Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Nonsense posted:

Even if he's correct in working class whites being totally forever alienated from the Democrats, they continue to shrink as they cease adding to the vote pool. They're working class, anybody of that stripe hardly votes.

Dude. You love saying that. Let me ask you this, without googling, how much of the typical presidential electorate (the ones that vote, since only their votes count) is made up of white suburbanites? If your scenario ('working class whites totally forever alienated from the Democrats') comes to fruition, the Democrats will be out of power for a very very long time, and in such a way that they wouldn't have anything to offer their base except lots of pissing and moaning about being powerless. Don't get me wrong, that would be just fine by me, but it is rather grating to hear you repeat over and over again that white voters are an insignificant part of the electorate, or shrinking so fast as to be irrelevant to winning the presidency. It's dumb and you should stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Maybe in the Southwest. There are still plenty of seats everywhere else where any policy position more subtle than a hood and a burning cross is perfectly electable.

I mean for the Presidency, which is the only thing that matters when it comes to if this program continues.

Pauline Kael posted:

Dude. You love saying that. Let me ask you this, without googling, how much of the typical presidential electorate (the ones that vote, since only their votes count) is made up of white suburbanites? If your scenario ('working class whites totally forever alienated from the Democrats') comes to fruition, the Democrats will be out of power for a very very long time, and in such a way that they wouldn't have anything to offer their base except lots of pissing and moaning about being powerless. Don't get me wrong, that would be just fine by me, but it is rather grating to hear you repeat over and over again that white voters are an insignificant part of the electorate, or shrinking so fast as to be irrelevant to winning the presidency. It's dumb and you should stop

The white suburbanites who are like you already vote Republican. The ones who vote Democratic don't have the same disdain for immigrants and won't suddenly start voting Republican out of racial solidarity.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pauline Kael posted:

Hey, why are you only answering the post that's not directly in response to you? Are you afraid?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pauline Kael posted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-census-report/

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Phyllis Schlafly has weighed in.

quote:

President Obama’s looming executive action on immigration reform represents a Fort Sumter-type moment, according to conservative icon Phyllis Schlafly.

Schlafly at first considered comparing the Obama amnesty to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor but decided that Obama’s plan is much more subtle.

“With Pearl Harbor, the American people knew what was happening,” she said.

But Fort Sumter, where the opening shots of the Civil War were fired, represented the beginning of a ruinous conflict, and Schlafly, like fellow conservative luminary Richard Viguerie, speculates that an executive amnesty might touch off a sort of modern-day conflagration.

Can't find the original Fort Sumter quote though.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

http://www.joelkotkin.com/content/001006-progressives-war-suburbia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So Obama is the secessionist South?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

evilweasel posted:

I mean for the Presidency, which is the only thing that matters when it comes to if this program continues.

The white suburbanites who are like you already vote Republican. The ones who vote Democratic don't have the same disdain for immigrants and won't suddenly start voting Republican out of racial solidarity.

So you agree with Nonsense then that the Democrats can/should effectively cede the white suburban / white working class votes to Republicans. I'm glad to hear it, and hope that the rest of your party feels exactly the same way.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pauline Kael posted:

So you agree with Nonsense then that the Democrats can/should effectively cede the white suburban / white working class votes to Republicans. I'm glad to hear it, and hope that the rest of your party feels exactly the same way.

What he's saying is that that's already happened.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pauline Kael posted:

This happened in the 80s with Reagan.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

You're an unmedicated paranoid. That's really all that needs to be said.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Let's see what else he goes on about : Oh, war on coal, there's a good one. Lots of talking about the 'Liberal Elite'. Very healthy opinion.

Nope, don't see how he is valid in any way over statistics. I get the feeling he REALLY hates California.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 20, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Tread carefully, Obama, for this is a dangerous path. If you continue down it, you may lose the white vote... forever!

lmao I applaud Joel Kotkin for resisting the impulse to mention Agenda 21 in this otherwise hilariously ignorant article. Good show old chap.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

CommieGIR posted:

Let's see what else he goes on about : Oh, war on coal, there's a good one. Lots of talking about the 'Liberal Elite'. Very healthy opinion.

