Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

While most of the others are a bit more cautious, Cassie dashes for the line and snatches a ball before jogging back. While ducking a poorly thrown ball, she takes aim at Chet but "slips" while she's throwing it. Instead of flying straight, it slams into the ground and rockets into Chet's chin, laying him out.

While giving a coy shrug, Cassie says, completely seriously, "Oops."

The best part is, since the ball bounced off the ground, he's not even out of the game. Cassie keeps an eye out for a free ball, eager to keep playing.

Lashing out at Chet, Mark XP, +1 String on Chet: 2d6+2 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Cassie, while Chet lies there shocked and staring at you, Lola takes aim at him. There's no way he can dodge or catch it in his condition, but if she gets him out you won't get to gently caress with him anymore until someone on his team catches someone on your team out, which would put them out and him back in. What do you do?

pre:
          [Pale]
Team1: [CASS]      [John]      [CRIS]            [Eliz][Lola]      [CAL ]
Team2:       [Chet]      [LI  ]      [MARI][RIC ]            [Mike]      [Sylv]
Out: Chet, John, MARI, CASS, CAL, CRIS
Taken aside by Pale: RIC
pre:
Name	Harm	HLts	Strings: PC|NPC						Conditions		XP
CAL	0/4	HxCx	cass, cris3,						twerp			4
CASS	0/4	HxVx	mari, | john, chet,					nosey, nippy		4
CRIS	1/4	HxC	cass, cal4, mari, ric,					dead meat		3
LI	0/4	CxD	cal, cass2, cris2, mari, ric, 				drained			4
MARI	1/4	CxH	cass2, cris, li2,					OOD, going down		4
RIC	0/4	CxV	cal, cass, cris3, | ced, alex, bran, coon,		terrified, headshot	3
pre:
Name	Harm	Strings								Conditions
Conn	0/?	cris3,								
Eliz	0/4	cass,								snob, tightwad
Chet	1/4	none,								dick
Jenn	0/4	none,								judgmental
Sylv	0/4	li,								
John	0/4									outclassed
Alex	1/4	cris,								intimidated

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 2, 2014

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Doesn't Ricard have to decide his response to Turn On before teams are final?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I ruled that it was aimed at Lola, since she's the one that wants to be included in stuff and might have a crush on Caleb that would let him trigger turn on.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

The intent was Ricard (since he can still choose whether to actually be on Caleb's team or not, and might not due to not liking Christophe), but if one is merited for Lola as well, here you go: 7.

Or did you mean that Ricard wasn't a valid target in the first place?

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

Chris reappeared in gym after his trip to the disciplinary office. He wasn't the strongest or fastest guy in school, although he was certainly fit. Most people might not think a guy like Christophe would be into gym class, but he actually really enjoyed it. Gym was an opportunity to just mess around and have fun. Sort of a break in the seriousness of the rest of the day. He dashed forward towards a lightly defended side and snatched up two balls. On his way back he nimbly jumped over a shot aimed at his legs, then tossed one of his two rubber balls to Caleb with a smile.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Nah, I just thought your first roll was for Lola in the event that it was needed, meaning that she was the sole target of turn on. Now that you mention it, though, the fiction seems a little thin to trigger a Turn On vs Ricard in particular. Lola has that other context stuff I mentioned.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

slydingdoor posted:

Cassie, while Chet lies there shocked and staring at you, Lola takes aim at him. There's no way he can dodge or catch it in his condition, but if she gets him out you won't get to gently caress with him anymore until someone on his team catches someone on your team out, which would put them out and him back in. What do you do?

