Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't have a sig :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Tautologicus posted:

I don't have a sig :confused:

That statement was in my sig, some mod changed it. Look at the divider

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

bash the fash

have you donated to antifa today? i did.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

im a communist because one day i long to purge all of my friends and old associates to seize absolute power

wish me luck everybody~

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

bash the fash

have you donated to antifa today? i did.

What country do you live in that 'fascists' are an actual thing, or rather roaming gangs of fascists that get in fights with Anarchists? Sounds like something out of a dystopian RPG. I live in the U.S., where we have 2 centrist parties who are both fairly reasonable. (Cue d&d coming in and telling me "ACTUALLY THEYRE BOTH FAR RIGHT AND FURTHERM-".

----------------

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

im a communist because one day i long to purge all of my friends and old associates to seize absolute power

:agreed:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Narciss posted:

That statement was in my sig, some mod changed it. Look at the divider

No dividers on mobile, just looks like youre cussing at everybody on my screen..idk

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Tautologicus posted:

No dividers on mobile, just looks like youre cussing at everybody on my screen..idk

Sorry man i didn't mean to frighten anyone like that. You don't have a sig, but if you did, that'd be OK with me.

----------------

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Narciss posted:

Sorry man i didn't mean to frighten anyone like that. You don't have a sig, but if you did, that'd be OK with me.

Thanks bro

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Narciss posted:

What country do you live in that 'fascists' are an actual thing, or rather roaming gangs of fascists that get in fights with Anarchists? Sounds like something out of a dystopian RPG. I live in the U.S., where we have 2 centrist parties who are both fairly reasonable. (Cue d&d coming in and telling me "ACTUALLY THEYRE BOTH FAR RIGHT AND FURTHERM-".

germany ofc

plenty of fascists here

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Narciss posted:

The only time in my life that I was ever arrested was for brawling with brown shirt-wearing Neo-Nazis on the steps of the county courthouse in downtown Minneapolis. Those were the days. :allears:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Narciss posted:

it's more like roaming gangs of leftist street hooligans who constantly harass and attack the few actual fascists to the point where the fascists have a police guard at all times

it's pretty great honestly, but still, call it what it is

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
fascism is good, and cool

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

anchoress posted:

Mussolini sure made it sound pretty cool on paper

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/mussolini-fascism.asp

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Gay Roads posted:

lol if you think obama's a leftist

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

anchoress posted:

Nah its P dumb. I stupidly considered it at one time, but then read some Roger Griffin and realized how loving retarded it actually is. There really isn't much of a core concept to the ideology except an obsession with national myth.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Tautologicus posted:

Mussolini sure made it sound pretty cool on paper

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/mussolini-fascism.asp

Mussolini ownz

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
if any of you said this poo poo to me in real life i would slap your face off

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
owwwnnzzz

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The man our country needs.

The body our country wants. :swoon:

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 22, 2014

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Harime Nui posted:

Christ what a wop.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Zeroisanumber posted:

The only time in my life that I was ever arrested was for brawling with brown shirt-wearing Neo-Nazis on the steps of the county courthouse in downtown Minneapolis. Those were the days. :allears:

WITH them, not AGAINST them?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Harime Nui posted:

Sexiest Mussolini pic:

NSFW

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this is on the police headquarters here, and every time i see it i think about that fascist face

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

The theory of totalarianism is based on badly research comparison between Hitler and Stalin. Who were both dictators but had completely different methods of governance and structured their systems in completely different ways. Stalin was a paranoid control-freak bureaucrat who'd often stay away into the night to examine documents so he always knew everything that was going on. Hitler barely ever attended meetings that didn't involve war and generally didn't give a poo poo about day to day governance poo poo. Stalin was all for keeping things as unified as possible to the extent that he would have people killed for the slightest signs of disobedience or disunity. Hitler on the other hand encouraged infighting and disunity. Stalin relied on having absolute control, Hitler relied on the people under him loving each other over to please him while thinking to themselves "What would Hitler do?".

I'd hate to say it, but Stalin is by far more admirable as an effective leader than Hitler. Fascism is the ultimate beta ideology. Who the hell wants to follow some meth eating failed artist?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Agag posted:

Sexiest Mussolini pic:

wow trigger warn me for defeat of fascism next time huh

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

skeletonotherkin posted:

I'd hate to say it, but Stalin is by far more admirable as an effective leader than Hitler. Fascism is the ultimate beta ideology. Who the hell wants to follow some meth eating failed artist?

Hitler was so powerful that only he could stop himself

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Fandyien posted:

this is on the police headquarters here, and every time i see it i think about that fascist face

Truth in advertising.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

old dog child posted:

Hitler was so powerful that only he could stop himself

lol, nah he totally started a unwinnable war.

skeletonotherkin fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 22, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

skeletonotherkin posted:

lol, nah he totally started an winnable war.

woosh

skeletonotherkin posted:

lol, nah he totally started a unwinnable war.

still wooshh

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 22, 2014

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Benny da Muscles says only you can prevent forest fires, motherfucker

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Iamblikhos posted:

WITH them, not AGAINST them?

poo poo you found me out.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Fandyien posted:

This wasn't vandalism? the police put it there themselves?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

katlington posted:

This wasn't vandalism? the police put it there themselves?

its an art installation but im pretty sure the artist pranked the dumb police officers. its not like a temporary one though, it's been there for yeras

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fandyien posted:

its an art installation but im pretty sure the artist pranked the dumb police officers. its not like a temporary one though, it's been there for yeras

The thin blue line makes me laugh.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am going to genocide all mosquitos

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Both are one-party states that

are controlled by a dictator and/or small group of elites
have total control of the economy
invade every aspect of society, including the personal lives of its citizens
control domestic media and news/journalism, combined with a large propaganda machine
abuse nationalist sentiments in the citizenry
(often) elevate leader to superhuman status

one does it for the good of the people
one does it for the good of the state/nation

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phoon posted:

it's because when a leftist is democratically elected the cia murders them so the only ones that survive to actually rule their country are the authoritarians who can take total control of their country

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im pretty sure were getting a clinton vs bush whichw ill be pretty funny

its gonna be really funny when this happens and afterwards most of americans still wont realize their democrazy is a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i remeber when people empty quoted funny posts instead of asinine political quips, on nov 1st

• Locked thread