Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW
ever since the late 2000s ive been slowly overcome by this pervasive sense that things just aren't....right. I cant tell if I'm projecting my own fears onto everything else, just getting older, or the world is getting slowly worse in a really creepy way. Has anyone else noticed this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

its the recession which is basically the root cause of every major global gently caress up since 2009 or so

Oh, its just that?

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

i must compose posted:

my condolences op but it is apparent to me that you are slowly but surely losing your mind; everything is exactly as it has been. perhaps you'd better sit down?

I'm sitting down now

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

Stalins Moustache posted:

i have shrek in my life
its all fine

There is a time and place for anime

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

open container posted:

OP can you provide an example?

I was sitting in Penn station recently waiting to meet up with a friend really bored with nothing to do. Being there for a couple hours I noticed a recorded message plays on repeat about once every five minutes. It's a very stern woman's voice warning passengers that they must have their luggage secured at all times. She goes on to say that luggage may be searched at any time and k-9 units conduct regular walks through the terminal and that you are not permitted to pet them. It ends with, and I poo poo you not, "If you see something, say something. And remember....Stay safe."

Like, its a little thing I suppose, but does that just seem not normal to anyone else? It's something I expect to hear in a campy 80s movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

Plafop posted:

*puts on They Live glasses*

oh poo poo im gay. I have to tell the world.

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

the black husserl posted:

Like even as recently as ten years ago it would have been weird and nerdy to spend all day on the internet. Now everybody does it! Something's going on here.

some things never change..

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

shouldnt this book be titled "jacking off in a dark room"

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

Feranon posted:

my life went to hell starting in 05 but I'm nowhere near dumb enough to think the world in general isn't at least a little better now than it was then

whats improved

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

lonesomedwarf posted:

its safe here op, im secure beneath the watchful eyes. join us

im gay

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW
bump

Adbot