Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Seriously, who lets vapors condense on surfaces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
an easy way to make booze is to mix sugar+yeast. to distill it, you put it in a bucket inside a larger 5 gallon bucket with an immersion heater set for like ~160f. the alcohol will evaporate and condense around the sides of the larger bucket leaving the water to remain inside the smaller one. do this a couple times and you can get some high etoh %

similar setup can be used to purify water if you're on a desert island by letting get the solar energy heat up the water allowing to evaporate and condense outside of it's source

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

an easy way to make booze is to mix sugar+yeast. to distill it, you put it in a bucket inside a larger 5 gallon bucket with an immersion heater set for like ~160f. the alcohol will evaporate and condense around the sides of the larger bucket leaving the water to remain inside the smaller one. do this a couple times and you can get some high etoh %

similar setup can be used to purify water if you're on a desert island by letting get the solar energy heat up the water allowing to evaporate and condense outside of it's source

or you can spend $5 on a fifth of everclear you weirdo

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
I think Luke's Uncle Owen was a moisture farmer using condensation to get water. Sadly there was not enough water around when he needed it most.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

JD-Smith posted:

I think Luke's Uncle Owen was a moisture farmer using condensation to get water. Sadly there was not enough water around when he needed it most.

:rip:

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
i dont think you really have a choice it just happens

one of god's mmmmmmmysteries

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

DaveSplitter posted:

Seriously, who lets vapors condense on surfaces?

I usually pull my air conditioner out just before the summer and fire all that refrigerant on the condenser coils

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Xaris posted:

i liked when robert redford did that in all is lost

the water thing not the booze thing

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yes actually in industry if you want a particular part of a machine to be wet so that glue won't stick to it you can chill it and water will condense on it. It's quite useful.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Triggering thread ><

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

More like condensgaytion

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Snatch Duster posted: