Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Superbowl?
The AZ Cardinals
Cardinals
Arizona
Cards
View Results

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Looking forward to another SNF blowout :waycool:

Let's see... this means that in the Milwaukee market I'll get...

GB v MIN on Fox for the early game, miss the early CBS game in the double header, and be forced to watch Broncos-Dolphins.

Looks like I'll be streaming Red Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope because the Broncos lose again, but that's probably not going to be the case. As a Chiefs fan, the last couple years have really solidified them as the team that may have off weeks, and may suck at key times, but never at a time that would benefit the Chiefs.

There's just too much concentrated evil there for them to ever do anything benefiting the Chiefs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Don't make me start actively rooting against the Chargers. They're the only team in our division I can stand currently beyond the Chiefs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Nothing personal. I just have more faith in Denver winning the division, so we're battling with KC for a WC spot. Along with Miami and the entire AFC North

The AFC West is sending 3 teams. Again.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Avant to KC would be wonderful. Like having a slightly older, but pretty much the same DBowe on the opposite side. Throw DAT in the slot or on an end-around all the way to our Wildcard exit.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I have a feeling Tate ends up in the NFCS

Mary Kay Cabot says the Colts won't claim him but may sign him if clears Waivers.

This, of course, means nothing, because everything seems to indicate she's a hack.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

football fuckerman posted:

Goons love saying this, I can't possibly guess why, but Mary Kay is not a bad reporter

My entire experience with her was during the suspension renegotiation for Josh Gordon and she proved to really have no idea what was going on, IIRC.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Wonder how long till he inexplicably finds himself on the Arizona Cardinals

How long do waivers take to process?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Was today a deadline to cut people or something? Seems like a lot of big name releases happened today already.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

For starters, what the gently caress do WPA and EPA stand for?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Sounds like a couple people got turned loose with Minitab and just fed it every piece of information that ESPN collects for it's stupid "only player with 27 yards rushing in 43 minutes while also receiving 160 yards the prior week since 1945" bullshit stats.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

b0ng posted:

Seems pretty goddamned fast.

In 2.5 seconds a receiver, even untouched at the line, is only going to be like 15 yards into a straight line route with no moves or deviation from the line. I'm guessing, without having seen the game, that this means there were a bunch of fades, crossing route, and timed comebacks?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Not too long ago Phillip Rivers was comfortably ahead of everyone in both WPA and EPA :laugh:

And a ton of people were saying "How would Watt ever win MVP with Manning and Rivers performing how they are" and oh look who's still going strong?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

That's embarrassing from Ron Rivera. Every single player knew what he did was chicken/horse poo poo at the end of the game. Cam Newton flat out punted when asked on it, saying "Hey man I'm just the game manager."

What awful thing did Jason say?

Pitiful. Jason Avant is basically the nicest guy in the league and hadn't said a thing all year as they completely wasted him on post routes when they weren't calling flea flickers to jericho cotchery. Between this and Ron leaving the starters in for the Philly game, I can't imagine anyone takes him seriously anymore.

Rivera will at least be gone at season's end, and they should have enough money with some of those RB contracts up that they can get some talent around Cam. I just hope Avant sticks somewhere else. The guy is the complete opposite of locker room cancer that seems to prevalent and would be a real get for anyone, especially a team who needs a hands guy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but Jerry will just hire another defensive coordinator lifer he can get for cheap. Gotta "control the clock, establish the run, play the game the right way. Not like those assholes like Joe Namath over in the American Football Conference."

Excuse me if I'm not excited for the Perry Fewell experience.

I'm not super familiar with the coaching history, but he can't be that mired in his ways as a mid-90s expansion owner, can he?

I dunno who would even be available next year. Maybe Cam will be a Schiano man.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

See, you guys are now agreeing with a broncos fan. I hope you're happy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

So the Bills have effectively lost two days of practice, after receiving 4 ft of snow yesterday, having a driving ban in effect and are receiving another 1.5-2 ft today.

Have fun in that Jets.

I was going to post earlier this morning that I was glad that they were getting this poo poo, and not me, but as I drove in, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the opportunity to fire up my snowblower tonight as well. Nothing like that though.

Also, Ray Guy taking this long to get in is a travesty.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash the taste of praising a Raider out of my mouth.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Travis Kelce continues to be awesome and you should all be jealous.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

My employer has an office in Western New York and they're open today.

I think they can still handle it

e: Then again

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak
Bills VP Andy Major says team is looking for snow shovelers. $10/hour and game tickets. 716-636-4840.

I would do that in a heartbeat.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Papercut posted:

What if first you had to shovel yourself from your house to the stadium?

I have a snowblower. Bring it on.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

WugLyfe posted:

I hope he's just loving with people and he really sent out those tweets.

Let him turn heel and start smacking around his coach.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe he's studying his Subway commercial tapes.

RG3 is one of the few actors in commercials today who is worse than JJ Watt when he's dancing with Amy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ESPN Reporter so very stupid.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

13 year old girls posted:

why does jay gruden feel compelled to apologize for his comments about RG3 because while the Redskins are under his leadership as a whole, RG3 DOES in fact suck major rear end this year

Volkerball posted:

Tonight is going to be a lovely miserable game and no one should watch it

It's going to be awesome and I'm considering upgrading my cable package to have NFL Network so I don't have to stream it on gamepass at a minute delay.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Flikken posted:

So is there any news on Justin Blackmon? He seemed super promising before he got suspended last year.

Still suspended all year. I think he's talked to some teammates, but I don't think he's gotten any help.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

Nah she's Caucasian

the league might actually care, then

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

why couldn't they play at the Carrier Dome?

I think I heard that they're doing AAA hockey there Saturday night.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Patriots fans give a great example of free agency flow chart on ESPN today:

Early this morning:
Should the Patriots bring back RB LeGarrette Blount, who was released by the Steelers? 
40% Yes ... remember how great he was for the Patriots at the end of last season? 
60% No ... he's a locker room headache and he's redundant with the emergence of Jonas Gray.

A few hours later:
What's your take on the Patriots adding LeGarrette Blount? 
78% Great move ... no risk at all for the Patriots and this is a guy who could make an impact if called upon. Great depth signing. 
22% Bad move ... this was not necessary. I worry he could be a poison in the locker room. He did walk out on the Steelers, after all. Not a team-first guy.

These are ridiculously convoluted poll responses.

How about Yes/No and Good/Bad?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I read somewhere that there's a 30% swing in the Seahawks playoff chances based on what happens vs. Arizona (60% to make playoffs if they win, 30% otherwise) so I'm sure that situational spot is factored into the big spread

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-week-12-playoff-implications-show-the-cardinals-some-respect/

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 6m6 minutes ago
While NFL searches for a home for Bills-Jets, I'm told moving the Nov. 30 #Browns-Bills game to Cleveland would be "a last resort"

If it happens? Please play it in Detroit.

Me, and my buddies will walk in for some free NFL football and cheer on the Brownies.

Why would they move that game?

Also, someone was wondering about him earlier:

quote:

Justin Blackmon - WR - Jaguars
Suspended WR Justin Blackmon recently completed a drug-rehabilitation program.
Blackmon revealed that fact to a judge in Edmond, Ok. on Thursday, where he was pleading no contest to misdemeanor marijuana possession. The charge will be dropped to misdemeanor disorderly conduct if Blackmon "does not commit any crimes in the next six months." He's tentatively trending toward reinstatement in 2015.
Source: Florida Times Union Nov 20 - 2:29 PM

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Azhais posted:

We need more lighthearded news in here.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-nfl-player-farms-for-good/

Jason Brown, who walked away from a $37 million contract with the Rams, went to be a farmer.

Also, TIL that you get 10 tons of sweet potatoes per acre :stare:

I wasn't aware you could harvest a field of root vegetables more than once...

Like, you dig the potato up and that's it, it's harvested. Till the field, plant some beans, and wait a couple more months.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Great, I was hoping this game would be even uglier than I expected.

This is good because it means the raiders have to run the ball too.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Also he and his cohort are loving terrible shills who will do anything for more fame and attention, so of course he'll do this.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I am so loving excited for Jason Avant

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

Part of me doesn't believe this. I feel like it would have been bigger news and we'd have heard it from somewhere other than Cleveland Scene if it was legitimate. So far the only places I've seen mentioning it are either direct copy pastes or cite it as a source. It doesn't seem unlikely for something like this to happen, but it does seem like a lovely source.

What the gently caress does this have to do with anything:

quote:

Update III:

Chris Gonos, the Browns fan in the middle of it all, pleaded guilty last year in federal court to charges of "conspiracy to structure financial transactions to evade filing currency transaction reports," the Sandusky Register reported at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

he's gonna die of cancer

he's going to be just fine and he's going to re-sign with the Chiefs for super cheap next year while having an AP like comeback.

e:

except he won't beat his children to a bloody pulp

• Locked thread