Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

TOILETLORD posted:

in california for the most part as long as you don't make a major instant fail error they pass you.

in west virginia i literally forgot to switch out of reverse and gunned it halfway down a hill and still passed the test probably because i was the only driver that day with ac and seatbelts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Ramsus posted:

wow so you're like 17 now and incredibly effeminate?

i'm not sure i understand this post

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

pathetic little tramp posted:

in west virginia i literally forgot to switch out of reverse and gunned it halfway down a hill and still passed the test probably because i was the only driver that day with ac and seatbelts

my test lady told me i made the max amount of mistakes and she passed me because i was polite and didn't try and kill her.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
op crying like a bitch

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I don't understand how a person in 2014 can not know how to drive, like the OP. Machinery is not new, automobiles are not new... no one is asking you to control a hoverboard with your thoughts for god sakes. Right pedal means go left pedal means stop you amish retard. When I was 16 I literally put an SUV on 2 wheels on purpose just to scare some girls who were mad that I was recklessly driving while drunk. I didn't die. Your beta pussy story about failing your loving driving test made me die a little inside though.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I had to drive a manual transmission diesel car that was like driving a boat, but I still passed somehow.

It sucked learning on a manual as a 15/16 year old kid, especially in traffic, but now I can drive almost anything. My grandpa taught me. He drove a tanker truck for a living for many years. He was patient. Also a really safe driver. I guess you have to be when you drive something that can explode and kill everyone nearby.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 21, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

MD you dont even have to go out on the road. its absurd.

Just drive a course, parallel park, gg.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

did the written part have a question that asked "how much do you have to break the law before you actually break the law?"

go back and drive 90 in that school zone. earn that fail next time

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
this dude has a 2001 reg date. what is going on with this site

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
some guy told me once he failed his dmv test because he didnt, like, engage or disengage his fog lights or something. and i was like, the gently caress is a fog light

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Haverchuck posted:

this dude has a 2001 reg date. what is going on with this site

he figured 35 was a good age to try to see more of the world than his mom's basement

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I missed one thing on my test and was gutted

It's nice being a good driver

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So I got failed on my DMV test because I went 26mph in a 25 zone two times... Like what the gently caress?

Same thing happened to me, but I was going 30. I was like, "Seriously? I thought limit meant minimum."

Like who doesn't average 10 miles above speed :airquote:limit:airquote:?

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Millie posted:

Same thing happened to me, but I was going 30. I was like, "Seriously? I thought limit meant minimum."

me, when I'm taking a test at the DMV

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Millie posted:

I read this in Rodney Dangerfield's voice.

Millie, are you channeling Rodney Dangerfield?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
goons act superior about the dumbest things. i like cars a lot and driving, especially manual cars, but holy poo poo who cares if someone decides not to. behave yourself in FRiend Talk.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Internetjack posted:

Millie, are you channeling Rodney Dangerfield?

:stare:

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007
Change title to "I failed my DMV test today because I'm poo poo!"

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

i ran a stop sign on mine and still passed

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I was the oldest kid in my driving class and I was turning 17, but in older generations it was different - my great grandmother never drove a car from sometime in the 80s until she passed this year.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What a maroon.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Can't you just taking driving classes and get out of the test? I'm not kidding here, I just drove around with a driving instructor (I'll tell you about him later) and got a number from a girl whose aol screenname was peppermint4u2eat or something. She ended up threatening to kill me and me family after I ditched her because she brought a fat friend to our 'date'. Anyway, the black old guy instructor I think may have been taking pills because on our last lesson he started rambling on about some fantasy he had about being in a woman's prison. Not lying and I could say more but I want to ask why are you taking driving tests? Oh you want to get it renewed probably.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

if i lived somewhere like nyc id never bother to learn to drive either

guess what, if you ever leave the city you're useless dead weight. i live in chicago and i have a license and it comes in handy more than youd think.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
poo poo is hosed up and bullshit op

