Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
I'm supposed to be working at a gas station this week and I love drinking and I'm afraid the other 30 year old employees will make fun of my social anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
If it makes you feel better I'm envious that you work at a real job for actual cash dollars!

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

bonvivant posted:

I'm supposed to be working at a gas station this week and I love drinking and I'm afraid the other 30 year old employees will make fun of my social anxiety.

When you become an adult you realize that social interaction is completely useless.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I live off public funds to study land lease contracts of people who died 1,000 years ago, I mean I literally cannot justify my own existence even to myself haha

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
some people even work two jobs at once, but I doubt that many of them work at two different gas stations at once.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Apthous posted:

When you become an adult you realize that social interaction is completely useless.

help

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

bonvivant posted:

Aside from the whole "working at a gas station" thing, I'm not exactly sure what the problem is.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I worked at an amazon packing plant to buy my spouse a gift lol temporarily

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I actually couldn't figure out for a moment whether I'd made this thread or not.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

bonvivant posted:

“I cured myself of shyness when it finally occurred to me that people didn't think about me half as much as I gave them credit for. The truth was, nobody gave a drat." --Lucille Ball

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

bonvivant posted:

I worked at an amazon packing plant to buy my spouse a gift lol temporarily

Like, in addition to your regular job, or you just worked long enough to buy her that gift and then went back to being completely useless?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

bonvivant posted:

anti-depressants like its loving m&m op, pop em till you cant feel

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

A gas station (fuel station, it's a liquid you pesky americans) neighbours my work, the lady behind the counter is an uber bitch. Every time I go in to buy a sausage roll she loving rolls her eyes and acts like I'm an annoyance, idgi. Bitch just get me the drat sausage roll and take my money it isn't hard holy poo poo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dongattack posted:

anti-depressants like its loving m&m op, pop em till you cant feel
unironically this, gets the job done without having to worry about putting effort into actually improving your sad brain

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

mysterious loyall Y posted:

unironically this, gets the job done without having to worry about putting effort into actually improving your sad brain

dont pop em like its m&m tho, doctor will prescribe dosis

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Just remember that in the scheme of things, nothing matters at all. Hell, our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions, so buck up, buddy, and have another drink.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

krampster2 posted:

A gas station (fuel station, it's a liquid you pesky americans) neighbours my work, the lady behind the counter is an uber bitch. Every time I go in to buy a sausage roll she loving rolls her eyes and acts like I'm an annoyance, idgi. Bitch just get me the drat sausage roll and take my money it isn't hard holy poo poo.

actually auto fuel can only be ignited when it's in a gaseous state hth

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

bonvivant posted:

show up drunk enough that you're not anxious anymore. gently caress the answer is right in the post

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
I used to work at a gas station and literally everyone except for the 65+ year old overnight lifer, from the manager on down, was a functioning alcoholic

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Crow_Rodeo posted:

auto fuel can only be ignited when it's in a gaseous state

I don't think in what state it ignites is what defines it.

E: Then again I know bugger all about chemistry and could be wrong.

krampster2 fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 19, 2014

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not a chemist either but gasoline never enters a gaseous state, it always remains heavier than air..fuel injectors spray it as a finely controlled mist and mix it with a finely controlled amount of air before it's all ignited together. It can be ignited in whatever form you want, that just wouldn't be effective at powering an engine.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Harime Nui posted:

I live off public funds to study land lease contracts of people who died 1,000 years ago, I mean I literally cannot justify my own existence even to myself haha

History is cool. You're cool (except the anime part).

Apthous posted:

Don't take advice from this guy, he's an edgy-as-gently caress dumbass who thinks the Beatles are poo poo.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

RAGE HOLE posted:

“I cured myself of shyness when it finally occurred to me that people didn't think about me half as much as I gave them credit for. The truth was, nobody gave a drat." --Lucille Ball

I think this thought simplifies chronic social anxiety and is incredibly patronizing. As if people with social anxiety are unaware of how they perceive others and are unable to estimate how others perceive them by simple extrapolation.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i guess outside of america you aren't allowed to abbreviate things

GASoline

see, it is in the name

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Apthous posted:

that would explain so much about you

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

bonvivant posted:

just find one thing you can relate to a coworker about and bam you got something to talk about until both of you get sick of it and never talk to each other unless it's work related.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
congrats and goon bless

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
you could also just huff some gas to calm your nerves.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
i bet you get all the fountain soda you can drink, lucky bastard

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXXMqN7XyWo&t=64s

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

just find one thing you can relate to a coworker about and bam you got something to talk about until both of you get sick of it and never talk to each other unless it's work related.

this is really hard at my work. like 3/4 of them are old fogeys or young people with kids so the topics i'm well versed in, video games and masturbation, don't tend to go over well. ironically, most of the few people who those topics do go over well with, are people that you don't want to talk to because they are insufferable (like, people who will recap an entire bizzaro bullshit anime series in great detail unprovoked). i like english second language immigrants, you can talk about anything/stare off into space and they are just grateful that somebody is talking/sitting with them. other people you have to talk about sports or their kids to hold their attention.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

this is really hard at my work. like 3/4 of them are old fogeys or young people with kids so the topics i'm well versed in, video games and masturbation, don't tend to go over well. ironically, most of the few people who those topics do go over well with, are people that you don't want to talk to because they are insufferable (like, people who will recap an entire bizzaro bullshit anime series in great detail unprovoked). i like english second language immigrants, you can talk about anything/stare off into space and they are just grateful that somebody is talking/sitting with them. other people you have to talk about sports or their kids to hold their attention.

read the news headlines on drudge and huffington every day and you can let other people do most of the talking and pretend to be interested.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

"I'm a huge weird dumas"
-- The OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

read the news headlines on drudge and huffington every day and you can let other people do most of the talking and pretend to be interested.

lol, i don't care that much. politics aren't really that hot at my work anyway. a little talk about guns and why they are the greatest and gun control is the worst and how obama is a coward, but it doesn't get too political. sports is the real goldmine. people follow pro football like it's a second job. i don't wish to do the same just to make conversation.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
OP post situations that you've been in so we can help and remember there is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, OP, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

lol, i don't care that much. politics aren't really that hot at my work anyway. a little talk about guns and why they are the greatest and how obama is a coward, but it doesn't get too political. sports is the real goldmine. people follow pro football like it's a second job. i don't wish to do the same just to make conversation.

you must be a democrat since it seems your goal is to make yourself as unhappy as possible in all instances.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

you must be a democrat since it seems your goal is to make yourself as unhappy as possible in all instances.

i'm a libertarian, i only vote green party.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

most people love to talk their rear end off abut dumb bullshit just listen to them and pay them attention and they will like you

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if you really didnt know how to tlive correctly, you wouldnt be posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Shitposting is life, life is shitposting

• Locked thread