Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Superbowl?
The AZ Cardinals
Cardinals
Arizona
Cards
View Results

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

wheez the roux posted:

second greatest. Lions/eagles may never be topped in our lifetimes. Shady :allears:

I was at this game and it was amazing. We couldn't see anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

axeil posted:

it was amazing. We couldn't see anything.

Yeah that tends to make most Eagles games better.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

axeil posted:

I was working during it because my supervisor was a little hitler but i watched it on dvr and it was magic

give alaska an nfl team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

axeil posted:

Wasn't the first half horribly unwatchable

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

In terms of crazy weather games, this is one of my earliest football memories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bxF8-NY_kk

You really couldn't see poo poo

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Wasn't the first half horribly unwatchable

I think you mean amazing. Sure, offense was literally impossible, but the spectacle alone was worth watching.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
For those of you not adjacent to a great lake, when cold wind blows over the relatively warm lake, it picks up moisture which gets shed as snow as soon as the warmness is no longer under it. Hench never move to Buffalo unless you are a snow blower salesman.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Call Mr. Plow, that's my name, that name again is Mr. Plow.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Elephanthead posted:

For those of you not adjacent to a great lake, when cold wind blows over the relatively warm lake, it picks up moisture which gets shed as snow as soon as the warmness is no longer under it. Hench never move to Buffalo unless you are a snow blower salesman.

I'm about 50 miles south of Lake Erie and I get about half of the snowfall Cleveland gets. Lake effect is a hell if a thing.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Bruce Arians on Seattle being favored this week: "Going up there, everybody is usually an underdog. We don't really need any more extra motivation to go play them, especially at their place. They're the world champions. We're just 9-1, we haven't done (expletive)."

MrOpus
Mar 21, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

In terms of crazy weather games, this is one of my earliest football memories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bxF8-NY_kk

You really couldn't see poo poo

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/green-bay-packers-tampa-bay-bucs-snow-bowl

This will always be my favorite snow game. 16 inches on the field by the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ebmPRu0WM&t=19s

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

give alaska an nfl team
NFL players would go crazy with boredom.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

bigmcgaffney posted:

Bruce Arians on Seattle being favored this week: "Going up there, everybody is usually an underdog. We don't really need any more extra motivation to go play them, especially at their place. They're the world champions. We're just 9-1, we haven't done (expletive)."

I will be honest I was completely surprised to see Seattle favored by a touchdown when I was making my SAS eliminator picks for this week. I have no idea how that happened unless its the HOF Drew Stanton effect

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Drew Stanton is probably a huge part of that.

bigmcgaffney posted:

I really like Arians so far. Good for the Cards.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Ramadu posted:

Seattle favored by a touchdown

brb gonna drop a Benjamin on the Cards

Like holy poo poo how can the Hawks possibly be favored at all, let alone by a TD?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Atticus Finch posted:

NFL players would go crazy with boredom.

no media to hassle them at least. if the league legalized it, it could also be a team full of Weed Guys and other cast-offs

obviously this will never, ever happen. it would be cool to see an exhibition game up there though

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Manoueverable posted:

brb gonna drop a Benjamin on the Cards

Like holy poo poo how can the Hawks possibly be favored at all, let alone by a TD?

yeah barring a career-high performance of tremendous bullshit by wilson and full-blown beast mode, we don't have a loving chance

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
We are starting Drew Stanton.

Get real guys.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah for real the cardinals have had to bullshit their way into a bunch of wins and have an awful QB situation, they are hardly some unbeatable juggernaut.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

We are starting Drew Stanton.

Get real guys.

we have a bunch of WR4s, no o-line, no run defense, and half a secondary

I could see us winning by a fg because hauschka is the man but not by a td.

also i forgot i biggest weakness: darryl loving bevell

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

MourningView posted:

Yeah for real the cardinals have had to bullshit their way into a bunch of wins and have an awful QB situation, they are hardly some unbeatable juggernaut.

Ellington is breaking down from overuse, too, so it's not like they are going to be super effective exploiting the Seahawks' biggest defensive liability. If Arizona wins it will be on the back of John Brown. Michael Floyd is the kind of WR the Hawks are great at suppressing, but guys like Brown can give them fits.

I actually think they're pretty evenly matched right now. Should be a fun game.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

I don't know about bullshitting into wins, but yeah, I'd feel much better about the rest of this season with Palmer playing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Patriots fans give a great example of free agency flow chart on ESPN today:

Early this morning:
Should the Patriots bring back RB LeGarrette Blount, who was released by the Steelers? 
40% Yes ... remember how great he was for the Patriots at the end of last season? 
60% No ... he's a locker room headache and he's redundant with the emergence of Jonas Gray.

A few hours later:
What's your take on the Patriots adding LeGarrette Blount? 
78% Great move ... no risk at all for the Patriots and this is a guy who could make an impact if called upon. Great depth signing. 
22% Bad move ... this was not necessary. I worry he could be a poison in the locker room. He did walk out on the Steelers, after all. Not a team-first guy.

These are ridiculously convoluted poll responses.

How about Yes/No and Good/Bad?

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

PsychoBilly Caddy posted:

It has been turned into an ice rink for Friday and Saturday night games. I would think it would take too long to set up for football again for Sunday?

Why change it back? Let's see some Looney Tunes football.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i wish all this snow had happened next week so i could enjoy yet another shitshow game between the bills and browns

it will still be a shitshow

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

No Butt Stuff posted:

These are ridiculously convoluted poll responses.

How about Yes/No and Good/Bad?

I vote "Patriots".

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

bills are gonna go 5-1 get ready

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Looking ahead to next week, the Thanksgiving slate of games this year is quality.

Bears-Lions, Eagles-Cowboys, Seahawks-49ers.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

MourningView posted:

I think it's more the huge amount the Seahawks are favored by that has me surprised. Even with Drew Stanton at QB the rest of the team is reasonably healthy and the Seahawks are pretty injured. It just feels off.

P.S.: We are a Juggernaut you hear me MV??? 18-1 :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

A bunch of Packers OL dudes and Clay Matthews are in the Pitch Perfect sequel.

TJ Lang getting his shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOvsEHwWcg

"Purchase Soap, you can get as dirty as you like..."

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I read somewhere that there's a 30% swing in the Seahawks playoff chances based on what happens vs. Arizona (60% to make playoffs if they win, 30% otherwise) so I'm sure that situational spot is factored into the big spread

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I read somewhere that there's a 30% swing in the Seahawks playoff chances based on what happens vs. Arizona (60% to make playoffs if they win, 30% otherwise) so I'm sure that situational spot is factored into the big spread

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-week-12-playoff-implications-show-the-cardinals-some-respect/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MourningView posted:

Thank you for being a voice of reason. I'm certainly not guaranteeing a victory for the Hawks, but all the posters pretending we aren't competitive going into every game is ridiculous. This team can still compete with anyone in the league, even if they aren't always going to be favorites.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is there any team that can't say that? Even the Raiders and Jaguars can compete, that's why teams still prepare and plan for them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

Is there any team that can't say that? Even the Raiders and Jaguars can compete, that's why teams still prepare and plan for them.

Watching a compilation of funny Oakland highlights from the season while having a pizza party is still preparation.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 6m6 minutes ago
While NFL searches for a home for Bills-Jets, I'm told moving the Nov. 30 #Browns-Bills game to Cleveland would be "a last resort"

If it happens? Please play it in Detroit.

Me, and my buddies will walk in for some free NFL football and cheer on the Brownies.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 6m6 minutes ago
While NFL searches for a home for Bills-Jets, I'm told moving the Nov. 30 #Browns-Bills game to Cleveland would be "a last resort"

If it happens? Please play it in Detroit.

Me, and my buddies will walk in for some free NFL football and cheer on the Brownies.

Why would they move that game?

Also, someone was wondering about him earlier:

quote:

Justin Blackmon - WR - Jaguars
Suspended WR Justin Blackmon recently completed a drug-rehabilitation program.
Blackmon revealed that fact to a judge in Edmond, Ok. on Thursday, where he was pleading no contest to misdemeanor marijuana possession. The charge will be dropped to misdemeanor disorderly conduct if Blackmon "does not commit any crimes in the next six months." He's tentatively trending toward reinstatement in 2015.
Source: Florida Times Union Nov 20 - 2:29 PM

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Jesus isn't Buffalo supposed to be this grizzled town that loves snow? Grow up Buffalo

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

PsychoBilly Caddy posted:

It has been turned into an ice rink for Friday and Saturday night games. I would think it would take too long to set up for football again for Sunday?

The Dome is set up for hockey all weekend- a high school game, and a SU club game on Friday night, a Fire-Police charity game, a D-3 college game, and an AHL game on Saturday. You wouldn't even be able to begin setting up for a football game until probably close to midnight. And, for the record, the Dome wouldn't be available next weekend either, due to the State High School Championships.

If the game is in Buffalo, it's gonna be Monday or Tuesday- the Bills have cancelled the last 2 days of practices, there's still travel bans all over the place, there is the not-trivial matter of actually getting the Jets into Buffalo, and, it's still loving snowing. Cuomo and the Erie County executive have both said that it is insane to even try and get a game off at 1pm Sunday. It's not gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

No Butt Stuff posted:

Why would they move that game?

Also, someone was wondering about him earlier:

Patriots will trade the 6th they got for Mallett for him and he'll stay clean forever and become an all pro

• Locked thread