Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
The cinema discussion forum is a garbage forum filled with garbage people who like to type huge essays about nothing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

does anyone know what goes on in "you look like poo poo"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

The cinema discussion forum is a garbage forum filled with garbage people who like to type huge essays about nothing at all.

it took you 11 years to figure this out?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that's kinda how I read PYF

yeah i just checked PYF and saw a cat pictures thread but the ratio of picture post:bad post is not good

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

does anyone know what goes on in "you look like poo poo"

badly dressed nerds giving bad fashion advice to other badly dressed nerds

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it took you 11 years to figure this out?

Oh I have been hip to that for about seven years now, but I think it is way worse than Pet Island. Crazy people who like animals I can deal with, since animals are great, but haughty faux intellectuals just rub me the wrong way.

client
Aug 19, 2010

the football forum is really weird OP. the people in there actually hate football but love tedious discussions on racism and the weird babymen who routinely meltdown are well-liked and cared about instead of being trolled forever

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

how did yospos become the only fyadlite to survive

too boring to die

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Oh I have been hip to that for about seven years now, but I think it is way worse than Pet Island. Crazy people who like animals I can deal with, since animals are great, but haughty faux intellectuals just rub me the wrong way.

just had to be sure. Anyone who thinks that long winded godzilla guy has anything worth saying needs to re-evaluate their life.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

client posted:

the football forum is really weird OP. the people in there actually hate football but love tedious discussions on racism and the weird babymen who routinely meltdown are well-liked and cared about instead of being trolled forever

You just described 99% of SAS

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Jose Oquendo posted:

You just described 99% of SAS

Wow you upset baby? Don't want to discuss gender dynamics in the pro wrestling forum? Poor wittle baby.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
It sure says something when people say Pet Island is worse than a forum titled Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse/Animated Drawings to Replace Women.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Leroy Dennui posted:

It sure says something when people say Pet Island is worse than a forum titled Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse/Animated Drawings to Replace Women.

we like to pretend that place doesn't really exist

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Admittedly, i don't really go into most of the subs but having been looking at a couple threads in QCS recently i thought it was pretty weird that it had is own little community of people who suck mod epeen by pretending they dislike what the mods do, yet can't stop talking about them!

I guess hanging out in a forum for coupons is petty weird too...

site fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 24, 2014

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Plafop posted:

Wow you upset baby? Don't want to discuss gender dynamics in the pro wrestling forum? Poor wittle baby.

Why is pro wrestling even discussed in SAS. It's not a sport. It's entertainment like a movie or a tv show.

site posted:

I guess hanging out in a forum for coupons begs the same question...

Most goons are unemployed shut-ins so they have hours to spend in attempts to save $5 on the new video game.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Didn't a TCC mod drive a woman into ODing? That's pretty weird.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
It's lumped in with the mma stuff though.
Had to go somewhere.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

front page discussion is p. loving weird

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

site posted:

Admittedly, i don't really go into most of the subs but having been looking at a couple threads in QCS recently i thought it was pretty weird that it had is own little community. Why hang out there of all places?

I guess hanging out in a forum for coupons begs the same question...

in every forum in existence the feedback sub is where all the sweet drama and sick burns happen.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
surprised I didn't see tfr yet

but the real answer is all of them. weridos gravitate to the internet it's pretty common knowledge

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

sick trigger posted:

front page discussion is p. loving weird

It did lead to the Current Releases being shut down, which was a good thing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tussin Grimace posted:

surprised I didn't see tfr yet

but the real answer is all of them. weridos gravitate to the internet it's pretty common knowledge

for an online gun forum TFR is pretty tame

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah only one or two mass murderers is really not that bad.

YourHealthyColon
Nov 21, 2013
TCC is weird in how boring it is you'd think drugs would be a fun topic of convo but its astoundingly lame. Its like an entire subforum for dream diaries

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

TCC is real tame for a online drug forum as well.

this shows a lot more about online forums in general than the particular forums themselves tho

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

mind the walrus posted:

art entitled "Waiting for lf."

we could hang ourselves

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What do they talk about in TFR since they aren't allowed to discuss what's really on their mind: Fantasies of killing black people?

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
Half of the subforums are containment boards. If they were closed their posters would spread across the forums like baby spiders bursting from their egg sac.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
any attempt to better the forums is met with immediate resistance

client
Aug 19, 2010

site posted:

Admittedly, i don't really go into most of the subs but having been looking at a couple threads in QCS recently i thought it was pretty weird that it had is own little community of people who suck mod epeen by pretending they dislike what the mods do, yet can't stop talking about them!

I guess hanging out in a forum for coupons is petty weird too...

there is a 250 page thread about commercials you don't like that has regulars who have been posting in it for 3 years

like lol just gonna hang out TVIV ad troll crew and do owns on JG Wentworth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

client posted:

there is a 250 page thread about commercials you don't like that has regulars who have been posting in it for 3 years

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

YourHealthyColon posted:

TCC is weird in how boring it is you'd think drugs would be a fun topic of convo but its astoundingly lame. Its like an entire subforum for dream diaries

much like real life talking about drugs is only fun or interesting when you're actually on them and loving inane boring bullshit when you're not

i can't imagine the kind of person who does drugs and then decides to talk about it online makes particularly thrilling conversation either

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Plafop posted:

yeah only one or two mass murderers is really not that bad.

at least they don't cultivate the mentally unstable like pet island

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

client posted:

lmao

for how much poo poo GBS and D&D (my hangouts) get, every time i hear about other subs they are just as bad

D&D just can't contain itself

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its the anime

its always the anime

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

XMNN posted:

its the anime

its always the anime

every single one of those posters should be on a kill list

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

coupons actually

Coupons is literally the best forum

project.log is the weirdest forum

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

angerbot posted:

Coupons is literally the best forum

project.log is the weirdest forum

several of the threads on the front page have been open for weeks and have 0 replies

and one of those 0 reply threads is a guy talking about how he registered to make it

wtf

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
coupons is ok since im too lazy to check slickdeals and you can just look for 5 seconds to see if something interesting is up instead of flood of tampon/pads/cd-rom/floppy drive "deals" that flood slickdeals. tho i guess its weird that theres people dedicated enough to repost deals.\

definitely pet island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
pet island is less weird now the dVangels have moved on to greener pastures with their stupid diaper dogs

• Locked thread