Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm just gonna come here and say the problem with sci fi right now is because people think they want loving sci fi and not sci fantasy, but they actually want sci fantasy, which can and will eschew with realism or science when it's cooler. This is a better model, and why I :rolleyes: when people bitch about realism in scifi movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Like, Dune is considered science fiction somehow, but show me where the science is. It's still the greatest sci fi book ever written though? Weird huh, how fantasy elements are often better than the way things really are.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There are people who absolutely need their sci fi grounded in rational ideas and the fictional technology existing as somewhat believable future-tech, but frankly I'd rather just Star-Wars or Dune it up.

• Locked thread