Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

agreed, but it's a catch-22 because you have to be familiar with the EU to really appreciate how hard KOTOR2 is trashing it

Oh is that why KOTOR 2 is so highly regarded? I was in a busy place when it came out and heard mixed things (this was well before the patches) so I never checked it out, but if it's a takedown of the EU I could definitely make time for it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

so howcould i play koto2 without apying for it?

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Hopefully the new films will have a darker, more realistic tone to them.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Hopefully the new films will have a darker, more realistic tone to them.

they are making luke act like a women according to plot leaks, and the man in the story is hans daughter.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i really hated the Toilet Lords, they were just lovely Sith Lords

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

mind the walrus posted:

Oh is that why KOTOR 2 is so highly regarded? I was in a busy place when it came out and heard mixed things (this was well before the patches) so I never checked it out, but if it's a takedown of the EU I could definitely make time for it now.

The problem is that KOTOR 2 has so much where you need to read between the lines and the gameplay really isn't that good. I honestly think reading the LP might be a better way of appreciating the game: http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/ It is still really great as an LP though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mr.capps posted:

i really hated the Toilet Lords, they were just lovely Sith Lords

"The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master."
"Only a master of toilets."

MechaStalin
Jun 13, 2013
I remember reading one of those X-Wing books as a teenager and there was an honest to god furry sex scene in it. Really made we wonder what I got myself into.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
disney slam dunking this poo poo in the garbage and super-nerds everywhere crying their eyes out was one of the greatest things star wars has ever produced

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if your favorite character is the blue guy who is a really good at strategy because he likes to look at the art of different alien species you are a smelly poop

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

MechaStalin posted:

I remember reading one of those X-Wing books as a teenager and there was an honest to god furry sex scene in it. Really made we wonder what I got myself into.

Uuuh there's no sex scenes in the books I think that was just you being a horny teen.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

if your favorite character is the blue guy who is a really good at strategy because he likes to look at the art of different alien species you are a smelly poop

actually my favorite character was the sick ithorian child that got munched to death by space Baal instead of getting healed of his Bone Illness

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

mr.capps posted:

Yeah I read those books because they were supposedly the 'good EU' and they weren't that good at all. The whole time I was aware I was reading officially licensed fanfiction.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah I read those books because they were supposedly the 'good EU' and they weren't that good at all. The whole time I was aware I was reading officially licensed fanfiction.

There's literally a clone of Luke Skywalker in them who is an evil Skywalker and his name is Luuke and he has a tiny evil goatee (he was made out of the hand that got cut off in empire strikes back) and nobody thought it was dumb at the time

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Did they ever write a book about the big blue elephant dude at Jabba's place

He played the space music and did space blow

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dely Apple posted:

Did they ever write a book about the big blue elephant dude at Jabba's place

He played the space music and did space blow

they wrote something about that band breaking up, it might've been tales of jabbas palace. His name was max rebo and he was feuding with the weird lip alien that sang for him cause she took over his band

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

There's literally a clone of Luke Skywalker in them who is an evil Skywalker and his name is Luuke and he has a tiny evil goatee (he was made out of the hand that got cut off in empire strikes back) and nobody thought it was dumb at the time

Yeah, that's about all I remember of it, and only then because it was so loving dumb.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aesop Poprock posted:

they wrote something about that band breaking up, it might've been tales of jabbas palace. His name was max rebo and he was feuding with the weird lip alien that sang for him cause she took over his band

I googled him and apparently he had a solo career for a while and then he opened his own chain of restaurants called Max's Flanth House.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Max_Rebo

Edit: the canonical original name for the band (before Max Rebo became the front man) was Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Evar_Orbus_and_His_Galactic_Jizz-Wailers

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Nov 24, 2014

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Jizz was an upbeat, swinging genre of music, most notably performed by Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes and the Max Rebo Band. Subgenres of jizz included the styles of jizz-wail, aubade, and glitz. Also, jatz is slightly similar to jizz.

Other notable jizz bands included Bobolo Baker's All-Bith Band, Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers, Hutt, Figrin D'an II and the New Modal Nodes, and The Sozzenels.

Contents[show]

Jizz instruments
Bass Viol
Bandfill
Clak Beepbox
Dorenian Beshniquel
Fanfar
Gasan string drum
Jizz
Jizz-box
Kloo horn
Mood synthesizer
Nalargon
Ommni box
Peel rod
Ploong sounder
Slitherhorn (traz)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

atomicthumbs posted:

Jizz was an upbeat, swinging genre of music, most notably performed by Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes and the Max Rebo Band. Subgenres of jizz included the styles of jizz-wail, aubade, and glitz. Also, jatz is slightly similar to jizz.

Other notable jizz bands included Bobolo Baker's All-Bith Band, Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers, Hutt, Figrin D'an II and the New Modal Nodes, and The Sozzenels.

