy who tried lsd while a phd student in berkeley was dumb as a rock before he took acid, let's put psychedelics in school lunches

• Locked thread