Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Androc
Dec 26, 2008

pre:
         [DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
1[    ][    ][    ][    ]
2[    ][    ][    ][    ]
3[CaRa][    ][    ][    ]
4[    ][    ][    ][    ]
Not in the back row to avoid being written off as a troublemaker, but otherwise as unobtrusive and unnoticeable of a seat as Caleb can manage. Plus, it's right next to the window. Caleb likes looking at the greenery outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
pre:
         [DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
2[    ][Chet][LìHa][    ]
3[    ][    ][SylL][    ]
Lì's always liked the middle - he's pretty good at tuning out distractions when he has to, and you never know when you'll overhear something juicy.

Sylvia Lucas sits directly behind him. He hadn't talked to her much, but apparently she's got a hookup if you want to buy weed. The first week, he noticed someone buying from her - she tried to act like she's a big shot dealer (and she probably is, relative to a bunch of sheltered freshmen), but smart money's on her 'source' being her stoner brother up in senior class. Of course, he wasn't going to say that out loud to the class, so instead he talked about Chester Havemeyer, who'd come up from the charter school and wanted to be a surgeon one day.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

pre:
[DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
2[    ][Chet][LìHa][    ]
3[CaRa][    ][SylL][LizW]
4[    ][    ][Mike][Mari]
Marina liked sitting in the back corner where she could observe the whole class and learn something from each of them.

Michael "call me Mike" Richardson was one of the scholarship boys and was generally polite and friendly to Marina, he was really great at science and that's probably how he got his scholarship. He'd been a big help in their 3rd period biology class, Marina had never even seen a frog before let alone know how to dissect one.

In front of her was Elizabeth "very definitely Elizabeth and not Liz or Beth" Worthington, Her dad was big on the New York Stock Exchange whatever that was and she looked down her nose at anyone whose parents earned less money than hers did. Marina had heard her sing though and she had the most glorious Soprano.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

pre:
         [DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
2[    ][    ][Cass][    ]
3[CaRa][    ][Mike][    ]
Groaning almost inaudibally during the lecture, Cassie thinks, Oh my God. I must of died in the accident, and this is Hell. It's the only explanation.

An even quieter snicker issues behind her, and the tall black kid behind her rolls his eyes at her rant, whispering "I don't need this class. Me talk good already." Cassie blinks in surprise but snickers after a second.

He doesn't keep talking after Dr. Coon throws a blood-curdling glare their direction. He keeps on grinning, though.

Between classes, they talk a bit and exchange numbers. He's already talking about going to the classic movie theater this weekend. They've got a Hammer Horror marathon this weekend!

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 30, 2014

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Whoops. Didn't f5 enough.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

pre:
[DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
1[    ][    ][    ][Cass]
2[    ][Chet][LìHa][John]
Revised seating chart. Cassie would probably want to sit closest to the door anyway.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Ricard, his posse, Christophe, and maybe some other straggler(s) show up to the Advisor Group fashionably late, many seats already filled.

I assigned MC highlights to everyone. You can get an experience point by triggering a move governed by one of your highlighted stats once per scene per stat. You guys get to assign one another's second highlights if you have the most strings on them: Christophe assigns Caleb's second highlight, Li does Cassie's, Ricard does Christophe's, Marina does Li's, Cassie does Marina's, and--in the spirit of fairness--Caleb does Ricard's.

Also, do people want separate ooc and game threads? I've gotten away with just gaming in the recruit thread the last few PbtA games I've run, so that's what I'm feeling.

pre:
          [DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
1[    ][    ][    ][Cass]
pre:
Name	Harm	HLts	Strings: PC|NPC							Conditions
CAL	0/4	H	cass, cris2,							none, yet
CASS	0/4	HV	mari2								none, yet
CRIS	0/4	H	cass, cal4, mari, ric, | ced, alex, bran			none, yet
LI	0/4	C	cal, cass2, cris, mari, ric, 					none, yet
MARI	0/4	CH	cass2, cris, li2						none, yet
RIC	0/4	CV	cass, cris3, 							none, yet
pre:
Name	Harm	Strings									Conditions
CONN	0/?	cris2,									none

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 30, 2014

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I'm fine with just using this thread, but I don't really care either way.

And I think our resident selkie is feeling a little Hot.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Well, I'm going to go ahead and tempt fate by highlighting Volatile for Cassie.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Should I have added some NPCs? The guy Caleb catches a ride with could theoretically be sitting near him. Though, he probably wouldn't want to.

I think things are coming to a head with Ricard, Volatile is highlighted.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Fine either way with one or two threads.

And I want to so see Li wrestle with Darkness

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Boom, game start

Caleb's carpool from downtown is with Dax, a sophomore. You guys went to public school together before SPA, where he bullied you, so it's little surprise that he's not driving you out of the goodness of his heart, but for scholarship money. Every day you sit tight in the small back seat of his Lexus coupe, while he talks with his little sister Lola, who's your age. You don't know what it's short for--maybe Charlotte or Delores--because big brother is always watching you in the rearview mirror. If you even think about raising your voice to participate in any conversation he draws a thumb across his throat, and if he even thinks you're checking her out when she gets out of the car before you or leans over to move the seat down so you can clamber over it, he shoves you hard.

When you get to your Advisor group, Lola sits behind you, and during the 'get to know one another' exercise--as Dr. Coon emphasizes, since 'each other' is only the correct expression for no more than two actors--your ride's little sister pipes up that the copier messed up her permission slip. The teacher goes to her computer to print a new copy and instructs you to pass her yours in the meantime. While you're turned around at your desk and she's leaning forward across hers, Dax walks into view from behind the window just as your hands are touching. He stops immediately, grimacing at you as he shakes his head once, slowly. Two clouds of steam appear on the window as he must have snorted. What are you gonna do?

On the other side of the classroom, by the open door. Some sophomore girls who were given a free period by their advisor watch Cassie flirt with John with disgusted looks on their faces. One says, "Look at the freshman, spreading their little wings... I give it a week," another, "Nah, she's gonna give it to him." The third gets them all snickering with, "You're both right. Her daddy's gonna be pissed about who's coming to dinner though, if he ever finds out." No one inside reacts to what they're saying, sitting together in the quad. What do you do?

In the back, after complimenting her soprano, Marina's personal space is being invaded by Elizabeth, who's turned to sit sideways and crossed her legs between you and Mike. She's bragging about how she's been training her voice since she lived in NYC, so you'd better not hold your breath if you want to get any of her solos in the choir. "You should still join though. Maybe you'll learn something--from me, not those talentless ASU grads who got their teaching jobs through connections." Those are Alan's students she's talking about, what do you do?

In the middle, Li gets a tap on the shoulder from Sylvia. "Nice face. Martial arts practice?" she jokes, then drops to a whisper too low for Dr. Coon to hear, "If you want something for the pain, I've got some 'aspirin.'" She winks at you. Chet butts in, saying "Yeah, man. PRINCE that poo poo-Protection, Rest, Ice, NSAIDs, Compression, and Elevation." She rolls her eyes at him, and pulls a face just for you, mocking him. What do you do?

pre:
          [DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
1[Cris][    ][    ][Cass]
4[Lola][    ][Mike][Mari]
pre:
CAL	0/4	HC	cass, cris2,							none, yet
LI	0/4	CD	cal, cass2, cris, mari, ric, 					none, yet
MARI	0/4	CH	cass2, cris, li2						none, yet
pre:
CONN	0/?	cris2,									none

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 30, 2014

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

Chris arrives fashionably late, but before Ms. Coon can skin him for it he produces a pass from the front desk stating that he was acting as a hall monitor and getting the new freshman to their correct rooms. The seats are mostly full, save for the front of the room, which is just fine for him. He's never minded being up front where everybody can see him. He takes his seat next to a framed and autographed poster of Noam Chomsky by the far wall. Ms. Coon includes the famous linguist's work into almost all of her lessons and Christophe knows for certain that the poster is one of her most prized possessions. Once he is seated Chris takes out his black and white composition book and starts to jot something down. He always has his comp book with him, and it is well known that he doesn't use it just for school work, but nobody has ever been able to get a look inside to see just was secrets he is always scribbling.

I'll take seat A1. Also I was to see Caleb show some sharp wit and shut some people down with Cold.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Lì Harris

Lì smiled and let the highly original 'martial arts' joke pass. "I'm fine - it looks worse than it is, really." He returned Sylvia's subtle eyeroll, then shot her a look and mouthed "after class?".

pre:

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb
Caleb tries not to give anything away during his brief, absolutely-platonic conversation with Lola (who he's pretty sure doesn't like him anyway) before slumping back down into his chair with a sigh. Why did these sorts of things always happen to him? Maybe he could find some excuse to stick around after school and take public transit home, that might give Dax some time to forget about it.

Caleb considered his options carefully.

Would it be possible to either move Caleb forward a row or Christophe back a row so they're adjacent? Speaking of which, Caleb might ask Christophe for a ride, but first we should get this straightened out:

Androc posted:

Sounds good. How would you want to characterize the relationship between Christophe and Caleb? How much does Caleb know, how mutual is it (vs Caleb just being a hanger-on or just thinking Christophe is cool from a distance), how intimate is it?

pre:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

"I'm always happy to learn more about music. If you can teach it I can learn it, If the grad students can teach it I can learn from them as well. I haven't been singing long so I need all the help I can get." Marina goes on with the intense focus concerning music that anyone who's spent more than five minutes with her will recognise she has.

Edit: Shutting her down I guess? Shutting down Liz: 2d6+1 8

applying the condition Out of your Depth because Marina doesn't recognise it as an insult and giving Elizabeth the condition Snob if that's ok?

pre:
MARI	0/4	CH	cass2, cris, li2					       Out of your Depth

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 1, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

You all can leave the statblocks to me and focus on fiction and rolling. Also there's no need to ask so nicely, Elizabeth's a loving snob.

When Caleb tries to or thinks too obviously about moving up by Christophe after he picks his front row seat, Dr. Coon firmly reminds him that she said no switching seats until everyone, including her, has memorized everyone's names. She's a stickler for the rules, what do you two do?

Sylvia cocks her head at Li at his wordless reply, raises an eyebrow, and mouths back her challenge "now." She smoothly excuses herself to the restroom. Coon hands her a hall pass that indicates the holder is cleared to go to the women's restroom. Chet pipes up afterwards to try to get the one for the men's. What's his deal? What do you do?

Liz suddenly gets tired of talking to Marina, but tries to get in the last word, "If you can't tell the difference between talents and hacks, you don't have a leg--" She uncrosses and recrosses her legs while turning back away from you, "--to stand on. Sometimes I forget how much some people have to learn..." Mike whistles a little, and whispers, "Don't see egos like that in biology. As a matter of fact, if my head swells up like that you have my permission to take the air out of it, okay, lab partner?" Elizabeth harrumphs, and Mike winces. Not quiet enough. What do you think of these idioms?

pre:
          [DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
1[Cris][    ][    ][Cass]
pre:
Name	Harm	HLts	Strings: PC|NPC							Conditions	XP
MARI	0/4	CxH	cass2, cris, li2						OOD,		1
pre:
Conn	0/?	cris2,									none
Eliz	0/4	none,									snob

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 4, 2014

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

Caleb tries to make a daring switch, but is quickly shut down by Dr. Coon. The Infernal turned half way in his seat and sees Caleb behind him, then offers a handsome, ever so enticing smile. He looks down at the empty seat between them and mocks a sad expression, then shrugs and mouths "sorry". Of course he knew he could have sat closer to Caleb, or anybody else for that matter, but he liked a little privacy in class. He liked it when everybody was looking at him, but not when they were looking over his shoulder.

Christophe isn't such a nice guy. He may seem like he is being nice, but that is only because there is something in it for him. He is a user and a egotist. He probably strings Caleb along with enough kindness to keep him seeking Christophe's approval, but with an equal amount of neglect to make him constantly in doubt. There may be some genuine affection between them, but Christophe has his own personal demons (har har) and doesn't truly believe anybody could really like him, so he keeps everybody at a distance. I don't mind if Caleb is just a hanger-on, or if they are legitimately involved intimately. Either works, so I'll leave that up to whatever you're comfortable with.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

slydingdoor posted:

Boom, game start
Sorry
pre:
          [DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
1[Cris][Alex][Brad][Cass]
2[Ric ][Chet][LìHa][John]
3[CaRa][Ced ][SylL][LizW]
Ricard casually strolls into class, with his gang saying hi to the students. "Man, a lot of new faces this year. You have your work cut out for you, Doc." Alex, one of the most studious students he knows, and Brad, bless him, take the two open seats front and center. Originally going to pick a seat in the back, Ricard notices Chris and decides that he can't leave Alex to his own, taking the seat behind Chris. Looking behind him. He notices Caleb. That boy didn't leave Chris's side once during orientation. If I want to learn more about Chris, I guess he'd be a good place to start.

He introduces himself to Caleb. Lobbing softball questions to the awkward boy. "Hey, I remember you from Orientation. Caleb, right? How you liking it so far? Ready for the year?" so forth and so on. "You know, I'm throwing a new school year party. Take advantage of the final summer nights. It's mostly going to be lifers and the sports teams but you and yours are invited if you want to come. Show them the invite and you'll be comped." Ricard hands an invitation to Caleb. "It's at this great restaurant, The Golden Calf." He then hands a few to his friends to hand out eventually giving them to the entire class.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 1, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì was surprised at the sudden challenge, but he's quick on his feet. Which is why when Chester starts to raise his hand, Lì put his hand on Chester's forearm, quick as a snake. "Hey, don't be a dick."

Shutting Someone: Shut Someone Down(?): 2d6+1 8

For conditions, Lì gets 'Grabby' and Chester gets 'Dick'.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 1, 2014

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

"Hey, just drop by if you want. We'll have a nice little chat and I'll introduce you to folks." He smiles but it comes off as just a little too rehearsed.

Roll to Turn on Caleb: 2d6+1 9

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb
"Oh!" Caleb is suddenly startled out of his reverie. "Um, yeah! Sure! Would it be alright if I invited Christophe?"

Poor Caleb wears his heart on his sleeve, and he doesn't even know it. When Christophe, so cool and in control, began showering him with attention, he was star-struck. He's become something of a hanger-on of Christophe, and follows him with a sort of puppydog affection that's a little bit more than purely platonic, not that Caleb has realized that yet. Christophe has, and shamelessly uses it as another means to manipulate him.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Visibly soured by Caleb mentioning that. He regains he composure. "Sure bud. Like I said, you and yours."

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb
After Ricard moves on, Caleb slides out of chair. Sure, Dax is still an rear end in a top hat, but everyone else in high school seems so friendly. Maybe things are gonna be alright after all.

A bit of that infectious energy colors his voice when he asks, "hey Christophe, there's this party that Ricard is hosting at the Golden Calf. It sounds like fun, do you want to come?"

Rolling to Turn On, since Caleb is being all cheerful and confident, 11.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Coon's eyes narrow as she glances between Li and Chet, "Figure it out between yourselves or both of you can wait until the bell." That's a ways off, what do you do? Reason with Chet, change your story, work on an excuse for Sylvia?

"Doc" also has words for Ricard, "Show some respect in my classroom, call me Dr. Coon." Your posse, and Victor, look at you expectantly. What do you do?

Lola socks Caleb on the shoulder, looking a little confused about his beeline for Christophe, "What about me? I like french food... you don't have to invite Dax." What do you do?

pre:
          [Coon]
   A     B     C     D
1[CRIS][Alex][Bran][CASS]
2[RIC ][Chet][LI  ][John]
3[CAL ][Ced ][SylL][LizW]
4[Lola][Vic ][Mike][MARI]
pre:
Name	Harm	HLts	Strings: PC|NPC							Conditions	XP
CAL	0/4	HxC	cass, cris3,							none, yet	2
CASS	0/4	HV	mari2								nosey	
CRIS	0/4	H	cass, cal4, mari, ric,						none, yet	
LI	0/4	CxD	cal, cass2, cris, mari, ric, 					grabby		2
MARI	0/4	CxH	cass2, cris, li2						OOD,		1
RIC	0/4	CxV	cal, cass, cris3, | ced, alex, bran, coon			none, yet	1
pre:
Conn	0/?	cris2,									none
Eliz	0/4	none,									snob
Chet	0/4	none,									dick
Jenn	0/4	none,									judgmental
VVV

Jennifer's eyes widen for a second--you weren't supposed to hear that--then she shouts back, "Ugh, mind your own business!" She and her friends exchange omgs and walk off, no doubt to spread rumors about you. John finally reacts, "What, they say something?" He's right next to you but didn't hear a thing apparently. "Better watch what I say around you, eh, Cassie?" he says under his breath. Is he messing with you? He doesn't smile... What do you do?

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 1, 2014

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

Looking the last one up and down, Cassie recognizes her from the meet and greet. Jennifer. Definitely a solid case of horrifying adoration for Dr Coon, but also a gossip to boot. What a piece of work.

Cassie tilts her head, casting a sidelong look out the door while stage-whispering, "You know I might actually care about what you thought if you weren't, like, maybe a few months older than me, right?"

Cassie coolly leans back, waiting for the fireworks to start.

Shut them down: 2d6-1 7

Going to give her the condition "Judgmental"

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì pulled Chester to the side. "Look, what's your deal here? I haven't done anything to you."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Chet sheds your grip and raises his palms and his voice to push you away and draw other people's attention, "Hey, when you gotta go you gotta go! So be a bro, and wait your turn." He's either feigning innocence or is actually innocent. Either way people are giving him sympathetic looks and you more accusatory ones on account of your grabbiness. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

You don't get to being the most popular boy in school picking fights with a teacher.

"I am profoundly sorry, Dr. Coon. I had no intention to offend. I merely felt that you should be aware that most of the students now in your guidance are new to Squaw Peak and announce my sympathies in the challenge of introducing a copious amount of students to a new system."

Ricard gives a wink to Alex, mouthing, thank you.

Shut down Dr. Coon: 2d6+1 12

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 1, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Coon looks a little flustered as you lay it on thick, "That's quite enough, Ricard Reyes. Apology accepted." Victor, your posse, and you exchange shiteating grins.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

"Actually, you know what? That's fine. I'll wait." Lì is suddenly entirely conciliatory and apologetic - the more bigoted students probably thought he was going to bow or something. "I'm sorry, I was being a dick."

Lì looked like he'd been roughed up recently, and standing, Chester towered over him. Lì stood aside and quietly took his seat.

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+3 11

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 1, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Chet gets the pass for the men's bathroom and gives it to you. "Don't mention it." Looks like the play worked!

You meet Sylvia outside the women's restroom, she glances around for onlookers and motions you inside. You're alone together. She magics a joint out of her sleeve theatrically, jokes, "First one's on me, got a light?" then draws a match behind your ear, lights it and takes one long pull deep into her lungs that turns the whole thing to ash. It smells intoxicating, like a forest in bloom. Then she wordlessly caresses your injured face, takes you by the chin and gently pulls you close. She wants to share a smokey breath with you. What do you do?

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 4, 2014

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb

"Oh, yeah, you should definitely come! But, uh" Caleb thinks fast on how to avoid getting stuffed into a locker, "I mean, why not invite him too, right? Cause I mean, you know how Dax gets..."

He fakes a laugh. Badly.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Lola puts a hand on her hip and says, "Huh? How does Dax get?"

Chet, whose legs are crossed a little tight, chimes in, "Yeah, how does Dax get? Who's Dax?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

A look of confusion flashes over Cassie's face. He didn't hear? Did I gently caress up? Maybe I should have just ignored it?

She figures he's a nice enough guy though, so she's just going to be honest with him. "They were being just bitchy. After all, they're sophomores and thus know so much more than us lowly freshmen." She flashes him a smile while looking at the party invitation that was dropped on their desks. "So, were you thinking of going?"

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì moved in as if for a kiss...and then went past her lips and further down. With a practised motion, his fangs extended and he plunged them into her neck. As he drew blood from her, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders to keep her from losing her balance, and without taking his fangs out, walked her into a stall. A few more seconds of contact, and he was sated. For now. He released her, and sat her down on the toilet. Sylvia looked up at him a little dazedly - the bite would keep her out of it for a while longer, and that was on top of the weed. More importantly, she wouldn't remember what had happened, and the fang marks on her neck were already closing.

He left her in the stall, and checked himself in the mirror to make sure nothing was out of place. He felt great, and the bruising on his face looked like it was fading a little faster than before. It'd be gone by tomorrow. Licking a little speck of blood from his lips, he kicked the joint discarded joint under the stall with Sylvia, and headed back to class.

The Feeding triggers, so that's one experience marked, and of the menu, I'll pick "you carry 1 forward" "and they don’t die".

Turn Someone On: 2d6+2 5

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 1, 2014

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb
"Uh, well, you know... it would be rude not to invite him if you're coming, right? I mean, I hear the food there is supposed to be really good, he wouldn't want to miss out."

It's a bullshit dodge, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Now that Caleb thought about it, though, Lola always had seemed particularly sensitive about efforts by her family or brother to cut her off from others. Maybe there was something there.

Hold steady; ask a question (what does Lola think of her brother?) and gain 'terrified'.

Androc fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 1, 2014

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

The gently caress does he think he's doing? Chris thought with a private scowl as he watched Ricard swoop and in and get all tender with Caleb. Oh no, that does not fly. Ric has his own little band of suck-ups and fakers. He doesn't get to step in on Christophe's territory. His grip was hard to shake loose though, and a slim smile painted his face when Caleb immediately asked if he could invite Chris. When the kid finally slipped out of his seat and came over Chris gave him cool, lazy smile. "A party? Ya, sure. Sounds like fun. How about we go together? I can come pick you up before hand." There ya go, Chris. Give him a little. Make him feel special. Let him feel like you care more than Ric.

Lola jumped in and distracted Caleb further, but that was fine. He needed a free minute anyway. He had a question for the Connoisseur. If Ric wanted to squeeze in on his business then he would do the same. All he needed to do was spark up a little small talk. Christophe turned to Alex, one of Ric's flunkies, and gave him a charming smile. "Hey, how was your break man? You got out a lot, it looks like. Gotta love this tanning weather. You excited for the start of the season? I know I'm really excited to come out and watch."

I'm going to engage Alex in a little conversation and use Uncanny Voices to learn one of his secrets. I'm hoping for a fetish. The Connoisseur gains a String on me. Also, Ricard, did you ever give me my second highlighted stat?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Man, I guessed that Caleb and Chris were friends but man, that bee line? I've seen cheerleaders with more discretion. Can I really use him for info? Oh well, seems that other people have caught on. I'll let that play out and ask A and C to fill me in later. I see my boys work fast, everyone on the right side of the room has one.

Overhearing Cassie asking someone if their going,

"You should go, I'd be fun. Plus, it'll help you new faces get acquainted with us 'lifers'." Ricard makes air quotes.
"I might be getting ahead of myself. Hello, I'm Ricard. I'm throwing a party this Saturday."

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard
OOC: sorry, I guess I didn't. I'll drop that on Cold.
With Uncanny voices, you find out that Alex is attracted to Richard.
Alex mostly nods and gives one words answers.

• Locked thread