Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Lì Harris, the Vampire

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm the diversity pick. I work my rear end off, but of course the moment people see 'Chinese adoptee' and 'two dads' on the form field, that's it, that's everything people need to know. Maybe I'm inspiring, maybe I'm only here because of a quota, but lord knows you'll never need to actually talk to me to decide. I used to have all kinds of friends, but then I realized they didn't really care about me, they wanted to pretend they weren't super whitebread or for me to tell them their racist Asian jokes were super hilarious. So I gave up talking to people for a while. My dads' response was to take me to the doctor and see if I needed medication. It never occurred to them maybe it wasn't a problem with me.

I've only ever had one real friend. Jonas saw through the bullshit. He was 'weird' too, stuck on the outside like I was. Jonas wanted to be friends with me, not the weird projection of everyone's white guilt and homophobia that most people saw. Last summer...something happened between us. The memories are fuzzy, but one day I woke up and he was gone and I was different. Stronger, more clear-headed. Thirsty. Maybe no one else will ever know me like he did, but there's so much I can do now that it's hard to care. People are prey now, and I think I'm going to enjoy the hunt.

quote:

Name: Lì Harris
Look: intense, with hungry eyes
Skin: The Vampire
Origin: newly reborn

Conditions:

Harm
[ ][ ][ ][ ]

XP
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Stats:
Hot: +3
Cold: +2
Volatile: 0
Dark: -1

Sex Move
When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them.
When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on that
person.

Darkest Self
Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and
make them vulnerable, for sport, like a cat does with a
mouse. You feed to the point of death whenever you’re
alone with someone, though you take your time. You
escape your Darkest Self when you’re put in your rightful
place, by someone more powerful than you.

Moves

[+] Hypnotic
You can hypnotize people who have no Strings on you.
Roll with hot. On a 10 up, they do exactly what you wish
and have no idea that anything is wrong. On a 7-9, the
hypnosis works, but choose one:
  • they realize you hypnotized them;
  • they gently caress up your commands;
  • their sanity is unhinged.

[+] The Feeding
You feed on hot blood. If this is the first time they’ve ever
been fed upon, you both mark experience. When you feed,
choose two:
  • you heal 1 harm previously suffered,
  • you carry 1 forward,
  • they don’t die.

[+] Marked for the Hunt
When you feed on someone, you establish a close bond
with them. When you gaze into the abyss concerning their
whereabouts or well-being, roll as if you had Dark 3.

[+] Short Rest for the Wicked
When you die, wait it out. Some hours later, you wake up
fully healed.

[+] Make Others Feel Beautiful
When you make others feel beautiful, roll with hot. On a
10 up, choose two:
  • they carry 1 forward;
  • they remove a Condition;
  • they mark experience;
  • you carry 1 forward.
On a 7-9, you can offer them an experience point to do
what you want.

[+] Call People On Their poo poo
When you call people on their poo poo, roll with cold. On a 10
up, choose one:
  • they lose a String against someone else;
  • they freeze up, break down, or bail.
    On a 7-9, choose one, and they give you a Condition.

Strings
Caleb Randolph (1)
Christopher Locke (1)
Marina "Fleming" (1)
Ricard Reyes (2)
Cassie Jacobs (1)
Everyone Else (1)

Advancements
  • Add 1 to Hot (max 3).
  • Take another Vampire move.
  • Take a move from another Skin.
  • Add 1 to Cold (max 3).
  • Gain 2 of the Growing Up moves.
  • Add 1 to Volatile (max 3).

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

slydingdoor posted:

You receive an early letter indicating your imminent acceptance, but the acceptance letter itself is late in coming. At least one of your parents expects the worst: that it won't come at all.

Then you get an unexpected message, from Jonas. He has the letter and thinks you should come get it from him at night, and someplace private and familiar to the two of you. What do you do?

Lì absolutely goes to meet him. He's got no idea why Jonas would have the letter, but even after all his changes, he trusts Jonas implicitly and wants to know why he dropped completely out of contact for the back half of the summer.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

slydingdoor posted:

You bike to the meeting location, a cozy coffee shop in a strip mall. It's the only thing open. Jonas's bike is nowhere you can see.

Besides you and him, no one's inside besides a barista taking the communal pitcher of complimentary water to the back to be refilled. There's no greeting: they expect no order from you. Jonas, though, smiles behind indoor sunglasses and gives you a bro hug with an ice cold hand. He grins apologetically for the federal crime of mail theft, saying he went to your house, no one was there, so he checked the mail to make sure you still lived there. Seeing the fancy envelope, which he surrenders to you (it's been opened), he feared that you'd forget about him after taking off for bigger and better things.

Whenever you ask about where he's been all summer, he coughs and says out of town. When you ask if he's going to the public high school that everyone else in your area is going to, he just coughs. Then his tone shifts to pleading: you're going to be drowning in the blue blood of the city's elite soon enough, won't you share some with him? He invested some of his in you, remember?

