Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Sour Diesel posted:

I never said it was a challenge

e: unless you're the Steelers

Or the loving Packers :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

Patriots - Packers is going to loving own.

Not for Packer fans :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

You guys are all way too scared of New England

Dude, we just barely escaped Minnesota.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Abugadu posted:

Minnesota has a far better defense than anyone is giving them credit for. Their offense is what's kind of half-assed at this point. If Bridgewater develops decently, and Peterson comes back, they'll be pretty drat good next year.

I think we match up well against the Pats with the exception of Gronk. CMIII on pass rush means AJ Hawk on Gronk, at that's a matchup Gronk wins 100% of the time. On offense, we're deep enough at WR to offset NE's talented but shallow secondary, and our pass blocking has been drat good for the last few weeks. Lacy's also on fire, and that's allowed us to switch to whichever's working.

We'll probably get 21-30 points, the game depends on whether the D creates turnovers or gets beasted by Gronk.

I'm having flashbacks of what Jimmy Graham - and not even a 100% Jimmy Graham at that - did to us week 8. This defense has NO answer for big TEs and we're about to get a throat full of the best big TE in football. I really wouldn't be surprised if Gronk gets 17 catches for 195 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Patriots don't have any real WRs that worry me, and our defense might be weak against the run, but that doesn't matter. That offense seems to have an answer for everything, and I don't think this defense is up to the task.

I think the Packers lose a shootout, probably by 14. I can see the Pack scoring 30, but I can also easily see the Patriots scoring 44.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

My body is prepared for Geno's inexplicably great game against us

Dude you're gonna beat the brakes off the Jets even worse than the loving Bills did.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Big deal, the Pats struggled with Oakland

That was before the five straight blowouts.

Steve Smith owns :allears:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 26, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

What if I told you a footlong piece of turf...

Could take down a footlong empire...

Robert Griffin the Third - The Footlong Failure at Fedex Field: Thursday 9 PM Eastern

Holy poo poo :laffo:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

That's ridiculous. He stinks right now, but only in the refusing to make decisions department. He's still throwing accurate, short passes, hence his hilarious 70% completion rate, and horrific averages and mind bogglingly bad sack rate.

He still loving sucks.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

axeil posted:

Dear god :gonk:

Was this the game against the Pats where Gronk made snow angels and the Pats scored something like 60 points?

Gronk was still in college.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

5 words that should convince everyone on the futility of pursuing a degree.

Where the gently caress was he from anyway, like, Arizona?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Qwijib0 posted:

I was relieved to find out we never actually gave him one.

poo poo, that would have taken him like 9 years

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Squinky v2.0 posted:

They've been willing to switch it up in game so I suspect we see lots of configurations. Last week, Revis was mostly on Calvin but he also covered Tate. Browner covered all 3 of megatron, tate, and ebron at various times. Same deal against the Broncos, Browner was mostly against Julius Thomas but they moved them around. It helps that Pat Chung has actually been pretty alright this year giving help in coverage.

If I had to guess, I would say Browner on Nelson with help a majority of the time, they do seem to like putting him on the larger guy.

Yeah, I'm expecting Browner on Jordy and Revis on Cobb with safety help. I also kinda expect Cobb out of the slot to help with this but I don't know much good it will do. It does leave Davante possibly open on the outside, but we'll have to see if Rodgers trusts him enough.

I could go a lot more in depth with this but honestly I don't think the Packers stand a loving chance in this game, and we're probably gonna lose by 20.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Athanatos posted:

Give Rex his own announcing show on the radio with 0 censoring so I can mute the TV and have him curse his way through all the primetime games.

I'd listen to that like a motherfucker.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

sweet thursday posted:

Without talking about your teams or your playoffs or whatever, how many of you guys are in fantasy football leagues?

Probably most of us, to be honest. I occasionally post in TAQ about it. Most of the fantasy football threads are full of TFF regulars, which I'm sure isn't exactly shocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

I had no idea you could trade for a head coach

It's happened before. The Raiders traded Gruden to Tampa back in 2001.

e:f,b

• Locked thread