Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I could never warm up to Agua de Horchata, I don't know why. I do love Jamaica, Tamarindo, and Limon flavored aguas though. :(

Can I still keep my Mexico Card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What about if I sprinkle some cheese in a tortilla, roll it up, and microwave it?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

What about if I sprinkle some cheese in a tortilla, roll it up, and microwave it?

ive done this with butter

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

it has to be oaxaca cheese
then you have drunk mexican student food.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Scyantific posted:

I could never warm up to Agua de Horchata, I don't know why. I do love Jamaica, Tamarindo, and Limon flavored aguas though. :(

Can I still keep my Mexico Card?

Three outta four ain't bad.

If you hate sidral though, we got problems :ese:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

houston has the best tex mex

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I need this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX37P73R7d4

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

are there hotdogs on that torta

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

are there hotdogs on that torta

yes
and eggs with chorizo
chicken
queso oaxaca, ham, and meat. one loving kilo of greasy food.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
you could feed a whole family with one torta

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tortas own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW6PZ2rZwZQ

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Do actual Mexicans eat Nachos or is that purely an American thing?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Axetrain posted:

i hope this is one of those things where nachos are honorary mexican because good nachos are amazing

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Axetrain posted:

We eat nachos, but it's not like super popular lol

I actually ate some really loving good nachos in Yucatan. It was like a whole bag, with a fuckton of cheese and on top of that half a kilo of al pastor.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Great now I just spent 30 minutes watching torta and taco stand videos.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Three outta four ain't bad.

If you hate sidral though, we got problems :ese:

Let me tell you about how my grandpa in Mexico used to work for the company that makes Sidral Mundet. :mexico:

He works as a gate guard for Barrilitos now though.

Also those tortas with ham and hot dog own so hard. Used to be my go to drunk food, along with guaraches

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fandyien posted:

so do mexicans like not drink wine or something? it just says it doesn't include beer but i feel like in america if you made a map that was wine/spirits wine would win out mostly

theres a bit of a wine scene/industry developing in baja IIRC

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Dead Precedents posted:

Not all of them have 'blow-your-rear end-out' hot poo poo in them. Stick with tacos or something.

Sweet thanks for the advice everyone who wasn't an asshat.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I went to the mexican place in my neighborhood for lunch yesterday. Enchilada, re-fried beans, rice, and a taco. Also had some chips with white cheese dip as an appetizer. :yum:

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Made some individually-prepared nachos w refried beans, grated cheddar and two slices of pickled jalapeno per chip. Oven baked for about 5 minutes--but enough about me

BOMB AS gently caress

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Has anyone made nachos with gravy on top so they fulfill being Canadian-US-Mexican NAFTA certified food.

Edit: Carne Asada fries + cheese curds and gravy would work too.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Has anyone made nachos with gravy on top so they fulfill being Canadian-US-Mexican NAFTA certified food.

Edit: Carne Asada fries + cheese curds and gravy would work too.

Gravy, that plastic orange cheese, and what do Canadians eat? beaver? Well,then,beaver.

Nachos with gravy, orange fake cheese and beaver.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

When I lived in San Antonio this place was 2 minutes away from me.

You could get a burrito the size of your goddamn face with any kind of meat (till 3AM) for 4.50.

Plus you could get a pound of barbacoa with tortillas, onions, avocado, cilantro, and lime for 10 bux even.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I would eat Taco Bell poutine.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I would eat Taco Bell poutine.

Even i have my limits

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Eating a chile relleno burrito.

Rice, chile relleno, pico, enchilada sauce. Like $5 with tax.

I love these things.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I had this little bit of heaven for lunch today - $1 Taco Tuesday at Casa La Doņa.

Those are two carnitas tacos on the left, two cochinita pibil tacos in the middle, and a birria taco on the right. (I put some salsa on the one on the left before I took the picture.) Mmmmm.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The Puppet Master posted:

You could get a burrito the size of your goddamn face with any kind of meat (till 3AM) for 4.50.

Plus you could get a pound of barbacoa with tortillas, onions, avocado, cilantro, and lime for 10 bux even.

is that a giant lime or is the burrito really just the size of a slice of lime?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I got food poisoning from the best loving chili relleno I ever had in my life. On one hand I don't want to eat them anymore because I don't think I'll ever have a better one, and on the other hand I don't think I can eat them for awhile because it will bring back memories of making GBS threads out my eyeballs for 4 days.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I got food poisoning from the best loving chili relleno I ever had in my life. On one hand I don't want to eat them anymore because I don't think I'll ever have a better one, and on the other hand I don't think I can eat them for awhile because it will bring back memories of making GBS threads out my eyeballs for 4 days.

You can make your own chiles rellenos. Although they are difficult to make :negative: it can turn in to a loving mess if you are not patient.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I have made my own before, im just in awe of that one/ gun shy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
had some al pastor tacos for lunch today

yum

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ate a cali burrito for dinner. not in any way authentic mexican.

still good as gently caress tho. gimme all da hot sauce.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Puppet Master posted:

holy poo poo when i lived in san antonio i too lived near there and went there all the time. that place has some pretty authentic poo poo. much better than Taco Taco "best tacos in america" my loving rear end

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i love to eat a taoc

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ojedas in Dallas is the best tex-mex imo

I would also like to add that new Mexican food is gross and green chili is not good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i had a really drunken quesadilla and fish taco at like 3am last night and god drat it was some mythical poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

babypolis posted:

holy poo poo when i lived in san antonio i too lived near there and went there all the time. that place has some pretty authentic poo poo. much better than Taco Taco "best tacos in america" my loving rear end

If you like Enchiladas, go to Casa Sol when your in SA sometime.

• Locked thread