Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I think this is an over reach of executive power and I do not see the upside politically for doing this.

I mean, sure it's a really big loving help to immigrants but I think this is just gonna make Republicans go hog wild and smack all this poo poo down and marginalize immigrants even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Force the GOP to do something. Either they attack him and pass their own bill, or they shutdown the government.

Or they impeach. :v:

What was stopping the Republicans from passing bills before?

I know someone was nice enough to link the webpage for the Immigration Policy Matters website (or whatever it was called), but it only seemed to describe the bill itself, not why it didn't go anywhere.

Were Republicans (and Democrats) sponsoring bills that never came out of committee or to a vote simply because Republicans didn't want them to?

edit: I mean, other than the one bill that failed in the Senate, there were a few other bills out there- but went nowhere. Why? I didn't hear of anything showing why it didn't. Was it obstructed my Republicans or Democrats? Or just pushed to the side by everyone?

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 20, 2014

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

quote:

Republicans have said Obama's actions would not only hurt chances of passing an immigration overhaul but also damage his relations with the incoming Republican-controlled Congress.

Mods I am so sorry for my response being an animated gif but holy gently caress.

Rexicon1 posted:

You should see how upset people are about invading foreign hordes here in cleveland.

The chronically porous border between Puerto Rico and Cleveland.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 21, 2014

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

edit: double post sorry.

• Locked thread