Contents[show]

Jizz instruments
Bass Viol
Bandfill
Clak Beepbox
Dorenian Beshniquel
Fanfar
Gasan string drum
Jizz
Jizz-box
Kloo horn
Mood synthesizer
Nalargon
Ommni box
Peel rod
Ploong sounder
Slitherhorn (traz)

I'm sorry I believe that's actually a list of Dr. Seuss trademarked sex toys

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

atomicthumbs posted:

Jizz jizz jizz-wail jizz.

jizz Jizz-Wailers,

Jizz instruments
----------------
Jizz
Jizz-box

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Ahh Lordy I hadnt thought of Jizz Wailers since like a year ago when me and a friend got into SWG for like a week.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Was this poo poo not in the comic book version? I havent gotten around to the audio books and I don't remember that at all but hear about it a lot. Luuke was in the Thrawn Trilogy?

Anyhow to answer the question I made the mistake of reading Death Star, the whole book is garbage, has a gay sex scene dressed up as a martial arts contest and a character named Teh Roxxor

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Ahh Lordy I hadnt thought of Jizz Wailers since like a year ago when me and a friend got into SWG for like a week.

Was this poo poo not in the comic book version? I havent gotten around to the audio books and I don't remember that at all but hear about it a lot. Luuke was in the Thrawn Trilogy?

Weird I could a sworn he was since I never read the comics but I guess not. I probably got it from the essential guide to characters, children of the Jedi and visions of the future since I read all of that poo poo when I was a kid

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The Star Wars EU was a weird beast before the prequels were released. It was just a series of novels that continued the story of the characters from the movies, some pretty good Dark Horse comics (Tales of the Jedi was amazing), short story collections that varied wildly in quality, and weird stuff like Droids.

Then the new movies came out, Lucas went all in with the cash grab, and rather then standalone novels and an odd trilogy here or there it was decided to write a 25 book saga about evil anti-force aliens invading from another galaxy and wrecking everything until a magical deus ex machina solves the whole war and coincidentally references are made to stuff from the prequel movies/books.

I was still following the EU pretty seriously and read about 1/2 of the Vong books, then the bugnest orgy book came out and I just gave up entirely. Apparently there was another 20+ book epic shortly after, and now no one is writing any timeline advancing novels in the Star Wars Legacy(c) because they want the new movies to come out and be able to write "canon" books.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What about that time Mara Jade killed a bunch of alien kids to power her new lightsaber

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I never read these books and I still know that Chewbacca was killed by dropping a moon on him.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

I never read these books and I still know that Chewbacca was killed by dropping a moon on him.

That's sounds like a way vegeta would die, but no, that's how Chewbacca the wookie died

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wolfsheim posted:

trick question nerds, it's actually all of it, it's all terrible :owned:

I can't answer the god damned question if you steal the answer from me OP:argh:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

pentyne posted:

The Star Wars EU was a weird beast before the prequels were released. It was just a series of novels that continued the story of the characters from the movies, some pretty good Dark Horse comics (Tales of the Jedi was amazing), short story collections that varied wildly in quality, and weird stuff like Droids.

Then the new movies came out, Lucas went all in with the cash grab, and rather then standalone novels and an odd trilogy here or there it was decided to write a 25 book saga about evil anti-force aliens invading from another galaxy and wrecking everything until a magical deus ex machina solves the whole war and coincidentally references are made to stuff from the prequel movies/books.

I was still following the EU pretty seriously and read about 1/2 of the Vong books, then the bugnest orgy book came out and I just gave up entirely. Apparently there was another 20+ book epic shortly after, and now no one is writing any timeline advancing novels in the Star Wars Legacy(c) because they want the new movies to come out and be able to write "canon" books.

just catching up with this thread, jus marking this post as my bet for where the thread pivots into everybody unironic posting about how some of the EU is actually good.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

opus111 posted:

just catching up with this thread, jus marking this post as my bet for where the thread pivots into everybody unironic posting about how some of the EU is actually good.

I refuse to let that happen because none of it is good, except for my 5th grade creative writing assignment about the solo twins coming to earth and vacationing at ocean city MD and enjoying the boardwalk because that objectively got an A

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
timothy zahn has a lotta burnin' in hell to do, that's all I'm gonna say

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

the EU rules and is really funny & cool

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

post the poo poo where Han Solo fights the giant weasels or whatever

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
i remember han solo got kidnapped and enslaved along w/ chewie and then they found an old remnant of the empire with a spaceship made of crystal that blew up stars. my favorite was the science girl who thought the empire was cool + good because they told her the "world devastators" and "death star" were mining equipment

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

post the poo poo where Han Solo fights the giant weasels or whatever

Haha I am almost certain he either almost hosed one or used to date one of them as well

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

actually OP: it's this wookiepedia page: :nws: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast :nws:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Breast

hahaha

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Arrhythmia posted:

actually OP: it's this wookiepedia page: :nws: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast :nws:

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
The Courtship of Princess Leia (First identified as Breast)

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Wow even the blue elephant guy had a name

The fat dude who cried on the rancor had a name

I bet every single thing in the cantina has a name and a lightsaber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

36-to-1 says the main image stays.

The single most one-sided consensus track discussion in Wookieepedia history has decided that the main image will not be changed.

Changing it unilaterally will be treated as vandalism and you will be blocked.

Whining about it will be treated as disruptive behavior and you will be blocked.

It is highly unlikely that you will ever defeat this decision under our consensus and voting eligibility policies.

There are worse things to worry about on the Internet.

GET. OVER. IT.

• Locked thread