Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Cocks down 30-27 to Baylor at the half. Defensively, we put together one of the best halves I've seen under Martin, but the offense isn't doing enough to back that up. As expected, Ty Johnson and Sindarius Thornwell are carrying the load, but we really need our frontcourt to start scoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Uh haha UMass hosed up an inbound pass up 2 with 0.6 seconds left and Manhattan dunked it to tie it

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
DAT DUNK :stare:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How good is Baylor supposed to be this year, would this be a big upset if SCar can pull it off or?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

This one's starting to get away from us. Just not making enough threes and Chery has finally heated up for Baylor. We're still defending them pretty well, but they're getting some tough shots to go.

e: Ah well, Cocks lose another close one to the Bears. Made a nice run near the end, but just couldn't quite get over the hump. Marcus Stroman is going to be a really, really good player for us, so I'm excited about that.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 18, 2014

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Shockers 0-16 from 3 to start the year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Something tells me that Wichita isn't making the Final Four again

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Memphis looks pretty dang horrible.

And an eternal Memphis scoring drought ends with...a goaltending call on Wichita. This game is something else.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 18, 2014

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Is Pastner in any real danger at Memphis?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I've had pick up games at the Y with better offensive flow than either one of these teams is displaying right now

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

vikingstrike posted:

Is Pastner in any real danger at Memphis?

It doesn't seem like it but it continues to be mystifying how a team with so many top 50 recruits is so, so, so, so very, very bad.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Fisticuffs posted:

It doesn't seem like it but it continues to be mystifying how a team with so many top 50 recruits is so, so, so, so very, very bad.

I watched Howland go from getting three straight mildly-overachieving teams to the final four to missing horribly on three recruiting classes in a row despite their high rankings.

Sometimes coaches just miss. A lot.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Fisticuffs posted:

Any coach worth a drat will inherit a title contender.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haven't really been paying attention to the second half, did Wichita State figure things out or is Memphis just that bad?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Memphis is really bad.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

Any coach worth a drat will inherit a title contender.

Mike Davis is still gainfully employed over ten years later thanks to inheriting a good team but I guess he has learned a bit about coaching since then. Pastner should have a team capable of earning a high seed by now. Maybe it's just misses on the recruiting trail but it's not like the offense is getting them open for good shots which they're just missing or not taking... I don't see what their offense is even theoretically designed to accomplish...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wish there was a way to get a broadcast booth of Gus Johnson, Bill Walton and Jon Gruden

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wish there was a way to get a broadcast booth of Gus Johnson, Bill Walton and Jon Gruden

This is like wishing for bleeding ears. Walton is horrendous.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Classic SDSU Halftime score. We are good at defense

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

thompson posted:

Think you misspelled hilarious

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Classic SDSU Halftime score. We are good at defense

It's giving me hope that we may steal one against you finally. We wont, but we have a top 4 WCC squad this year in my eyes. Almost took Boise State...almost.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Bill Walton loving owns and is the best part of watching Pac 12 basketball, wanna smoke a doobie with that dude

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thompson posted:

He's literally the only reason to watch college basketball on ESPN

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
State -5.5 was wonderful in that game. gently caress me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU played masterful defense on Wright the entire game. I am impressed

thompson posted:

It's giving me hope that we may steal one against you finally. We wont, but we have a top 4 WCC squad this year in my eyes. Almost took Boise State...almost.
City championship is always a good game. I think it's at our place this year, so... good luck.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

SDSU played masterful defense on Wright the entire game. I am impressed

City championship is always a good game. I think it's at our place this year, so... good luck.

Yeah it's in your neck of the woods. I'll be one of 3 USD guys there i'm sure.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fisticuffs posted:

if this is coming from an IU fan they must be REALLY bad

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There is a man named Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn. That is a man who exists.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There is a man named Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn. That is a man who exists.

Lourawls Nairn, Jr.

Jahlil Okafor is about to take a huge poo poo on Matt Costello and Gavin Schilling and it's going to suck.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lourawls Nairn, Jr.

Jahlil Okafor is about to take a huge poo poo on Matt Costello and Gavin Schilling and it's going to suck.
I'm sure the two scholarship players on MSU's roster who are over 6'6" will be able to handle him just fine.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
This little girl can loving sing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hey y'all gently caress Duke

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Benne posted: