Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
15 minutes till deadline, cory decides to use his vote wisely on a player no one else is voting.

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by Thingyman
Wagons of tappo/merk/Phel have been established.

You don't like it? Deal with it. It's not gonna change. If you're a villager and you're not voting within these wagons then you are actively screwing us over - wolves only have even larger power over wagons today than they did yesterday.
well named
well named
well named
well named
well named
well named
well named
well named
well named
well named

bertstare.gif

drudgesiren.gif

failhorn.wav

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by marvellosity
why are you voting someone who's not gonna get lynched?

i'm going to answer this as in-breadth and vocally as possible, which as much detail as i can possibly muster. i want you to take a deep breath, relax, and clear your mind as i educate you as to the truth of mafia, the secrets of being awesome, and how to achieve inner peace.

it might be a bit of a read, so get ready. will spoil it so it doesn't blow up everyone's page.

here it is:

i like voting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

thingyman pulling the whole 'no more switching around' noise again :(

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
10 minutes to go. Champion cory is still on the case.

quote:

THREAD

FEELS

TENSE

remember that merk_sa is probably a wolf tho

Merk is still a possibility to get lynched at this point, but cory isn't actually moving his vote.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Cory is asking all the important questions with 10 minutes left on the clock.

quote:

START TALKING PEOPLE

EVERYONE, WHO DO YOU WANT TO LYNCH TOMORROW IF WE LYNCH PHEL AND HE FLIPS VILLAGER

WHO DO YOU WANT TO LYNCH TOMORROW IF WE LYNCH TAPPO AND HE FLIPS VILLAGER

ANSWER BOTH OF THESE QUESTIONS

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

a top 7-8 player, imo,

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah i finished the race in first in the people who placed in the tens.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

N2 kill.

quote:

marvellosity, you are a Roleblocker Bodyguard. Every night, beginning night one, you may choose a player. If that player is mafia, his/hers night actions will be voided. If that player is town and is killed that night, you will die instead. You are Town and you win the game by eliminating all Mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Is this a threat from Thingyman?

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by lenC
you done goofed
nope

also, you're now my clearest villager

which is a death sentence btw, you're likely the n3 kill

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

They're all obsessed with this concept of people making it obvious they're town when they get some votes.

If that works so well how come they've lynched two town players so far?

quote:

vote well named with me, Tom

let's do this

he's either a wolf or if he's a villager he will clear himself under pressure

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Ok, here's a stupid question, but here it goes: Why did the jailer out himself after the doctor died? I realize someone made a fake peek but why out it? Why not see how it plays out and disprove the investigation if it became necessary? These guys...

This guy is now claiming he fake-claimed (to see what would happen??) and is now claiming vanilla.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It's a merk/thingyman showdown.

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by merk_sa
Also, when reading, and I don't have any quotes to post:

Is anyone else concerned that Thingyman seems incredibly confident about town reads, like he knows these players are town? I think there's a good argument for him as scum.
In fact

I think I recall you being on my back about this in Game 3 as a wolf

So what do you know

quote:

quote:

You are ignoring the many posts where I then express doubt about them (at least I have for several of them).

Also, you played with me in Game 3. Are you saying that me being very vocal about my town reads is out of the ordinary for me? Then you don't have a very good recollection of me from that game.

I remember manipulating you all throughout Game 3 to kill the wrong people and vote the wrong people. You were easy to convince and your opinions changed frequently; I'm not feeling it this game.

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by The Moocher
thingyman, how does the above post read to you?

does it sound like wolf-merk complaining that it's more difficult for him to convinve you to do what he wants in this game?
lol

the thought did occur to me, but well... Hmm. Actually, if he did feel that way as a wolf, would he want to address it? merk is very arrogant, very confident in himself and likes to be superior (I say nothing of this as an insult - I would be shocked if merk would disagree with this characterization of himself), so I feel like that would be not in tune with him to sort of be admitting defeat.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
please please please send me to the next one of these

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You should have beaten me if you wanted to go next.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

anime gently caress pillow posted:

