Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lmbo if you think old cars are better than modern cars.

Why yes, I want an old car that is inefficient, loud, uncomfortable, janky, unsafe, and expensive as hell to repair and insure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g

New cars:

Efficient
Safe
Look awesome
Fast
Affordable
Comfortable
Don't lose value as quickly
Status symbol
Sexy

Old cars:

Lol I have either too much money and waste it on old-n-busted or I have too little money that I think vehicles are assets.

:qq:B-b-b-b its a CLASSIC.:qq:

Yeah maybe if you dump $50K into it and keep it NOT on blocks in your drive way.

Also, why do folk love old Buick LeSabres and Lincoln Towncars? They are ugly and inefficient, and can't you get a late model Kia Rio or something for the same money and less maintenance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sexy young infidel posted:

jesus christ whats wrong with you

Your favorite car a 1997 Cutlass Supreme? I'm sorry.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How can you look at that pos buick and be like "yes, this is an effective use of my limited resources ".

Ditch that poo poo, drink some soma, and get a new car.

Spanish Manlove, do you change the oil on that yourself?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Neptr posted:

Lincoln Town Cars (and the Crown Vic and Mercury Grand Marquis) rock because Ford got the Panther chassis right and just kept making it better for 30 years. Now parts are cheap as gently caress and they run for at least 300,000 miles. But have fun with your modern touchscreen infotainment poo poo that will break in 7 years and cost a few grand to replace.

I will as you run into me with your rust bucket and have your chest cavity explode, and I have a slight bruise from the airbag and modern safety features and crumple zones.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

open container posted:

your dream is reality

Lol PT Cruiser. Ugliest Car intentionally Designed to be Ugly Award 2014.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

aces, another thread about what Jastiger hates

I like modern stuff. I get tired of hearing folks talk about how their KICKIN RAD 1987 OLDSMOBILE that they just got for ONLY $800 is so much better than the same priced car that gets more than 15 MPG and doesn't exhume that bad guy from Ferngully every time the engine turns over.

Feranon posted:

I like the general aesthetics of 50s and 60s cars a lot, I wish they'd make new cars with the same efficiency and features but with oldschool looks instead of boring minimalism

No one says you can't staple some tail fins on your new Ford Mustang.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Whorelord posted:

this is my whip

Car is ugly as hell.

But it also gets more than 15 MPG and isn't a literal death trap like a lot of these older American waste buckets.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Flannelette posted:

Post more cars crashing into each other in slow motion

please

I wish I could post a video showing every car everyone here likes pre-1990 and show it going into that masher thing from the Brave Little Toaster.

I'm not good with video making though.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

jastiger, i'm going to change your posting limits.

From now on you have to post nice things. Compliments, fun, humor, jokes. etc. If you complain about anything or make a negative comment, I will probate you. If you veil a negative thought in a facade of nicety, like a sorority girl from an SEC school, I will probate you. There is no mercy. Stop being a terrible poster.

I post nice things! But ok I recognize that this thread was a bash thread.

I have a separate question. Why did it autoban me yesterday?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Suppose that's possible. I intentionally didn't use one but I was distracted when I posted. Ah well.

Does this rule apply to all posts or just gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

I can only enforce it in GBS but it would serve to improve your posts by a considerable degree if you were more positive about everything.

Positive post! No more red text!

• Locked thread