While she'd like to be the one to get him out, it's fine. He lied to get her in trouble; she smacked him good. As far as she's concerned, they're even, now. She looks over to John to see how he's holding up.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Fair enough. Is Lola's response just giving something Caleb wants by joining his team?

ilootthecorpse posted:

Christophe
Sort of a break in the seriousness of the rest of the day. He dashed forward towards a lightly defended side and snatched up two balls. On his way back he nimbly jumped over a shot aimed at his legs, then tossed one of his two rubber balls to Caleb with a smile.
Caleb
Caleb catches the ball with a grin, then narrowly scrambles out of the way of a shot. He isn't quite athletic, but he's quick enough on his feet; acting mostly on reflex, Caleb pegs the ball at Li.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Androc posted:

Fair enough. Is Lola's response just giving something Caleb wants by joining his team?
Yeah.

Sylvia grabs two balls, giving one to Li and lazily missing Caleb with the other before the latter takes aim at the former. Mike tries to grab two too, one for himself and and one for Marina, but Elizabeth gets there first, taking two balls for just herself and using both to try to take out John. He dodges the first one fine, but is set up perfectly for her second shot unless someone intervenes. "Pride cometh before a fall," she remarks pretentiously. Since Chet's bounced across the line after he got laid out, there's no ball left for Marina, so biology Mike holds his ball in both hands, gets in front of Marina and tries to bounce them away from her and himself. What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Marina nods a thanks to Mike as the balls bounces off of his ball in an impresive display of athleticism. Snagging one of the loose balls she throws one back harder than she intends towards Cristophe on the other team. The ball bounces hard off the polished floor and flies straight at Christophe.

2d6 -1 Volatile Pelting Christophe: 2d6-1 9 they can deal 1 harm to you for free

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 1, 2014

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

He is mid-windup, getting ready to throw a shot at Elizabeth, when Marina bounces one hard off of the deck and straight up into his gut. He makes a muffled Ooof! and curls up, narrowly missing another shot aimed at his head. Marina's shot bounced off the floor though, so he wasn't out. He still had a ball in hand, so Christophe narrowed his gaze at Marina and flung a side-armed shot back at her, aimed right for the bread basket. Eye for an eye and all that.

I'll give you that harm by way of dodge ball, special delivery to your gut ^.^

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

The ball hits Marina hard in the stomach and the shock is enough to cause her to stagger forward over the line. Leaving her out. Retiring to the sidelines she gives her stomach a rueful rub and thinks there'll be bruises there tomorrow and waits for a chance to get back into the game.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Chet the pre-med brodawg says to Marina from the sidelines, "I'm gonna go get myself an ice pack, you want one? I can show you how to use it."

poo poo that reminds me. Christophe, what was the task you set Marina on when you stole her pelt?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

Seeing a chance to get back in John's good graces and make a killer play, Cassie charges towards Elizabeth. The other girl panics, forgetting that Cassie can't actually cross the line on the ground. Unfortunately, Cassie doesn't expect Elizabeth to actually have an arm on her and gets a dodgeball in the gut for her trouble. Her knees buckle for an instant, but she's able to make it to the sidelines without collapsing.

slydingdoor posted:

Chet the pre-med brodawg says to Marina from the sidelines, "I'm gonna go get myself an ice pack, you want one? I can show you how to use it."

She joins Marina on the sidelines and snorts when Chet makes a pass at her. "'Show her how to use it?' It's an ice pack. You put it on the part that hurts. If you just want to feel her up, have the balls to ask."

Manipulating Elizabeth, Mark XP: 2d6+1 6

Shut Chet Down because he's a dick: 2d6 5

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 1, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Elizabeth gloats at Cassie, "Don't worry, you'll be together soon. Shame about your taste, but I guess at least you have something in common, hm?"

Chet, having come back with the cold packs, looks taken aback by your remark, at first, then his eyes harden, "Pssh, you just wish someone was around who'd even want to touch--" he gestures to the gestalt of your body, "--that."

One of cold packs bursts during the gesture, drenching your white gym top in freezing cold. Chet looks shocked but intrigued by the turn of events, then his expression turns to disgust when the smell of it hits him. Ammonia, gross.

What do you do?

They both take a string on you. Chet spends his to give you the condition "nippy, but stinky."

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 1, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì almost dropped the ball Sylvia tossed him. On top of the really complicated ongoing situation with her, he wasn't really that great at dodgeball to begin with. Or gym in general, really. But, a grade was a grade, and he had to at least show willing if he didn't want to drag down his real marks too much. He lobbed a ball at Ricard - a textbook shot without much force, aimed roughly at waist level.

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 10

I'm going to remove "Grabby"

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 2, 2014

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

The freezing liquid plasters her uniform against her, putting her athletic build on clear display for anyone paying attention. Marina catches the blast of ammonia but, unlike Chet, finds it more palatable. It smells like home cooking, and the cool waft of air reminds her of the deep, dark waters of home.

As combination of interest and disgust mingle on Chet's face, Cassie's cheeks flush red in anger and humiliation. She walks past him, slamming her shoulder into his as she walks by, just daring him to keep talking. The coach begins to protest, but an glare of frozen rage causes him to gesture towards the showers.

Escaping from Chet, God what an Dick: 2d6+3 15
Turn on Marina, reminding her of home since she's Out Of her Depth: 2d6+1 9
Also going to spend a string on Marina to get her to try and hurt Chet somehow. There's delicious XP in it for you!

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 2, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Marina turns to Chet and says "Watch it you clumsy idiot, you could hurt someone,moron." She snarls as she stalks after an enraged Cassie. Something about the way Cassie moves, rage and power in fluid motion and smelling of home sends a flutter through her stomach that she's reasonably sure has nothing to do with the bruises. "Come on Cassie I can give you a hand to clean up. I have a spare towel in my bag." Nodding to the coach she asks "can I be excused to help my friend?"

Marina is turned on. And I just can't say no to free xp!

Calling Chet an Idiot (shut down): 2d6+1 5

Unfortunately my dice can!

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Mr. Pale says, "Sure," to Marina, but then he catches himself and follows it up with a little more suspicious, "Be back in five minutes though!" Chet cracks, "I bet that's all they need," to a taunting wolf whistle from Elizabeth.

John looks concerned, since first his date's run off god knows where with Ricard, and now there she goes with Marina! Elizabeth uses the moment of his distraction to take him out. Cassie, you turn the corner into the girls' locker room with Marina while he takes the walk of shame to sit next to Chet, who you hear taunting him for having seen his date's tits first.

What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

Cassie is in such a rush to get out, she doesn't hear Marina's request. She does hear Chet and Elizabeth, and the blood already pounding in her ears howls in rage. Oh, she was willing to bury the hatchet before, but now?
She was going to kill them. That's all there was to it.

That pleasant thought bouncing around her head, she gets to the communal girl's showers and turns the nearest few on to blisteringly hot. Kicking off her shoes and socks, she leaves the rest of her clothes on as she steps in. The heat feels delicious, banishing the bitter cold of the ammonia, but as it washes off, the water kicks up the stench into the shower mist that's now flowing out of the showers. She feels herself start to relax and even begins to hum a little. She hears the door close, and the music dies in her throat. Peeking around the corner of the showers with water dripping off her face and hair, Cassie sees the swimmer girl enter the locker room.

Not sure what else to say, Cassie says, "Uh... hi."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Marina steps into the girls changing room door clanging shut behind her and sees a discarded gym shirt on one of the benches and hears the showers turn on and Cassie's voice start to hum a tune she's unfamiliar with. Seeing Cassie poke her head around the shower hair still damp from the shower. Marina blushes and says "Umm.. hi, I thought you might need a hand to clean up and it was kind of my fault Chet sprayed you with that thing. I thought I'd give you a hand." Marina turns and roots through her gym kit bag to hide her blush and says. "I have a spare towel in here and you can borrow some of my deodorant if you like."

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 2, 2014

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Capfalcon posted:

Cassie

Frowning at the door, she curses as she tries again, wrenching the handle. Hard. Something snaps in the lock, and the door swings free. Cassie bolts out the now open door.

