Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i am so pumped for this year. Purdue has 21 assists on 25 field goals, hot drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

tadashi posted:

Duke is good at running plays like they are in practice when they are actually in a game against a team.

Also, Presbyterian is so small, they don't have enough money to pay for ads during their nationally televised football/basketball games.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anybody have an MSU-Navy stream? CBS Sports' attempt at live streaming seems like a barrel of dicks.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
wvu is gonna win despite shooting like 22% AHAHAHA oh this owns

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

goldboilermark posted:

i am so pumped for this year. Purdue has 21 assists on 25 field goals, hot drat

so glad we're not gonna get blasted by you this year

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
FG Made-Attempted
Virginia 29-50 (.580)
JMU 15-53 (.283)

Four freshmen played, all looked good except BJ Stith who hardly played. With this depth (11 deep after London Perrantes and Evan Nolte come off rules-violation suspensions) maybe he should have redshirted.

Interior play was good but too many fouls. Started off hitting 10 of 11.

JMU's pretty bad but I'm happy with how we looked, especially while missing two of our top 7.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How the hell does one stream SEC Network +? It sends me to ESPN, which doesn't seem to be streaming what the SEC says they are.

On the other hand it's probably a good thing I can't figure it out because I'd just end up watching Mizzou basketball.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Does CBS Sports even stream things at all?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

How the hell does one stream SEC Network +? It sends me to ESPN, which doesn't seem to be streaming what the SEC says they are.

On the other hand it's probably a good thing I can't figure it out because I'd just end up watching Mizzou basketball.

I've decided on my reason to watch any Mizzou games this year: They got a guy named Shamburger.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HOUSTON BAPTIST YOU TAKE THAT WEAK poo poo OUT OF EVANSTON

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
KU is gonna have triple-digit turnovers against UK.

But Graham is really cool.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Niang had 30 points tonight, that's a lot of points.

Overall ISU actually looked pretty bad for the first 30 minutes and didn't pull away until late. But we're missing three starters so I'll take it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou is about to lose to UMKC at home. Will we reach double digit wins? Signs point to no.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
It was ugly, but I don't care! Basketball is back! WOOOO

Illini really need to find a point guard. And some better team defense. And for Nunn's knee to get better. :pray:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It's on Watch ESPN. Unfortunately, if you're a Time Warner or DirectTV customer, you can't access it (or even stream regular SEC Network stuff) for reasons that are unknown but assuredly incredibly stupid.

I couldn't watch the Cocks tonight, but by all accounts, they looked great. Looking forward to hosting Baylor on Tuesday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--Comcast, it's supposedly available but I could never get it to work. Probably for the best really

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou is about to lose to UMKC at home. Will we reach double digit wins? Signs point to no.

Didn't watch a second because either I'm dumb or it's impossible to actually get to SECN+ here, either way it's going to be a long season/next few years.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington is winning!

Against a team that was 345th in KenPom last year and we still can't shoot 3s for poo poo, but it's a start!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hahah we're gonna lose kill me

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Elfforkusu posted:

It was ugly, but I don't care! Basketball is back! WOOOO

Illini really need to find a point guard. And some better team defense. And for Nunn's knee to get better. :pray:
Defense was find (unless you are including defensive rebounding as part of defense). The rebounding was pretty bad.

The offense is and always will be a travesty.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

The defense is so loving bad

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

Defense was find (unless you are including defensive rebounding as part of defense). The rebounding was pretty bad.

The offense is and always will be a travesty.
Rotations were horrible, except when Egwu was involved. (but that doesn't count, we expect him to be great defensively) Rebounding was bad too, but that happens when guys are out of position.

I'm a little disappointed with Hill's low post defense.

Not super worried about the offense long term, but it's going to be a rough ride until we figure out who plays a competent half-court point.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Also the morehead coach interfered with rashad over while he set up for a corner three lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
UW has never had a triple-double in its history :psyduck:

NWG has a real chance of reaching that tonight

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Pfff, you guys are bragging about your teams beating teams almost at the very bottom of last year's Kenpom ratings.

K-State just beat Southern Utah, who was in fact 351/351 in last year's Kenpom ratings. Clearly we are going to dethrone KU in the Big 12 this year.

Plus, 6-11 Stephen Hurt made a 3 pointer. We might have our very own Isaiah Austin, including those sweet basketball shades :cool:

SteelFusion
Jan 10, 2006

that cow college

Auburn beat a tourney team from last year while having a 6'7" big man and a bench held together with gauze and tape.

Oh, that "big man" is 275 pounds and went 18/17 on the night. :love: Cinmeon Bowers.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

It was real drat ugly but we won!!!!!!!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Pac-12 refs are already in mid-season form. The UCLA game has had 29 fouls called in the first half.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Texas looked great tonight. Myles Turner was fantastic and showed some real versatility. I'm pretty drat excited for this year.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Texas good, baylor good, entire big 12 will make up fimal four

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

buddhanc posted:

Texas looked great tonight. Myles Turner was fantastic and showed some real versatility. I'm pretty drat excited for this year.

Myles looked awesome and better than the dumb duke dude

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

paperchaseguy posted:

FG Made-Attempted
Virginia 29-50 (.580)
JMU 15-53 (.283)

Four freshmen played, all looked good except BJ Stith who hardly played. With this depth (11 deep after London Perrantes and Evan Nolte come off rules-violation suspensions) maybe he should have redshirted.

Interior play was good but too many fouls. Started off hitting 10 of 11.

JMU's pretty bad but I'm happy with how we looked, especially while missing two of our top 7.

I don't get why Stith didn't redshirt. He's gonna have a hard time getting in the rotation.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

So the gators have a one handed guard. Huh. Maybe I'll pay attention this year.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

Texas good, baylor good, entire big 12 will make up fimal four

I want Baylor's basketball team to sink into the coldest, darkest circle of hell.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Kentucky down 5 to buffalo at the half.
code:
ERROR: please enter valid data for "SCORE".

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
UK in first 45 seconds: 3 pointer, Slam Dunk off steal, Five second inbounding call on Buffalo

more of that please

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Go Cats

50-45

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I want Baylor's basketball team to sink into the coldest, darkest circle of hell.

Im trying to remember what we did to wvu

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

Im trying to remember what we did to wvu

That goddamn game in Las Vegas a few years ago. I was courtside for it, and I wanted to strangle the ever-living-poo poo out of Drew. And that dumbass short white kid that killed us every game.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That goddamn game in Las Vegas a few years ago. I was courtside for it, and I wanted to strangle the ever-living-poo poo out of Drew. And that dumbass short white kid that killed us every game.

Haislip? Ha ha ha ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Up at 3:55am to watch purdue, my best mate in the states has the computer facing the tv and I called him on skype and the quality is amazing. All this for IUPUI. I love college basketball :toot:

• Locked thread