You should have beaten me if you wanted to go next.

i actually wrote out a list of ideas of what i would do if i ended up in one of these games

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Oh Thingyman.

quote:

I feel like Arcbell should be more excited about this game and more willing to participate than he is

Like I feel if he was a villager, he would be all over this thread and wanting to dive in

Not that I'd like to vote him at this moment / today, but just throwing that out there

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by traz
super wolfy post Imo. Why does arcbell matter at all right now? He doesn't really, but a wolf would certainly make an offhand comment like this to spread confusion and make sure arc is top of mind

are you even ****ing trying at this point?

why would Arcbell not matter? It's day 1 of a 3 day weekend game day. Are you ****ting me. We have sooo many hours to discuss stuff. EVERY ****ING PERSON IS GONNA GET MENTIONED TODAY.

like is this even a real post

you have played werewolf since 2006... what in the actual ****

traz, real talk: If you're a villager, you have unbelievable blinders on me right now. Unbelievable blinders. Un-be-liev-able.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have many ideas as well. I think I would have a lot of fun, but I'm sure you would too. Maybe they'll take two of us the next time.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Thingyman wants to reassure us he's town.

quote:

quote:

are you even ****ing trying at this point?

why would Arcbell not matter? It's day 1 of a 3 day weekend game day. Are you ****ting me. We have sooo many hours to discuss stuff. EVERY ****ING PERSON IS GONNA GET MENTIONED TODAY.

like is this even a real post

you have played werewolf since 2006... what in the actual ****
btw this is a prime example of a post I don't make as a wolf

I promise that at least one person will go "such a fake reaction"

and to that I can only say lol

So does Merk.

quote:

I never post the word banana as scum, and I've posted it twice. So... no one can vote me ever now.

Wait, I was wrong, Thingyman wasnt trying to clear himself based on his own meta in a post where he specifically said he couldn't be a wolf.

quote:

quote:

I never post the word banana as scum, and I've posted it twice. So... no one can vote me ever now.
I wasn't trying to clear myself based on it.

I was preemptively taking the piss out on people who were gonna doubt the sincerity of that post. Because that's what universally happens when someone makes an outburst in any game of werewolf ever.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'll ask them to make two spots for SA next time around

and merk pointing out thingyman's scumminess makes me think merk is more probably scum. i feel like town merk would be more assertive. this feels like merk distancing after realizing exactly how awful everyone around him is.

at the very least i'm happy it was merk who noticed thingyman's 'everyone i talk to is a townie' schtick :shobon:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

3 concurrent posts from cory

quote:

Sippin on coke and rum
I'm like so what I'm drunk
It's the freakin weekend baby
I'm about to have me some fun

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by tappokone
Okay, the lead wagon became a painstakingly obvious villager in your eyes. I can buy that. However, your only posts about this development were:

:57

:58

:00

That's super subdued for you. This was an important development, right? Why didn't you post about it like you cared?
Of course I cared

But there were no stopping those wagon IMO

There are times I have the clout to make a change and there are times I don't

quote:

Tappo you are legitimately terrible if you are going to waste your time analyzing me out loud

I'm the most obvious villager in the game

Or lenC maybe

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

This entire concept makes me irrationally mad.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mills we don't care about your opinions of on coke and rum

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Look it's all the people who wield their clout to make the game revolve around themselves all in one place.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MildManeredManikin posted:

Look it's all the people who wield their clout to make the game revolve around themselves all in one place.

They're kind of a big deal in the mafia community.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Propaganda Machine posted:

They're kind of a big deal in the mafia community.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh mate. The ego of some of these players. Really enjoying these thread updates, keep them coming if you can!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

HiipFire posted:

this one's good too

cory
oh my God!! I read this out loud and couldn't stop laughing from about half way down. I guess sometimes on the highway of life you can just get lost in the meta of an internet forum party game

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Never change cory.

