Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
that corn syrup stuff. real icky I say. Would be cool without it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

I love hotdogs but look at the crusty pipes on the machines. Not that knowing most factories are a lot worse will hinder my intake of hotdogs in any way, but come on, you're making a video, you could at least clean it before recording.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

imagine if it was people that was ground up and fed to people.......... not so funny now is it...............

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like chickne and pork the best, i like those to eat those aniumals the most. then maybe a good steak, but i realyl like pork, then bacon and ham is good too, but id probably put a good steak before a ham, and maybe even chicken before the bacon but definately pork first, its my favourite for real, real talk, serious post

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pochoclo posted:

I love hotdogs but look at the crusty pipes on the machines. Not that knowing most factories are a lot worse will hinder my intake of hotdogs in any way, but come on, you're making a video, you could at least clean it before recording.

Most places are roughly like that

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

never investigate how the food you eat is made if you want to enjoy eating it

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Xaris posted:

its actually v cool and alpha how chicken nugs are made. death to all animals :twisted:

how can something so cute be so delicious

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

its actually v cool and alpha how chicken nugs are made. death to all animals :twisted:

Are the chicks being sucked down by air pressure or pulled down by the spinning blades?

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
The second one. I'm sure it hurts real bad for a quarter of a second though.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
what the gently caress does that even mean? they don't let them eat bugs and worms?

your average industrial grain fed chicken is a "vegetarian" chicken. lmao

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Torka posted:

Fois gras owns because geese are loving assholes.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Bobert Bobertson posted:

They're like mini velociraptors

Its true, whats really hilarious is when a group of them get hold of a lizard and proceed to tear and bash it apart.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Fois gras owns because geese are loving assholes.

Seriously gently caress geese. Honking poo poo machines.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The only way to get light corn syrup here in the Netherlands is through a Korean brand that only big asian supermarkets sell. I needed it for a recipe and boy was that a wild goose chase. It's an Inverted sugar syrup which in baking means glazings are shinier when used.

As far as I know corn syrup is used in everything in the States because it's cheaper than 'normal' sugar.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

imagine if it was people that was ground up and fed to people.......... not so funny now is it...............
actually that would be pretty funny

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
thats a weird thing to have a definite stance on

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Jst0rm posted:

Yeah I just hit the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_culling

They could be males of the laying breed as well. Looks quick.

I think "maceration using a high speed grinder" is my new favorite phrase.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows

Network Pesci posted:

The second one. I'm sure it hurts real bad for a quarter of a second though.

You need a functioning brain to register pain. I'm sure it all happens so fast that by the time they could realize something is happening they're already particles.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Torka posted:

that's mostly only true for a lot of name national brand processed meat where poo poo is pulped up, fed through crusty tubes, bleached/ammonian-ified, and extruded and formed in a weird meat protein shape (i.e. hot dogs, salami, chicken nuggets, some hamburger, etc).

sometimes cheese processing can be gross but ive been to a bunch they're fun and usually relatively clean.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Kumo posted:

chickens are stupid, brutal creatures

it's amusing to watch people realize that

:shepface:

Most living things are.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs

ArbitraryC posted:

I think "maceration using a high speed grinder" is my new favorite phrase.

I don't know, "cervical dislocation" is a hell of a euphemism.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm a vegetarian who has no problem with that chick grinder gif because I guarantee you they feel nothing. It sucks that they die. But unless you're gonna raise your own chickens for eggs, that poo poo's gonna happen.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Ekster posted:

The only way to get light corn syrup here in the Netherlands is through a Korean brand that only big asian supermarkets sell. I needed it for a recipe and boy was that a wild goose chase. It's an Inverted sugar syrup which in baking means glazings are shinier when used.

As far as I know corn syrup is used in everything in the States because it's cheaper than 'normal' sugar.

Its easier to use on an industrial scale.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thats loving metal

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
our only redmeat in our house is stuff that i hunt and kill myself :regd10:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jst0rm posted:

Yeah I just hit the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_culling

They could be males of the laying breed as well. Looks quick.

I had a brilliant idea involving these male chickens. I am not an engineer so someone else will have to figure out how this will work. But you would basically take off the head then take out the bones and guts. The next step would be stuff this chicken with cheese and cover it in breading. BAM you have a cheese stuffed chicken.

If you only use male chickens you could even call it Baby Cock Poppers and get the drunk/high 20 something demographic to basically eat those exclusively.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

BigBoss posted:

Its easier to use on an industrial scale.

Nah, there are huge corn subsidies since a state our presidential primaries in makes a fuckload of corn so corn is cheaper than sugar in the states.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
yeah chickens arent vegetarians. i've had cannibal chickens in the past where some of them ganged up and straight up murdered a weaker chicken and ate him alive, usually starting with his/her rear end in a top hat first, then disemboweling the victim, and eating the viscera

happily this has only happened in a handful of occasions...it's a learned behavior so if you kill all the chickens that cannibalize or view the murder the problem stops

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Applewhite posted:

They're engineering a new breed of chickens that don't have brains except for the basic neerve structures needed to run their autonomic systems. Hook a bunch of these up to feeding tubes and you've got a cruelty-free egg factory going.

hasnt this been a thing that gullible people believed in for the last 20 years or so

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I can't stop looking at that God drat gif

TontoCorazon fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 22, 2014

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

We should be eating bugs and crickets

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

toggle posted:

yeah absolutely true but wow, gross no thanks

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
High amounts of protein in hens diet makes them make more eggs, so you increase production feeding them meat.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

toggle posted:

Cut out the middle man bird.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I really want to contribute to bird death but industrial farming is too humane. Any ideas?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Isaac posted:

High amounts of protein in hens diet makes them make more eggs, so you increase production feeding them meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnBlst3T7bY

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Business Gorillas posted:

I really want to contribute to bird death but industrial farming is too humane. Any ideas?

Solar panels.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

would some pretty dank cheese herb spread go well on a toasted bagel??

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parallax Scroll posted:

thats loving metal

The male chicks are useless for producing eggs, so they cull them immediately after hatching and turn them into fertilizer (not nuggets). Nuggets come from putting a bunch of carcasses that have already had most of the meat cuts removed into a massive centrifugal processor that separates what's left over from the bones. That's why lovely chicken has the consistency of a sponge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tbf veganism is morally correct but it is so fuckin far down on the current list of things that need to be addressed

hell, veganism needs to come after we make it a socially accepted idea that we need to limit population, so it's absolutely not happening before we kill ourselves with nuclear weapons

• Locked thread