Nope, don't see how he is valid in any way over statistics.

Check out his article on California's "green gentry" :laffo:

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

Nope, don't see how he is valid in any way over statistics.

Lots of census stats in there, suburbs are growing, much faster than cities, much to the chagrin of the left. Suburbs vote Republican. Math isn't hard here, it just doesn't say what you guys want it to.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
This bodes poorly for Obama's reelection chances.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pauline Kael posted:

Lots of census stats in there, suburbs are growing, much faster than cities, much to the chagrin of the left. Suburbs vote Republican. Math isn't hard here, it just doesn't say what you guys want it to.

:allears: Then its no surprise that you are the only one who somehow finds him valid to this discussion. Bravo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pauline Kael posted:

The Democrats have conceded the white nativist vote that resembles you some time ago. The Democrats haven't won the "white vote" in some time. That said, there's a large contingent of liberal suburban whites who have joined with minorities in an alliance to oppress you.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pauline Kael posted:

Okay, whatever, you're just parroting what people said about how demographics would guarantee a permanent Democratic majority, very funny.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Montgomery County PA

:iiam:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Effectronica posted:

Okay, whatever, you're just parroting what people said about how demographics would guarantee a permanent Democratic majority, very funny.

:qq: "He says what I want to hear..."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pauline Kael posted:

The essential premise of the article is:

1) Progressives like totally hate suburbs
2) But suburbs are growing!
3) Suburbs will universally reject the progressive agenda
4) Progressives are therefore doomed

This is how a crazy person thinks.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Pauline Kael posted:

Are you real? You can stop now, people get it. It's going to be okay.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Popular Thug Drink posted:

The essential premise of the article is:

1) Progressives like totally hate suburbs
2) But suburbs are growing!
3) Suburbs will universally reject the progressive agenda
4) Progressives are therefore doomed

This is how a crazy person thinks.

They way he writes it, he is suggesting the Suburbs will slowly integrate into the 'Blue Collar' red voters in the country. I don't know how else he fails to explain how most suburbs/urban tend to be blue, versus the distant suburbs that are really more open country and sparsely populated to begin with.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Senf posted:

Are you real? You can stop now, people get it. It's going to be okay.

When a person with half a brain gets half an opinion it's easy to believe you've got a complete thought.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Phyllis Schlafly has weighed in.

Can't find the original Fort Sumter quote though.

She wants a civil war I say bring it. Maybe she can go like Edmund Ruffian.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Crowsbeak posted:

She wants a civil war I say bring it. Maybe she can go like Edmund Ruffian.

Ruffin. I still cannot believe his Plantation became a historic site.

But no, the blood spilled would just fuel her and she would grow younger by the day as she bathed in the blood of the innocent.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

CommieGIR posted:

Ruffin. I still cannot believe his Plantation became a historic site.

But no, the blood spilled would just fuel her and she would grow younger by the day as she bathed in the blood of the innocent.

Nah, she'd never bathe in non-white people's blood.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Civil War 2's destruction will consist of several hundred dollars in smashed government building windows but no casualties

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

mdemone posted:

So are we going to see Hillary traipsing around next week saying "how 'bout that Obama, huh? What a swell thing for a guy to do!"

