Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I think 62 degrees is fine but people in the northwest think that it 'feels' colder because they have humidity. Also I like it cold so gently caress off and it never snows in this shithole and I like snow. Also there are no thunderstorms here ever so the pacific northwest sucks dick.

What do you think is a normal temperature to set the thermostat to where you live during winter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
AUAUAUAUUAUAUGUGUGUGUGUHGGHGHHGHGHGHG

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
74 because saving ten bucks on my gas bill ain't worth the discomfort

62 wtf?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
MAX

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I just leave it at 50 or so. If you are uncomfortable, try out wearing clothing.

Edit: I don't think that temps in the 70s are unreasonable, but staying at the lower end makes more sense. People who prefer cooler temperatures generally can't get away with walking around naked in the company of others, while people who prefer warmer temperatures can put on something with long sleeves.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 20, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can be perfectly comfortable around 60 or even lower if I have decent layers in my wardrobe, but if I have a choice I'll go around 70-72.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Are you people crazy? I would be freezing my rear end off at night if it was in the 60s. I keep it at 74.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
65-68 acceptable range

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I keep mine high enough that i can always be naked

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
16-18

hectik
Dec 20, 2009

Haverchuck posted:

65-68 acceptable range

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

would be sweating my balls off at 74. get a metabolism.

Haverchuck posted:

65-68 acceptable range

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
What kind of clothes are you wearing if the thermostat is set in the 70's? Tommy Bahama shirts? It's winter - put on a loving sweater. It is supposed to be cold.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Mine is set at 68 right now OP.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

63 when no one is home

65 when home

BarristaSelmy
Oct 10, 2012
68-70 is good. I turn it up to 74 when I'm getting ready for work, but that's a bit too warm otherwise.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

5° C to keep the water pipes from freezing.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

Molentik posted:

5° C to keep the water pipes from freezing.

You must have alpaca socks or something

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
lol at all these cold rear end temps. goons must have a lot of natural "insulation" lmao

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

lol at all these cold rear end temps. goons must have a lot of natural "insulation" lmao

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
house at 50
computer room with space heater at max power

wear shorts/short sleeves while on the computer pretend its summer and the rest of the house has an AC on super high

problem?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Oven on 420

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

mystery solved

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Apthous posted:

Oven on 420

Everything is burned and cold in the middle but drat do I have a good laugh.

62 when no one's home, 64 when someone is, brief scheduled climb to 66 an hour before I have to get out of bed, otherwise I'll never move.

Stop paying for hot air and buy a drat blanket.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Seriously OP if you are not in a small room using a computer with a space heater on high enough to make it feel like mid july during the winter then you are a loving useless human being. Opposite during the summer.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
68 when its above freezing outside. 64 When its not.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
It is 30 degrees outside, last night it was 22 degrees and I'm sitting here in this room in t-shirt and gym shorts literally sweating my rear end off because the room is so small and I have a space heater on high. gently caress you nature.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Are you people crazy? I would be freezing my rear end off at night if it was in the 60s. I keep it at 74.

74? hahaha look at this pussy bitch. are you 85 years old?

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
You people's inability to control your room temperature proves that you are plebian scum that do tasks that do not require any serious mental concentration because all of your energy is being used to ignore the fact that you are freezing during the winter and burning up during the summer.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
like 18

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol if you have to use heat. put on a fuckin sweater you fag.

Florida lyfe best lyfe.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
35 Celcius, so it feels like a mild summer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!
as cold as your gf will let you

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
I like mine at a solid 20-22 degrees Celsius in winter and 16-18 in the summer

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I like my thermostat at a solid 90 degrees, just like my right triangles

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
My thermostat is set to 360 so I can be both warm and cook meals without any effort.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp
My thermostat is set to 'harden the gently caress up, princess' degrees Celsius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Haverchuck posted:

65-68 acceptable range

Although I turn it down to 63 at night so I can snuggle under the heavy blankets. :3:

• Locked thread