Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Superbowl?
The AZ Cardinals
Cardinals
Arizona
Cards
View Results

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That Thursday night game is going to be a loving bloodbath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

davecrazy posted:

About time I start my annual bitching about late season night games.

Everyone else is about to start bitching about late season Giants night games too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Buck/Aikman are glued to the Niners for some reason which is reason enough to get 49ers season tickets.

(yes I know they haven't had Buck recently but it feels like it's always Joe Buck)

gently caress Joe Buck.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ozu posted:

The Browns released Ben Tate.

Well that escalated quickly.

The Colts are totally signing Tate, the all-Browns-castoff backfield.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Canopus250 posted:

They had the choice of extending him or Anthony Davis and chose Davis last year. The 49ers could franchise him but I doubt they have the space to resign him if they don't rework like three contracts or part ways with a different expensive vet player.

Ahmad Brooks is good as gone. The dead money on him is $4.5 million over 2015 & 2016. His cap hit both years is 9.6 million. That's gonna clear up a ton of room. Gore has a $6 mill cap hit too, if I remember right. His deal is over. That'll help.

Good thing Aldon Smith is such a fuckup so he should have a bit of a discount to him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Canopus250 posted:

Is that after the paycut he took this offseason? I know he's a likely money cut but I thought he was making a lot less than that.

I pulled the info off Spotrac.com yesterday, so that should be up to date.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Reminder that this happened the last time RG3 played the Niners

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Someone just sent me a link to the Ben & Browns picture and they got it from a subreddit called "r/nfffffffluuuuuuuuuuuu"

Is nothing loving sacred

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 19, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

The football voters at least seem more reasonable than their baseball counterparts and probably would've elected Ray Guy years ago if not for the stacked nature of ballots. I wouldn't be surprised if they expand the voting limit in a few years, especially once the first wave of 21st-century passing stat gods retire and we have to do even more context hand-wringing over who belongs.

To be fair though, the Branch Davidians were more reasonable than the BBWAA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chris Borland and JJ Watt are the defensive players of the week.

Chris Borland has 63 tackles after having seven through the first six weeks :holymoley:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RG3 hasn't finished a game victorious since Aldon Smith kicked him in the junk (which will be 2 days shy of a calendar year on Sunday). They won the Jags game but Griffin attempted 3 passes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I just winged the playoff machine and all 4 AFCN teams had 10 wins :stare:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Franks Happy Place posted:

Mario Williams is, technically speaking, The poo poo.

Well poo poo go The Motherfucking Bills.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

hmm I wonder what the final straw was that got Blount cut

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This is a man who accused Bill Simmons of being desperate for attention.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

misdirectomy posted:

This is speculation but I think Vernon Davis is broken, in the brain, probably permanently. I really don't expect him to be a productive TE again.

Show your work? He missed week 2, left early week 3 and missed week 4. All this after screwing up his conditioning by holding out. Then he stunk. I don't think it's a brain drain situation. It's far more likely he's ignoring an injury.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

Matt Schaub: the closer the game becomes to a Sure Thing, the less likely he is to win it

Is this Russell Wilson Bullshit confirmed?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jim Harbaugh may have finally stroked out:

Adam Schefter
49ers HC Jim Harbaugh to reporters asking about Vernon Davis' lack of production: "You guys are starting to sound like Perfunknik (referring to Li’l Abner character Joe Btfsplk) from Li’l Abner. The guy that walks down the street and he’s got a cloud over his head. It’s always dark and rainy over the top of him. So, you guys are like Perfunknik. We can go through the top-10 list of things that we could be doing better. Perfunknik.”

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Yeah ok..

In other news, just when you thought the Seahawks couldn't get any more dangerous, the Seahawks are going to use Richard Sherman at WR now as well. Y'all are hosed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000432110/article/seahawks-considering-using-richard-sherman-at-wr?campaign=Facebook_atn_patra

Only you would read an article that says, "the Seahawks passing offense is total poo poo" and go, "oh man this team is so dangerous!"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

blue squares posted:

Pretty sure you missed the sarcasm

Pretty sure you missed the Lord Waffle Beard shtick.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

i'd like to see richard sherman lined up at wide receiver, and i'd like to see them send him over the middle and get his head blown off

Dear Santa, I know it's not your holiday but this is all I want to see happen on Thanksgiving.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Given his statements I'm not 100% sure at this point Lord Waffle Beard isn't Richard Sherman.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Just hanging out on the field, no big deal.

I did a 5k at Levi's a couple weeks ago and it's insane how big the stadiums look from the field level.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If it helps Hyde trucked Clark on the way to his TD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm super happy one byproduct of the Niners slipping is the Seahawks have transferred their retarded Little Brother Syndrome to the Cardinals.

• Locked thread