Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

http://www.katu.com/news/local/No-herb-is-safe-from-weed-stealing-sous-chefs-says-apt-manager-229651431.html

quote:

Martin Connolly thinks random weeds and plants are going into dishes at nice restaurants because he lives around plenty of trendy restaurants at Southeast 16th and Hawthorne.

"If you live in Portland, you have to know what comes with the neighborhood, and in this case, it's bands of sous-chefs," says Connolly.

Around the back of the apartment building he manages is a fenced-in alley that is filled with wild weeds and greens, apparently ripe for the taking.

"In some neighborhoods there's coyotes, some have skunks – here, it's just sous-chefs and all the things that come with that," Connolly says.

He's seen them in the area before and has picked up their leftovers.

"You can always tell they’ve been here: There's beard nets. I found this recipe lying back here the other day," he says.

Connolly says he can even recognize their scent: "Sometimes smells like brisket."

And his neighbor spotted one stuck on the fence Friday.

"Had a bag of what was probably chicory leaves,"
Connolly says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone was probably murdered in my town today. Cool.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Knox County Sheriff's Office develops protocol on what to do if you find human remains

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

WXIX sent their morning shift weather man to cover a construction collapse.

Like, they went to him during a commercial break and said "Frank, no one gives a poo poo about the cold front walk your rear end over to 5th Street or wherever the gently caress and cover this parking garage or some poo poo."

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

Gas and electric prices are going up in the county I used to live in.
Murder count in Philadelphia will probably surpass last year's figures but will still be lower than Chicago's!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

What would the local news be like if GBS posters were anchors

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Murder capital of the world USA same ol' poo poo

E: the USA is my world

Sponge Baathist fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 22, 2014

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/3/7/idaho-s-largest-prisonrunbyprivatecorporationisinvestigatedbyfbi.html

quote:

The FBI has launched an investigation into the Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) over the way it runs an Idaho prison that has such a reputation for violence that inmates dub it "Gladiator School."

Friend of mine took another job and the very week she was no longer working at Gladiator School a guard in her old unit was murdered by a prisoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Water is wet, sun rises in east, someone got shot in south Atlanta last night.

Also the murder-Kroger doesn't want to be called the murder-Kroger anymore because no one's been murdered there for at least a day or two. Please refer to it as the "Armed Robbery Beltline"-Kroger from now on.

• Locked thread