Uncontainable: 2d6+2 13

"gently caress. You'd think we could afford good doors. You know someone is going to have to pay for that." Ricard writes off Cassie breaking the door as a fault of the door.

"Hey, don't sprint off! We need to talk! gently caress. What is with this day?" he starts to walk towards the gym.

Ricard's thoughts linger on what they talked about. Christopher insinuating that Alex was attracted to me.

"Alex, gay? No." He says quietly to himself. He couldn't be gay, "he has a girlfriend." Maybe Chris was confused that the Kings are actually nice to each other and mistook it as something else.

Androc posted:

Caleb

Taking advantage of his spot near the end of the crowd coming out of the locker room, Caleb slides into a spot on Christophe's team. He also gestures to Ricard and Lola to try to get them on his team.

Sure, Ricard doesn't like Christophe, but does he really want to be the guy that pelts the awkward kid with dodgeballs?
Turn On at 8.

When Ricard reaches the Gym, Dodge ball time, this'll be fun.
Caleb flashes a smile and gestures for him to join his side. It was an earnest smile, very unlike his 'rehearsed because your never going to know when someone wants a picture' smile. It made him feel warm inside. Walking over, he could sense that Caleb didn't want to play this game. Caleb mumbles out memories from his middle school days.

"Look, right now, the last person I want to be on any team with is Chris. I'm sorry but I won't be teaming up with you. But, I will not target you and try to have my team target other players. If it comes down to you and me, I'll let you take me out, okay?" Ricard gives a smile before walking to the other side. Trading spaces with Elizabeth.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Marina, songs don't sound all that different just being hummed, what do you think Cassie's sounds like?

Also, the both of you recall Pale yelling at some swimmers not to step on the new court floor soaking wet. You two--especially Cassie--have spare gym clothes, right? Otherwise he's already given you one warning... What do you do?

Ricard, Elizabeth says to you, "Lifers make the rules," and tags your hand as you two switch sides. Li's shot misses you on the way. Now that you've stepped up, you recognize that you're the captain of your team, and Elizabeth is the lifer captain of hers. Everyone else is just your two's pawns. How's the field look? What's your game plan?

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 7, 2014

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Ferrosol posted:

Marina

Marina steps into the girls changing room door clanging shut behind her and sees a discarded gym shirt on one of the benches and hears the showers turn on and Cassie's voice start to hum a tune she's unfamiliar with. Seeing Cassie poke her head around the shower hair still damp from the shower. Marina blushes and says "Umm.. hi, I thought you might need a hand to clean up and it was kind of my fault Chet sprayed you with that thing. I thought I'd give you a hand." Marina turns and roots through her gym kit bag to hide her blush and says. "I have a spare towel in here and you can borrow some of my deodorant if you like."

Cassie feels her blood begin to scream again, how dare she interrupt Cassie. But, seeing the swimming girl, concerned, embarrassed, but still trying to help, she can't bear to snap at her. Instead she smiles and says, "Uh, thanks. I have some of my own stuff, but thanks. I appreciate it."

Cassie leans out of the grabs her own towel, not wanting to get the ammonia stink all over the girl's towel. She's calmed down a bit, and she doesn't smell nearly as fishy. Short of jumping in a vat of perfume, she's not sure there's much she can do about it now. An evil grin spreads across Cassie's face as she remembers that Elizabeth has cheerleading practice after school, Cassie pretends to rummage around in her bag but snatches the other girl's gym clothes to wear out. She starts to change before remembering she has an audience now. Blushing furiously, she walks around the lockers while changing. Feeling the quiet is a bit too uncomfortable, she says, "So, you go swimming a lot, right? I, uh, saw you a few times at the pool in the morning."

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

I tell my team that Caleb is the lowest priority target. "I'll take him personally." he lies.

He takes a bunch of 'near-misses' (Read: clearly aiming at other people) most of them going towards Chris. He's not really playing, he has too much on his mind to actually try but he is still an athlete.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Cassie's humming was odd, not tuneless exactly but certainly a style Marina had never heard of yet it sounds almost familiar from somewhere, A pop song? of some sort perhaps? Alan tended to regard modern pop music as bereft of anything worth studying so she was not as familiar with modern music as she'd like.

Marina is so lost in her thoughts she barely notices Cassie come out of the shower. Hearing the question from the other side of the lockers she turns and says "Yeah, I'm thinking about trying out for the schools swim team but I still feel kinda awkward swimming in a pool. Most of my previous swimming experience was um, in a different sort of environment and I'm still getting used to it. So I prefer to get my swimming practice out of the way before the pool gets too crowded. What about you?" she queries Cassie.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 2, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì was acquitting himself quite decently on the floor. Sure, he wasn't doing well in any objective sense, but he conveyed energy and enthusiasm and other 'e' words that gym teachers liked. It was that energetic stance that betrayed him - a ball came sailing at him, Lì tried to weave to the right, but didn't notice that Ricard was standing right there. Lì barreled right into the star athlete, almost knocking him over. They had to grab each other for balance, and for a moment, they were close enough to feel one another's breath on each other.

Then Lì regained his balance and backed off. "Oh god, I'm sorry!" He gave Ricard an apologetic smile. No hard feelings, right?

Turn Someone On (Ricard): 2d6+2 10

Lì gets a string on Ricard.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Green Bean posted:

Lì was acquitting himself quite decently on the floor. Sure, he wasn't doing well in any objective sense, but he conveyed energy and enthusiasm and other 'e' words that gym teachers liked. It was that energetic stance that betrayed him - a ball came sailing at him, Lì tried to weave to the right, but didn't notice that Ricard was standing right there. Lì barreled right into the star athlete, almost knocking him over. They had to grab each other for balance, and for a moment, they were close enough to feel one another's breath on each other.

Then Lì regained his balance and backed off. "Oh god, I'm sorry!" He gave Ricard an apologetic smile. No hard feelings, right?

Becoming suddenly tangled with players is nothing new. But most plays don't end up like this. Li is quite the handsome fellow and being face to face is quite the situation. But Ricard knows how to no-sell.

Hold Steady to not show getting turned on: 2d6+1 9
Keeps calm, removes Narcissist, takes terrified.

He feels a heat rush over his body. OH GOD NO. I DON'T FEEL THIS WAY WITH BOYS. I'M ALL FOR BOYS AND BOYS BUT NOT ME AND BOYS. Ricard's face for his entire freakout is flat.

Li's apology knocks him out of it, "Ah," he squeaks out, "yeah. Apology accepted. No hard feelings, nothing hard at all."

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 2, 2014

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb

"CATCH!"

Taking advantage of Li's sudden distraction, Caleb wings a dodgeball straight at the center of his body. Unfortunately his aim is off and it bounces off Ricard's head, sending him staggering.

"Oh, sh... Sorry!" His apology is sincere, but Caleb isn't quite able to hide his happiness at actually getting somebody out at dodgeball when he turns away and high-fives Christophe.

Shutting down Ricard; Ricard gains the condition "styled on by an awkward nerdling" and Caleb gains the condition "twerp."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

BallisticClipboard posted:

Ricard

Becoming suddenly tangled with players is nothing new. But most plays don't end up like this. Li is quite the handsome fellow and being face to face is quite the situation. But Ricard knows how to no-sell.

He feels a heat rush over his body. OH GOD NO. I DON'T FEEL THIS WAY WITH BOYS. I'M ALL FOR BOYS AND BOYS BUT NOT ME AND BOYS. Ricard's face for his entire freakout is flat.

Li's apology knocks him out of it, "Ah," he squeaks out, "yeah. Apology accepted. No hard feelings, nothing hard at all."

There's clearly something up with Ricard, but the athlete's no-sell pokerface stopped Lì from picking up on it. So he nodded gratefully and just said "Thanks." Still, Ricard's reaction gave him an angle he could work later, and Lì filed that away for now.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Androc posted:

Caleb

"CATCH!"

