Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Parasol Prophet posted:

Also, I have a question! Does anyone else sometimes have dreams where you're not actually in them, but... I guess it's sort of like watching a movie? I'm having more and more of those lately, it's pretty interesting actually. Sometimes I wind up taking the place of one of the characters, sometimes I just root for the 'protagonist' and then get disappointed when I wake up before finding out how it ends.

Most of my dreams that I can remember are like that, especially the part about taking the place of one of the characters. Sometimes it doesn't feel like playing a role; as long as the dream lasts, it's like I am another person with a different body and different memories.

1) There was a murderer in my house. I stood in his way and let him stab me so that my sister would have a chance to escape. I don't have a sister.

2) I was a camera man for The Crocodile Hunter, and then I was Steve Irwin. I was walking across the Outback with Terry and the production crew and we came across this old silver-bullet trailer with the door hanging open. There was a woman sitting against the wall inside, alive and alert despite the fact that a big chunk of her head was missing. I went in to see if I could help her, although I didn't know where to start. That's when the vomiting began. The injured woman horked up gallons and gallons of undigested noodles and chicken cacciatore, including the chicken bones. She just would not stop vomiting. There was more of it on the floor than she could possibly have had inside her. Some of it got into her head wound. The camera guys had run away, Terry was screaming at me to MAKE IT STOP and still the vomit kept on coming.

3) I was four people at once. We were not well-rounded characters, we stayed within sight of each other and we didn't really say or do anything, but I was seeing and thinking and feeling from four completely different perspectives at the same time. The four perspectives merged into one (which still wasn't me) before I woke up.

Then there was the time I fell asleep on the couch and dreamed that I woke up covered in live guinea pigs. I didn't question it; it was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread