Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Wait I don't remember Vaughn betraying me, I only remember him being my best bro forever

Good, the medicine is working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

CharlesM posted:

The only thing is when I first ran into Yvette again in Ep 4 her facial animations seemed to be switching between a grimace and a smile. I thought it might she was kind of winking like she was playing along with the joke. I figured some flag was set wrong. I don't know if it was just me.

I had something like this happen in Life Is Strange, Chloe's face got stuck in a "mad" expression while the conversation we were having was pretty pleasant. I wasn't sure if something was wrong or she was being really sarcastic.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Wait I don't remember Vaughn betraying me, I only remember him being my best bro forever

Vasquez offers him the same deal he offers Rhys during Bossanova's racing chaos, you can choose to turn him down but Vaughn betrays you immediately, although he does say he was lying to Vasquez but the point he says this, he has a shotgun in his face.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Just rewatched the opening to episode 4 and it made me sad that Finch and Kroger died. I know they were assholes but they didn't seem all bad.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Judge Tesla posted:

Vasquez offers him the same deal he offers Rhys during Bossanova's racing chaos, you can choose to turn him down but Vaughn betrays you immediately, although he does say he was lying to Vasquez but the point he says this, he has a shotgun in his face.

He is surprised in a happy way if you don't take the deal though because you're friends. If it came to it I think he would have gone with Rhys just because it's fairly obvious that friendship is worth more than anything else at Hyperion to him.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

gigawhite posted:

Just rewatched the opening to episode 4 and it made me sad that Finch and Kroger died. I know they were assholes but they didn't seem all bad.

Even though Kroger straight-up stole your escape ship and was gearing up to kill Fiona in Ep 5? Seems pretty lovely to me.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is there any way to show just the questions and answers?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

CharlesM posted:

Is there any way to show just the questions and answers?

Best you can do is click their user name and find their answers

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I knew right away the bandit captured by Kroger for the Stranger was Vaughn, cause these abs don't lie .

The identity of the stranger did surprise me. Overall, great final episode and a very entertaining way to put a boss fight in an adventure game .
I wish TellTale would continue doing lighter comedic stuff like this series, It seems like much better fit for them .

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

admataY posted:

I knew right away the bandit captured by Kroger for the Stranger was Vaughn, cause these abs don't lie .

The identity of the stranger did surprise me. Overall, great final episode and a very entertaining way to put a boss fight in an adventure game .
I wish TellTale would continue doing lighter comedic stuff like this series, It seems like much better fit for them .

Its really obvious because he wears the mask from episode 1

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ekusukariba posted:

Its really obvious because he wears the mask from episode 1

gently caress, I knew that looked familiar, but I couldn't place it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

admataY posted:

Yeah the stranger was a really good twist. I figured it was going to be Gortys, having scavenged the robo-body from the crash. I was close!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The fact that every gaming site I've looked at (I know, I know) isn't raving about this series now it's come to its conclusion befuddles the everliving hell out of me. Life Is Strange is getting a ton of coverage but this is easily one of TTG's best games, nary a peep. Bizzare.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Another way the finale was successful is making me feel like a piece of poo poo for shooting Felix back in the first episode .

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Air is lava! posted:

Everytime I look at this, I can't help but notice how small Scooters face is. It looks like he has way to much empty space on his head left.

His face has been small since the main Borderlands games. The only reason I wasn't creeped out by him in TFTB was that they actually made his face expressive, as opposed to the Borderlands games where it looks like a beady-eyed death mask.

Just played Episode 5 yesterday, and I don't know why but I was actually a little surprised that Handsome Jack was still evil and insane and betrayed me the second I uploaded him to the Helios mainframe. Does the first act of Episode 5 change at all depending on your choice at the end of Episode 4? I imagine since it's a Telltale game it doesn't and the only thing that changes are bits of dialogue, but I'm curious.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Songbearer posted:

The fact that every gaming site I've looked at (I know, I know) isn't raving about this series now it's come to its conclusion befuddles the everliving hell out of me. Life Is Strange is getting a ton of coverage but this is easily one of TTG's best games, nary a peep. Bizzare.

I think most people just haven't played this. It's fantastic, but a Telltale game in the Borderlands universe is probably a harder sell than Twin Peaks inspired teen drama. Both this and LiS are easily some of the best games I've played this year, it's a real shame that one of them is getting totally ignored.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
at the end of episode four, i said ok to jack but didn't do the prompt to plug the jack in my head. jack gets angry and forces me to do it and he has the "hahaha youre hosed" ending. then in the beginning of episode 5, it opened with the "you voluntarily chose to be president" opening alluding to a station-wide congratulations i've never heard and a nice jack

did this happen to anyone else?

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.

Toxxupation posted:

like realtalk if you enjoyed tales i would strongly recommend you play through Pre-Sequel, because it gives a bunch of fairly useful character flavor to a bunch of characters that are fairly major in Tales

Personally i think its gameplay is overall the strongest of the three borderlands games (the addition of low gravity and the oxygen thing adds a whole lot of verticality and flexibility to its combat) and, before Tales, it's the best written of the three games, able to turn Jack from the " completely monstrous joke of a human being" he was in 2 into "an rear end in a top hat, but one who had coherent reasons for why he was doing what he was doing even if they were horrible things he was doing". the grounding and pathos that makes Tales Jack so compelling was started in Pre-Sequel

plus, you can play as Athena. who owns.

ok, im going to second all this with my own personal addition that I think the level design of the pre-sequel was ... really bad and confusing. other than that it was easily the most fun of the series.

edit: with the exception of the dnd expansion, that had me grinning the whole time

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

dongsbot 9000 posted:

at the end of episode four, i said ok to jack but didn't do the prompt to plug the jack in my head. jack gets angry and forces me to do it and he has the "hahaha youre hosed" ending. then in the beginning of episode 5, it opened with the "you voluntarily chose to be president" opening alluding to a station-wide congratulations i've never heard and a nice jack

did this happen to anyone else?

Somebody else mentioned that happening

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Old Man Mozz posted:

ok, im going to second all this with my own personal addition that I think the level design of the pre-sequel was ... really bad and confusing. other than that it was easily the most fun of the series.

Pretty much.

The characters are the most fun to play as (outside of maybe Gaige and Krieg,) the O2 mechanics actually work well and are a lot of fun, having your character comment on the happenings really helps the story, progression is much better...

But the levels themselves and the quest design turns everything into a chore.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mokinokaro posted:

Pretty much.

The characters are the most fun to play as (outside of maybe Gaige and Krieg,) the O2 mechanics actually work well and are a lot of fun, having your character comment on the happenings really helps the story, progression is much better...

But the levels themselves and the quest design turns everything into a chore.

Exploring Helios was the highlight of the Pre Sequel, Elpis itself was fairly dull to explore.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I thought Elpis was a pain to explore because of the O2 system, honestly. I enjoyed exploring it on Claptrap.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Didn't the Pre-Sequel include some angry tweets that Anthony Burch made as dialogue?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just finished this. Fantastic, and best of the crop of CYOA Telltale games.

Fiona and Rhys better return as vault hunters in a future game, along with most of the cast. I'd really prefer another standard game instead of a goddamn MMO however.

I kinda hope we get at least a little hint of what happened to Fiona and Rhys at some point too.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

they'll probably make Borderlands/Borderworlds an MMO in the same way that guild wars 2 or Dark Souls or Destiny are 'MMOs'- largely single-player with a way to do most to all of its content in multiplayer, with maybe some high-end raids needing actual cooperative play

I sincerely doubt that BL3, if it is an MMO, which isn't even confirmed, is gonna be anything like Wow or some poo poo

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

Zeron posted:

I actually did save Yvette, the way I figured it is that while she may have betrayed me she did give me Loader Bot. Also whatever, betrayal happens everywhere and I got my revenge by going full blown Vasquez and threatening the poo poo out of her when in disguise

Also yeah, all the intros are really great.

Vaughn agreed to get Vasquez to shut up.

Yvette was pissed Vasquez (you) didn't bring back your head.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I just started this, bought it on the recent Steam sale. Enjoying it pretty much fine.

My one major issue is the sound mixing. It's pretty loving terrible. Is there any way to stop all the SFX from completely drowning out the dialogue half the time? There doesn't seem to be any kind of slider just for SFX or dialogue like there is one for music.

(Actually, did anyone else even have this problem. The only other example of a person having trouble is this dude)

(Oh, and I'm on PC).

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Why do people hate Anthony Burch exactly?

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Memes, tweets, feminism or cucking are the cited reasons.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

VagueRant posted:

He always shouts the pro-feminism stuff, and then he got cucked on, and now his ex-wife is married to a much better person. Also, Janey Springs is essentially his borderlands fanfiction character, with her character not having any other traits than "Australian, lesbian", and she pretty much did nothing in the Pre-sequel except for helping you right after you get shot out of Helios. Completely useless until she actually did stuff that made her likeable in Tales from the Borderlands.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

Completely useless until she actually did stuff that made her likeable in Tales from the Borderlands.

Really not seeing how she was any different from Scooter in this regard.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Scooter had interesting character quirks and was by no means a perfect character; you're supposed to find him disgusting and creepy, for as much as he's an ally (and practically a saint by Pandoran standards.)

Janey , on the other hand, had absolutely nothing interesting about her at all. She was about as exciting as dirt, and portrayed totally positively despite never really doing anything. That alone makes her feel horribly out of place in a Borderlands game.

The little shithead Oliver Twist kid was the one that drove me crazy though. It seemed like he was constantly getting shoved in your face and everything he did was supposed to be endearing, but all I ever wanted to do was feed him to a skag. Yeah, he was obviously the Pre-Sequel's take on Tiny Tina, but Tina actually managed to be funny and have some depth to her character here and there. What's His Face had none of that.

Backhand fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 25, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Open Source Idiom posted:

I just started this, bought it on the recent Steam sale. Enjoying it pretty much fine.

My one major issue is the sound mixing. It's pretty loving terrible. Is there any way to stop all the SFX from completely drowning out the dialogue half the time? There doesn't seem to be any kind of slider just for SFX or dialogue like there is one for music.

(Actually, did anyone else even have this problem. The only other example of a person having trouble is this dude)

(Oh, and I'm on PC).

Yes, it's annoying some times. I couldn't understand Gortys when she was talking over the radio to Fiona during the big dust storm, for example.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Hey could you guys not turn my thread into GBS immediately after the game is over? Thanks.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

VagueRant posted:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't really see why goons like that tweet much since IIRC the game he's talking about is Far Cry 3.

It's okay for a game to be silly and referential, in my opinion.

Edit: if people didn't skim that AMA then I like how Telltale admits the achievement names don't actually mean anything. Clever.

They also admitted that the cat statue in the Next Episode previews is another thing that never showed up. I was looking forward to how that would have made sense in context.

mycot fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 25, 2015

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

mycot posted:

I don't really see why goons like that tweet tweets much since IIRC the game he's talking about is Far Cry 3.

It basically embodies the fact that Anthony Burch is a whiner who thinks he's not getting the recognition he deserves for BL2, which has some of the most cringe-worthy game writing I've seen in a long time. He's just not terribly good at what he does and airs his bizarre life on twitter for everyone to make fun of. He's credited for TftB but I'd be surprised if he had any hand in writing it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

gigawhite posted:

It basically embodies the fact that Anthony Burch is a whiner who thinks he's not getting the recognition he deserves for BL2, which has some of the most cringe-worthy game writing I've seen in a long time. He's just not terribly good at what he does and airs his bizarre life on twitter for everyone to make fun of. He's credited for TftB but I'd be surprised if he had any hand in writing it.

He did some scenes, just like what all non main writers do. The scenes he definitely did were the one where Rhys returns to Helios and the eyeball scene.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

mycot posted:

He did some scenes, just like what all non main writers do. The scenes he definitely did were the one where Rhys returns to Helios and the eyeball scene.

Those were both Jack-heavy scenes so I imagine he, as the (presumed) creator of Handsome Jack would have written most of the Handsome Jack scenes. I'd imagine any time a character actually from the Borderlands games speaks he likely wrote their bits of dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

CharlesM posted:

Yes, it's annoying some times. I couldn't understand Gortys when she was talking over the radio to Fiona during the big dust storm, for example.

I assumed this was just interference from the storm.

• Locked thread