If I were her, I'd be going to a watch party in San Antonio tonight.
Since I live in San Antonio, this is basically a chance for me to point and laugh at a bunch of people who apparently think that my everyday life is a scary post-apocalyptic hellscape where I'm constantly terrified of everything. The idea that a white guy can live just fine in a majority-minority neighborhood in a 63% Hispanic city is apparently alien to them.:v:

evilweasel posted:

The Democrats have conceded the white nativist vote that resembles you some time ago. The Democrats haven't won the "white vote" in some time. That said, there's a large contingent of liberal suburban whites who have joined with minorities in an alliance to oppress you.
And I'm happy to be one of them.:toot:

Sidenote: My official stance on immigration is "amnesty for all, and open the border to everyone". I'm completely serious; the US is a nation of immigrants, it's what makes us great. So yeah, this executive order is good, but doesn't go far enough.:twisted:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 20, 2014

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
drat

quote:

Early leak of a White House Press Release on Obama's announcement for Executive Action.

Ideally we would have respected an embargo, but after 2 million deportations the President has lost a tad bit of respect from our organization. We don't care to play on their terms. . .

Early leak of a White House Press Release on Obama's announcement for Executive Action

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Note that like 85% of these "deportations" are just turning people back at the border.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
So... Obama does something you've been agitating for and you thank him by making his life difficult?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

hahahahahahaha holy poo poo, how can anyone take this guy seriously? At least the other crazies have cogent arguments that only work in galt's gulch, but he's honestly arguing that blacks and hispanics are getting fed up with democrats in california.

code:
CATEGORY	TOTAL	BROWN	KASHKARI
White		59%	54%	46%
Black		8%	89%	11%
Hispanic 	18%	73%	27%
Asian		11%	-	-	
Other		3%	-	-
Sweet Jesus though. For people who don't know, the California Gubernatorial Election was a fait accompli from the start. People love Jerry Brown and his only opponent, Neel Kashkari ran on literally no issue other than "will defund the high speed train project to pay for more tax breaks for the top 1%". He ran ads where he maniacally smashed a toy train to bits. People's perception of him ran from "unhinged" to "jesus christ". Despite that...

code:
White men	29%	50%	50%

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 20, 2014

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

This covers two categories:

quote:

A parent of US citizens or lawful permanent residents on the date of the announcement, are not enforcement priorities and have been in the US since January 1, 2010, or

An individual who arrived in the US before turning 16 years old and before January 1, 2010, regardless of how old they are today

The first one is pretty big, but it does not include parents of people in the second category.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

hahahahahahaha holy poo poo, how can anyone take this guy seriously? At least the other crazies have cogent arguments that only work in galt's gulch, but he's honestly arguing that blacks and hispanics are getting fed up with democrats in california.

code:
White		59%	54%	46%
Black		8%	89%	11%
Hispanic 	18%	73%	27%
Asian		11%	-	-	
Other		3%	-	-
Sweet Jesus though. For people who don't know, the California Gubernatorial Election was a fait accompli from the start. People love Jerry Brown and his only opponent, Neel Kashkari ran on literally no issue other than "will defund the high speed train project to pay for more tax breaks for the top 1%". He ran ads where he maniacally smashed a toy train to bits. People's perception of him ran from "unhinged" to "jesus christ". Despite that...

code:
White men	29%	50%	50%

Dude how could you not mention Kashkari's drowning ad in which he pretended to save a kid from drowning Brown's pet teachers unions?

Also :laffo:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Dude how could you not mention Kashkari's drowning ad in which he pretended to save a kid from drowning Brown's pet teachers unions?

BARAK OBAMA, GIVE ME BACK MY EAGLES!

But seriously, will this EO qualify folks to vote?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

My Imaginary GF posted:

BARAK OBAMA, GIVE ME BACK MY EAGLES!

But seriously, will this EO qualify folks to vote?

No. That requires naturalization, which requires an act of Congress.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about that one, right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZFdmwqG3Q

Dude looks like a mix of Stone Cold Steve Austin and Charles Manson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about that one, right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZFdmwqG3Q

Dude looks like a mix of Stone Cold Steve Austin and Charles Manson

Dunno, given all the slightly off-putting asymmetries in his face I'd say he looks more like a mix between Lex Luthor and Two-Face.

You're welcome for the mental images.

• Locked thread