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I ran a stop sign and still passed, lol, sucker.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
I ran over 3 elderly people and got a high five and a handjob from my instructor.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
die

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I got some grumpy old Mexican guy on my test. Only had 21 demerit points! (Less than 25 = pass)

Sorry you have to still ride the bus with the rest of the unbathed fat poor people, OP.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ran a red light and passed mine. Hope this helps with your future tests.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

dennyk posted:

I got my license in Florida, where the driving test was literally driving once around a fake "road" in a parking lot while stopping at one fake stop sign, making a three point turn, and parking in a perpendicular space. The written test was a random selection of questions from a massive database, so most of them were utterly pointless bits of trivia from the driver's manual that had nothing to do with actual everyday driving; stuff like how many days you had to file an accident report with the cops for a hit-and-run, how to signal for turns with your hands, and what various obscure road signs that you'd never actually see in real life meant. You could literally get a license without ever driving a car on an actual road or knowing most of the applicable rules and laws.

I also got mine in Florida, where I didn't even have to take the DMV test because I had taken Driver's Ed. My Driver's Ed class consisted of 2-3 students at a time in a busted rear end Cavalier driving around an empty parking lot, while the coach that was stuck teaching the class just sat in a chair and read the paper.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im like a world rally class driver IRL

not the best at parking though tbh

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Robbie Fowler posted:

I ran over 3 elderly people and got a high five and a handjob from my instructor.

You deserved it, buddy.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I failed my test because the instructor ( a rather large black man ) wanted me to drive around hills and stuff, his only rule was that I dont spill his coffee. I got to the end and had to break really hard and would have failed but the cup was empty so he passed me.

Then my friends and I went to a sonic and had to hide a drunk chick in our trunk but we forgot about it and wanted to get drunk. Some drunk rear end in a top hat stole our car and we had to chase him down. rear end in a top hat was singing Sinatra the whole time. loving ruined the car.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MaxPowers posted:

I failed my test because the instructor ( a rather large black man ) wanted me to drive around hills and stuff, his only rule was that I dont spill his coffee. I got to the end and had to break really hard and would have failed but the cup was empty so he passed me.

Then my friends and I went to a sonic and had to hide a drunk chick in our trunk but we forgot about it and wanted to get drunk. Some drunk rear end in a top hat stole our car and we had to chase him down. rear end in a top hat was singing Sinatra the whole time. loving ruined the car.

3/10 since I'm feeling nice.

bignose
Mar 21, 2006
fucked up

Fandyien posted:

i read that in Scandinavia/Germany you have to spend like $1500 and it takes years of intense testing to get your license. it sounds like an incredibly arduous process

yep, it's like that, you pay like 1500 Euros for the driving school and you have to have a certain amount of required driving lessons (city, country road, autobahn and during the night). there's a theory test and driving test which lasts at least 45 minutes. (or 30 if the instructor likes you)

and if you like to ride a motor bike or sth., you have to do the same poo poo again. thanks, Germany.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
To get your learners in Australia you need to do some sort of test where you gotta get pretty much everything right.

To get your provisionals you have to drive 100 hours I think it is now, and sign it off on your logbook, then go to the test with one of the instructors.

most of the kids just go out to the bumpkin towns where you can basically do some sick donuts and fishies and still pass.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

my licence expired and i just got it transfered to another state today it cost $51 all up for one year and i didnt have to do a test becauwse it only expired two years ago. thats my story about a drivers licence and it happened today thanks for read

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

thank you for reading. sorry i got too excited and hit post before i finishe3d typing

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

lonesomedwarf posted:

thank you for reading. sorry i got too excited and hit post before i finishe3d typing

I enjoyed every minute of your riveting tail (lol).

wanna bang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Failed my first test for "rolling" through a stop sign. Failed my second test because my room mates piece of poo poo buick le sabre didn't have a functioning horn.

• Locked thread