Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
One time I half-woke up in the middle of the night, urgently nudged my boyfriend awake and tried to tell him something. In my mind it was something silly like the dream I'd just had (I can't remember for sure), but for some reason all that would come out of my mouth was "You have to go to the tree that's an M."

He looked at me strangely and I knew that I'd said it wrong, so I tried to correct myself, but it still came out as "You have to go to the M-tree. It's at your work.... I mean... the tree..."

He asked if I was okay. I got frustrated and kept trying to fix my words. "No, I mean the M, it's in the courtyard at your work. You know." This all still sounded like the right information in my mind; I just couldn't get the words I wanted. "Wait, the tree, you've.. gently caress... I don't know what-- Never mind." At this point I woke up enough to realize it wasn't going to work and just tried to reassure him I was fine, then rolled over and went back to sleep still wondering why my mouth didn't work. In the morning I had to ask him if I actually woke up and rambled at him, or if I just dreamed it.

Apparently I talk in my sleep all the time and it freaks him out, but that's the only instance I can personally remember. I dunno if it counts as a dream, but it kind of felt like one at the time. v :shobon: v

Also, I have a question! Does anyone else sometimes have dreams where you're not actually in them, but... I guess it's sort of like watching a movie? I'm having more and more of those lately, it's pretty interesting actually. Sometimes I wind up taking the place of one of the characters, sometimes I just root for the 'protagonist' and then get disappointed when I wake up before finding out how it ends.

I could talk about dreams forever :allears:

fleshy echidna posted:

I once had a sick-rear end nightmare that occurred a couple of days after reading Kill Six Billion Demons. Basically I've lucid dreamed a few times in my life and when I realized that a serial killer or some other poo poo was trying to invade my dream I was pissed off and turned into a Astral-King/Lord of my dreams and rendered the creature into non-existence. And to the guy who asked about lucid dreaming, I've experienced it as a sort of coaxing or bending a dream to my will through thought after realizing that I am currently in a dream.

I've never used lucid dreaming to fight back before (dream serial killers are the worst), but I have willed myself awake from a nightmare... which then picked up right where it left off when I fell back asleep, forcing me to do it again. That was weird. The few times I tried to actually change anything, dream-me just flew off into the sky and I woke up. I've heard it takes practice to stop doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Terry Crews was the President and he was striding around the Oval Office with a big rotary telephone trying to get through to ISIS. His aides were flapping around him trying to explain the nuances of international politics but he was determined to talk to them and smooth things out.

Was it going well?

• Locked thread