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by Arcbell
Cory, on day one here's what you did:

You took the votes off merk_sa and placed them on the JOAT, the only reason given being "trust in the cory". Now you want to lynch merk_sa again. You exude absolute confidence but your reads are no better than random. If you really want to win this game, it's time to take a back seat. If you don't know why Moocher claimed like he did as town, but there's an obvious explanation for why he did it as mafia, he's PROBABLY MAFIA even if your (proven to be unreliable) gut about his meta says otherwise.

On the other hand, if you're mafia, this is really good play by you. I don't expect you are, but this is god tier feigned ignorance if that's the case.
it'stimetostopposting.

quote:

Arcbell realize that you've done absolutely nothing this game and telling anyone else to "take a back seat" is hilarious

So you want to be a leader?

Step up and lead.

I was a major reason those votes were ON merk_sa; yeah, i flipped to Murska, whoops, everyone else was too busy lynching the doctor

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Merk is the best

quote:

merk said:

quote:

Originally Posted by corycurren
I was a major reason those votes were ON merk_sa; yeah, i flipped to Murska, whoops, everyone else was too busy lynching the doctor
Congratulations I guess. You were the major reason people were voting town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It keeps getting better.

quote:

quote:

Congratulations I guess. You were the major reason people were voting town.
Considering the other wagons were TommyDanger and you, you pretty much seem to be telling me you are a wolf

y/n

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by corycurren
Considering the other wagons were TommyDanger and you, you pretty much seem to be telling me you are a wolf

y/n
You said you were the major reason that people were voting me. I said that you were the major reason people were voting town. ergo, I am town.

quote:

Also, I posted banana about twelve posts ago and never post that word as scum.

This is the third time I've posted it, so I'm definitely town in this game: banana. Four times.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

DID CORY JUST GET MOD CONFIRMED TOWN????

quote:

I'm not going to reread or give you a blueprint to victory

I have a tough modifier to my role

I was informed last night I was hit, which is why we had one wolf kill

Game is too stupid for me to care about playing well

Maybe I'll change my mind later

quote:

THE MOD SAID

*** MOD NOTE ***

Question: Assuming there is a Tough Guy role in the game, would the Tough Guy be informed when his tough ability was triggered?

Answer: Yes.

Please do not discuss the identity of the player or players asking this question.

quote:

List of roles which could be in the game:
Tough guy - a player with two lives or able to dodge death ONCE in some other way

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'll give cory this. He is a charming young fellow

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by The Moocher
btw cory the wolves could have assumed you were protected by marv last night so there was no need for you to out that you were a PR before this thing happened

and it really ****ing annoys me when villa PRs play like tards because they know they don't have to bother being villagery because they can claim whenever they want and avoid the lynch, at least that's the idea anyways
i was villagery all game and i know the wolves tried to hit me; they killed a pr trying to

what are the odds they refrain from hitting me again with a BG dead and the doctor dead? pointing out does nothing but give village another chance to potentially save me but i doubt there's any more protective roles with dbmurph unclaimed

i am aware that my game is about to come to an end, i'm not going to hide that from the village

if you think i haven't been villagery this game independent of that you're the "tard" - i've done everything i can inbetween my work days and it's retarded to say i haven't "bothered being villagery"

stop being a dildo

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Merk is (possibly?) drunk posting

quote:

Wolfy

Villageryeryeryeryeryery

quote:

Crunkus. Buddy. No one. No one reads that ****.

quote:

I was doing an ISO of Thingyman and literally turned into the Joker instead halfway through.

I'm posting from Arkham. Food is ok.

quote:

Batman sux hth

quote:

Hey Crunkus. New game strategy. We have a shorter attention span than your daughter. Post accordingly.

quote:

Moocher (auto corrected to Moo her), what do you think, in your heart of hearts, about my dbmurph vote?

quote:

quote:

Moocher (auto corrected to Moo her), what do you think, in your heart of hearts, about my dbmurph vote?
i don't think i understand the question, i did not realise you had voted for him, are you asking me for my read of dbmurph or what?

quote:

dbmurph, what do you think of my dbmurph vote?

quote:

I'm asking what you think of my dbmurph vote. You can interpret that a few ways.

quote:

quote:

I'm asking what you think of my dbmurph vote. You can interpret that a few ways.
i don't think anything of it

quote:

No, I feel like that read is a cop out. Give me something better.

quote:

monstr is town. I will die on that vine.

quote:

Thingyman is probably scum but won't get lynched because he's literally spent all game making friends instead of trying to find scum.

quote:

Do you guys remember that time when Thingyman made a terrible joke about domestic abuse? POG represent.

quote:

thingyman

This is Thingyman time. If you aren't posting areas about him (or me) you're doing it wrong!

quote:

"Areas" should've been "a read." Thanks Steve jobs.

quote:

Not enough Thingyman talk. Get it in now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It happened again. The champs game has broken Merk's brain. (leaving out all the quotes from other players)

quote:

Say peek one more time, mother ****er.

quote:

I'd tell you no one cares, but I'm pretty sure you know.

quote:

lol

quote:

That's the first time, in my twenty year history of online forums, I felt a simple "lol" was enough.

quote:

Wait, guys.

We were talking about HP6? Harry. Potter. 6?!

That changes everything.

quote:

That game meant so much to me in my life, Cory. You were our Harry Potter. Mooch was, AT BEST, the nerd plant lover guy: Neville. Moocher is Neville.

quote:

DreamBigMurph, where were you when Harry Potter defeated Voldemort in HP6 mafia?

quote:

Let me think back to the time in my life when HP6 ended. I was 16, barely a man: wide eyed, eager, ready to tackle the world.

Sitting at home working through my work for school a slight pain went down my neck. I knew something incredible had just happened, but I didn't know what.

Jumping to the Internet I saw it. Cory did it. Cory took down Voldemort. Our hero lives they said. Thank you, Cory.

quote:

Moocher don't get all Crunkus on us. Watch that length.

quote:

warfy

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

No updates from me tomorrow unfortunately. I'm a bridesmaid at my friends wedding.

The wedding starts at 3pm. We start doing hair and makeup at 8am.

Don't be a girl is all I can say.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Aren't you in Sydney? Enjoy the 35 degree weather!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Even worse, the wedding is on the central coast. Forecast today is 41.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm gonna spend the day inside. Enjoy!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, I haven't had to leave yet so enjoy this whinge from Monstrman

quote:

I am getting genuinely frustrated with how much I'm being suspected because I feel liek I've been trying really god drat hard this game and it feels like one after another I have people just jumping at me throwing "you are 100% a wolf" down my throat over something as stupid as "lol jcohen died." And then saying "you haven't been wolf hunting/genuinely villagery."

It's freaking ridiculous especially considering how little I actually wolf hunt compared to how much i village hunt and I've had to post with my head on the block the entire game with little space to breathe if at all and it's really difficult to deal with, and I've also been in what feels like MAJOR contention for wolf candidate but at the same time no one seems to be trying very hard to lynch me ever since jcohen died. none of that strikes you as odd whatsoever? All that's been in the thread is soft pushes/hard stances on monstrman but I receive like two votes and then suddenly I'm not a candidate anymore? No one seems to think anything of that?

I have invested a lot of time effort and sleep loss in this game and god damnit I am not going to let the first time I am mislynched in months be the Champions game because people feel like suspecting me for reasons.

I mean Jfc does no one remember the time I was railroaded into the dirt as village vigilante and claimed serial killer? SOME TIMES I AT WOLFY AS A VILLAGER.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

quote:

a poet of our society once told me the truth about why villages lose at ww.

he looked me dead in the eyes and peeled a slice of bark from the tree of wisdom and pushed it in front of my face.

he told me,

"Too many Urkels on your team,
that's why your wins low"

So to all of the people who are floating around and/or tunneling Moocher and/or making 4,000 word posts on how our posts are bad and/or are bickering with Gamer Dude about universal tell questions and/or are still tunneling Moocher, I beg of you to think to yourself:

Am I an Urkel?

If the answer is an unfiltered yes, give me your vote for today. I will use it better than you, swearsies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Whoever wrote that is game MVP

• Locked thread