Taking advantage of Li's sudden distraction, Caleb wings a dodgeball straight at the center of his body. Unfortunately his aim is off and it bounces off Ricard's head, sending him staggering.

"Oh, sh... Sorry!" His apology is sincere, but Caleb isn't quite able to hide his happiness at actually getting somebody out at dodgeball when he turns away and high-fives Christophe.

Shutting down Ricard; Ricard gains the condition "styled on by an awkward nerdling" and Caleb gains the condition "twerp."

Ricard is definitely slammed back into reality. It didn't hurt but he was caught off guard. He glances over at Caleb celebrating. Well gently caress he thinks heading towards the sidelines, visibly angry. The head, he went for my head. No, that isn't going to fly. I promised not to tag him and that's what happens? Chris probably told him to do it. Caleb really doesn't seem the type to. He did say he was pelted in middle school. Yeah. It was probably Chris. Today is a bad day.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

Chris can't help but laugh when Caleb ricochets a ball directly off of Ricard's head. He gives a mirthful smile and joins Caleb in an Up High, then comes back around for the Down Low--Top Gun style. This was almost like volleyball, right? Maybe not. Either way, Caleb isn't quite on board for the combo though, so instead of catching his hand on the way down Chris catches him right on the rear end. Whoops. Oh well, laugh it off. Christophe smirks at Caleb over his shoulder and scoops up another ball from the floor. "Nice play, dude!"

I have gremlins right now. Orokos won't let me log in. Slidingdoor, could you roll 2d6-1 for me to turn Caleb on?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Pale blows a whistle at Caleb, "Illegal shot to the head! You're out!" You'll have to chill with John and Chet, who's still talking about his little accident with the cooling pack, "Man, too bad these gym clothes don't have pockets, or I could've had my phone and taken a picture, eh guys?"

Having dispensed justice, the gym teacher walks over to Ricard lowers his voice and does some risk assessment and control, "You okay? Might want to take a break from PE, wouldn't be good for the school if you were to get injured accidentally. Say, maybe I could work something out with your study hall supervisor so you can assist me, if you want to hang out with your friends."

Turn on Caleb: 2d6 5 I thought you deserved a +1 from drawing on Caleb's 'twerp' condition, too.

While Pale's talking to your rival, Christophe, your high five routine goes even more awry than you know. The knot on Caleb's shorts must have been improperly tied or something, because they start to fall down right when you accidentally grab his rear end. It's a deeper clap than that of hand-striking-hand, and draws everyone's attention. They all bust out laughing, or gasp, or whistle, but not Pale. Pale starts blowing on his whistle so hard that he accidentally spits it across the court, scuffing his precious floor and probably deforming the tin whistle, too. "Ex--Excessive celebration, you're out!" There's a pause as he realizes you'll still be together, then he amends his decree, "Christophe, you sit over there!" and separates you from Caleb.

Chet bellows out in brovoice, "GAY!" amusing himself at least.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb

Caleb jerks away from the strike in shock spinning on Christophe with a look of confusion that lingers just a beat longer than the situation warrants. He suddenly seems to remember where he is, and his face goes beet-red. He walks to the sideline as directed.

...And then speeds up, making a break for the door!

Caleb wants to peace out and he wants to do it yesterday. On a 9 to Run Away, he is absolutely causing a big scene.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Cue flashback!

quote:

The school was almost deserted at this hour, and of course that is what Marina wanted. It was hard being away from the Deep for so long, but swimming alone in the pool gave her time to think and reminisce about her home. She dove deep, held her breath long, and swam fluidly through the chlorinated water for hours before finally retiring to the locker room. She was ready to shower, change, and go home but something was wrong. Her bag wasn't exactly how she had left it. It was in nearly in the same position, but seemed less...full. Oh no! She tore into her bag, throwing towels and spare clothes everywhere, but what she sought was not there. Her pelt was gone.

"I knew there was something different about you." Christophe appeared from behind a row of lockers, smiling maliciously. What was he doing in the girls' locker room? How did he know about her pelt? Really, it didn't much matter. Nobody was here but the two of them, and he obviously knew about her secret.

"Where is it!" she demanded, doing her best to hide her fear.

"Somewhere," he responded cooly, smirking. "But you won't ever see it again. Not unless you do a little something for me..."

Poor Marina. She felt like she had been torn in half. Her pelt, her true self, he other half was gone and in the hands of this...this monster. "W-what do you want?" she asked, doing her best to keep her voice from shaking.

"It's simple, really. I need somebody to fall in love." He leaned against the wall and casually check the nails on his right hand, seeming as though he had totally forgotten about her for a moment. "Ricard Reyes. He's too full of himself, and he needs to be taken down a notch. So, if you ever want your pelt back you're going to make him fall for you." He smiled wickedly. "And then you're going to break his poor little heart. When he's shattered, then I'll give your pelt back. Do you understand?"

She did, and as much as she wanted to refuse, she had no choice but to obey. "Fine," she conceded, hugging herself tightly. "But you promise you'll give it back?"

Christophe nodded, looking almost friendly. "Oh course. I'm a man of my word..."

There ya go Marina. That's what Chris wants before he gives your pelt back.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Caleb, your shorts fall down again and, although you catch them, you end up stumbling and knocking over a container full of more dodgeballs on your way out, sending them all over the court. At least they cover your escape. Where do you go? You gonna spend the rest of the day in your sweaty gym clothes?

Now that the court's a minefield of red rubber balls, Mike ends up stumbling over one up in time to get toe shot by Elizabeth.

Now it's the final four, Li, and getting to the end of the period, so Pale calls for no more reinstatement from catching: Elizabeth and Lola have been doing work on one side, while you and Sylvia have just been lying low. She turns to you and says, "You want to pitch, or catch? Me, I just want this to all be over so I can get a drink."

Across the court, the firing squad of Lola and Elizabeth are both double fisting balls and ready to put you both out of your misery. What do you do?

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì had not intended to last this long in the game; he had felt exhausted before the period started, and he'd been running ragged just keeping up. He too needed a drink, though unlike Sylvia he actually knew how to quench it. He nodded in agreement with her. "Let's finish this." He picked up a few of the balls, and threw them a little haphazardly. They went wide, and left him quite open for a counter.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Li, Elizabeth dodges both of your shots and effortlessly takes you out with hers. "gently caress it," says Sylvia, who doesn't even bother picking one up. Lola tosses Elizabeth a ball and the two of them throw simultaneously. Even though she catches Lola's, Elizabeth's hits her in the knee, ending the game. The lifer smirks and congratulates Dax's little sister, "Nice team play, new girl. You'll go far." Lola smiles genuinely, happy to be included and praised by someone competent.

Pale claps and calls out, "Winners, you're dismissed." That's Christophe, John, Elizabeth, and Lola. "Everyone else, pick up all these balls! Whoever finds my whistle is also dismissed early." That's everyone who remains: Chet, Li, Mike, and Sylvia.

Ricard doesn't even have to be here and was pulled aside anyway, so he also gets early dismissal.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb

Caleb runs without thinking and ends up behind a rarely used stairway. His clothes. Of course he'd forgotten his clothes, and his backpack too. He couldn't go to his next class like this, and he couldn't just cut school- he'd never done it in his life, and Mom would kill him if he got an absence on his record right after barely being accepted to Squaw Peak in the first place. It was his own fault, thinking that he could get through even a single day without becoming a loving laughingstock. And Christophe, why would he do that? Did he actually plan on setting Caleb up just to humiliate him this entire time?

Caleb sat against the wall, arms wrapped around his skinny legs, and tried very hard to think only of the dirt he stared at.

Gaze into the Abyss at 10.

Androc fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 12, 2015

• Locked thread