Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
(There was a thread for this in GBS, but I think there should be a proper one.)

Well, let's be honest: this thread is here cos I had a cool, kinda weird dream last night that I want to tell someone about. But then I was like, "Oh hey, maybe other people have dreams they feel like they need to tell people about, too (cos humans are kinda weird like that)." And I figure people who want to talk about their dreams might also want to read others'.

So here's the thread! I don't know what the rules should be, so I guess when things come up, I'll add some more. But here's a couple to start off:

RULES:
• Try to be as succinct as possible when describing your dream.
• Don't psychoanalyse. We're not trying to find deeper meanings here - this is all in the name of weirdness and fun.

Okay, I'll start off:

Last night I dreamt I was at a party with my ex who was played by Daniel Radcliffe but he also looked like my actual ex, even though they look nothing alike cos that's dream logic. While we were at the party, we both somehow got poisoned/infected with a fatal disease, which meant we both had to be quarantined but in the same apartment where the party was held. We were the only two stuck in there, and the apartment intercom near the front door was the only form of communication we had to the outside world. So I would try and talk to doctors about helping my ex out, who was vomitting white poo poo and all-round dying quicker than me, and in the meantime, we quickly bonded again and became at least good friends. Then suddenly while we were joking around, he collapsed and started convulsing and spitting out more chunky white fluid, and he was obviously about to kick it. So I'm about to run to the intercom, but all drama movie like, he asks me to stay with him in his last moments, and so I watch him as he dies, which involved him regressing through ages Benjamin Button-style but over the span of a minute or so before losing all consciousness. And that's when I woke up.

So what did you dream about last night? Or what's a memorable dream you've had?

bubblelubble has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Nov 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

Malaleb posted:

Scariest/saddest part of the dream was looking over at my wife (also a ghost) and seeing her face become blurry and realizing that if we didn't stay close together and we would fade away from each other.
This concept is pretty cool for a dream, as if ripped from the pages of a lovely romantic-drama novel.

I once dreamt I was being chased/running away through a Parisian mall at night, so all the lights were on and all yellowy and bright. And though I was wearing skates for some reason, I was also wearing a white, flowy dress. I'd say think stereotypical perfume ad or something. Oh yeah, it was happening in slow-motion too. But yeah, I've had that dream a couple of times now.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
My dream last night was set at a major awards show that was, for some reason, being held in our nonexistent neighbourhood amphitheatre, which was tiny obviously, so there were couches set up towards the front that just anyone could sit in, while the celebs were forced to sit in uncomfortable plastic seats in the back. And I don't remember much but the few things I do remember are 1) some of my primary school classmates were performing, 2) I met Amy Poehler who wouldn't hug me or shake my hand despite my enthusiasm because she mentions in her book that she doesn't like physical contact - though, having actually read her book, I can't remember if that fact is real or not - and 3) I was kidnapped during the show while I was having some fresh air outside, and then somehow I was falsely arrested and found guilty of a murder or something that happened near where I was being held right at the exact same time I was missing from the amphitheatre.

Bummed I don't even remember what was happening when I woke up.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

Internet Kraken posted:

Question for the rest of you guys; do you ever have lucid dreams? I've heard of these but never experienced one myself and I wonder what they are like.

I don't think this counts as lucid dreaming, but I know I've definitely been able to control what I say in dreams. E.g if someone I haven't seen in a while appears in the dream, I'll say something like "Oh hey haven't seen you for ages?!" as if I'm just having a regular conversation etc. etc. It doesn't happen for every dream though.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Last night, one of my best friends appeared in my dream and she had a penis and we tried to have sex.

I am a straight woman. I have never seen her in a sexual way. She doesn't have a penis. What the gently caress.

• Locked thread