Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
MOBAS are like the false successor to the RTS throne. One day the true RTS king will return and slaughter the mobas and the e-sports.

But when will this happen and what RTS will do this is still unknown. But we keep hoping for that day to come. And as long as hope is alive the dream will never die.

That being said why hasn't anyone made Brutal Legend clones with refined gameplay. That was an interesting twist to the RTS genre. Make it like a Brutal Legend/Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Since Warcraft 3 HD and/or Warcraft 4 is going to be a thing. I hope they make the ability to zoom in like StarCraft 2, I want to get up close in my battles and just watch the destruction take place as tons of units are wiped out in a single move. I mean the models they leaked looked way more detailed than the WoW models so the quality would not degrade if you went up close.

Making RTS more engaging to the player usually means having the action give a direct payoff and maybe NPC chatter.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

yep this is the poo poo I'm talking about. Amazing in everyway.

The Jurassic park RTS had a map that was similar but you could never get as deep into the upgrades as other games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Psygnosis posted:

no play Starcraft 64 instead. See how the game works with a gamepad then you shall know what true pain is.

I beat StarCraft 64 and the exclusive missions you needed to unlock with the expansion pack.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Schnedwob posted:

this isn't just any taint reaping... this is ADVANCED taint reaping

I even have the instruction booklet for it still and have the game in a hardshell case with it, complete with a replica cover. It is a treasure.

• Locked thread