Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was destitute. He had originally gained all of his money thanks to a magical trident, but now he’d made the mistake of looking at the trident and all of its magic disappeared. The entire family fell into poverty. There were time-lapse shots of the mansion becoming increasingly dirt-covered and water-damaged. Finally they determined that the only option was to enter into a suicide pact. Will, his uncle, that spoiled chick, maybe Carlton, and this Russian guy I know buried themselves alive with their most valuable possessions in velvet coffins in a public park. They stayed there for several days until the bodies were discovered by Al Bundy’s policewoman girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Basically the plot of Interstellar, except when they got to the icy planet at the end they found a colony of humans who had been living there for millennia and had no knowledge of Earth or its history. One woman on the ship (not the one in the movie, but a new character) was tasked with explaining Earth to them and getting them to come aboard to be rescued, but she accidentally went into too much detail about slavery while reading her prepared statement, and their (black) leader got angry and refused to go with her. Later he built a group of black robot supermen, sabotaged everyone else on the planet, and took over the ship. He went back to Earth and had the robots overthrow society and breed to create a world where only black people ruled, as retribution for slavery. Parts of the movie that were originally hard to hear had been dubbed over by Barack Obama.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Linda from Bob's Burgers was looking after a stray cat she named Nacho. The cat ejaculated cheese, which Linda collected and used in her recipe for “cheesecake,” two halves of a regular cake with a ton of gooey orange cheese layered between them. Tina was a sexual predator and gave birth to a deformed child who was missing the bones from the front upper half of his torso, so that you could see the outlines of his heart, stomach, etc., pulsating under his skin.

WRT lucid dreaming, I've been attempting it and keeping a dream journal for nearly three years now. It's made my dream proxy more self-aware, but on most nights it just means they realize they can use a "save state" sort of mechanic to revisit earlier parts of the dream and change it to better suit them. So I get treated to the same story being told three or four times with slight variations and retcons, while I still have no actual input on what happens. Sometimes they try to take full control but it almost always results in dreaming that I/they've woken up and the dream becoming a mess of Inception bullshit. :rolleye:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Sometime around the weekend I had a dream that ended with me repeating "Werner Herzog" over and over again. Now the name's been stuck in my head for days and I don't know what to do with it. I watched that video of him being shot with a pellet gun a few weeks ago but aside from that, never even heard of the dude.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The next season of Game of Thrones is going to start with Jaime Lannister being shrunk to a tiny size, de-aged, and captured in a bottle like a genie by a power-hungry wizard, and Robb Stark's older brother will change the uniform of Winterfell's army to a purple spandex bodysuit with a billowing red cape, causing dissent among the ranks.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

David Tennant was some kind of mermaid who lived under a rock and kidnapped children, I think.

acejackson42 posted:

Fall asleep and I wake up in the bubble area and the presence tells me each of these bubbles are a reality. The clusters are people who have found themselves and can create their own reality. Each reality is a bubble and the clusters of bubbles - some are massive - are people who are in control of their reality completely and can drop in and out at will. A new bubble is formed each time. The key to control is to never, ever think about reality... and I snap awake and again.

Looks like someone almost achieved CHIM!

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

ColonelKlink posted:

Edit: I can't read anything in my dreams, it's all gibberish. Which I learned is normal from that one episode of Batman: The Animated Series.

I'd always heard it was impossible to read inside of a dream, but I've had several instances where I was able to "read" in real time: the inscription of a statue in a park, a pamphlet from Cochrane from Star Trek that laid out how aliens or future people recorded dates (though that may have just been numbers and symbols, no letters), and the username of an old online friend. In the last case I was even able to figure out that it was a dream because it kept changing to different, but clearly readable things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

Probably because in a non-lucid dream you aren't actually reading the text, the brain is telling you what it says. When it becomes lucid it becomes clear that the brain can't write meaningful text when working with just the unconscious, automated parts. I guess.

That's been my experience. Most of the time I'm not actually reading, just having my brain fill in for me that "this is a piece of paper that says X." The three instances I mentioned stood out because they involved actual characters being displayed that I was then able to parse normally.

• Locked thread