Either way, Jonas needs something to tide him over. You could help him gang up on the barista, he offers, or give him some of your own for old time's sake? What do you do?

Lì assured Jonas that he'd never forget about him - they had shared far too much for that. Applying to SPA had been Dad's idea, but with Jonas disappearing on him Lì figured if he was going to be surrounded by lovely people all day, he might as well try for new lovely people. He was still a little unclear on how Jonas had made him this way, but the bite seemed to make people's memories a little hazy around the edges, so he supposed that was to be expected.

He begged off on the barista for now. It was odd, but the act of feeding felt so intimate, the victim so vulnerable, that he didn't feel comfortable doing it to strangers. Old 'friends', acquaintances, enemies especially, but not a complete stranger. He had fed recently, so he offered Jonas a vein. As time went on and Lì's old life became more distant, he was slowly starting to remember that he'd done this before, back when he was alive.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
How early in the year are we starting play?

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

The Vampire posted:

You’re beautiful. Gain a String on everyone.

Lì was the model teenager during the brunch picnic and first week, socializing, meeting new people, charming the teachers, all that fun stuff. He's shed his middle school awkwardness over the summer, and good thing too, because as the cute foreign-looking guy he was a definite centre of attention. He got a whole bunch of really awkward compliments about how good his English was, and he overheard some comments about his parents from the drunker adults, but he played it off with a polite smile and bottomless patience. On the drive home, his dads kept telling him how proud they were that he was coming out of his shell and clearly this year was going to be much better than the last. Lì agreed, though probably not for the same reasons.

The Vampire posted:

Someone once saved your unlife. They gain 2 Strings on you.

I kind of want Marina to have done this, but I'm not sure how it would have happened. Any thoughts?

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Ferrosol posted:

I could see two options first could just be your garden variety racists going after him for being a Chinese kid or the two dads thing, but I'd assume he'd be able to handle that with vampire stuff. You could have Marina interrupt a beating that was going too far and take him to the school infirmary. The only other thing I could think of is inadvertently getting in the way of a vampire hunter who was chasing him.

I'm going fairly low-key vampire power-wise with Lì, so a group of random drunken racists would pose a real physical threat. How does this sound: Lì was getting in one last feeding with a someone he really couldn't stand from his old school, but he gets spotted and it turns out the guy's older brother is there with a group of friends. They mistake it for 'something else', but Marina interrupts and gets him out before it turns into a gay panic beating (or at least before the beating does permanent damage). Lì made her promise not to tell anyone, but obviously she's got some serious leverage on him.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
pre:
         [DrAL]
   A     B     C     D
1[    ][    ][    ][    ]
2[    ][Chet][LìHa][    ]
3[    ][    ][SylL][    ]
4[    ][    ][    ][    ]
Lì's always liked the middle - he's pretty good at tuning out distractions when he has to, and you never know when you'll overhear something juicy.

Sylvia Lucas sits directly behind him. He hadn't talked to her much, but apparently she's got a hookup if you want to buy weed. The first week, he noticed someone buying from her - she tried to act like she's a big shot dealer (and she probably is, relative to a bunch of sheltered freshmen), but smart money's on her 'source' being her stoner brother up in senior class. Of course, he wasn't going to say that out loud to the class, so instead he talked about Chester Havemeyer, who'd come up from the charter school and wanted to be a surgeon one day.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Well, I'm going to go ahead and tempt fate by highlighting Volatile for Cassie.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Lì Harris

Lì smiled and let the highly original 'martial arts' joke pass. "I'm fine - it looks worse than it is, really." He returned Sylvia's subtle eyeroll, then shot her a look and mouthed "after class?".

pre:
Name	Harm	HLts	Strings: PC|NPC							Conditions
LI	0/4	CD	cal, cass2, cris, mari, ric, 					none, yet

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì was surprised at the sudden challenge, but he's quick on his feet. Which is why when Chester starts to raise his hand, Lì put his hand on Chester's forearm, quick as a snake. "Hey, don't be a dick."

Shutting Someone: Shut Someone Down(?): 2d6+1 8

For conditions, Lì gets 'Grabby' and Chester gets 'Dick'.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 1, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì pulled Chester to the side. "Look, what's your deal here? I haven't done anything to you."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

"Actually, you know what? That's fine. I'll wait." Lì is suddenly entirely conciliatory and apologetic - the more bigoted students probably thought he was going to bow or something. "I'm sorry, I was being a dick."

Lì looked like he'd been roughed up recently, and standing, Chester towered over him. Lì stood aside and quietly took his seat.

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+3 11

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 1, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì moved in as if for a kiss...and then went past her lips and further down. With a practised motion, his fangs extended and he plunged them into her neck. As he drew blood from her, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders to keep her from losing her balance, and without taking his fangs out, walked her into a stall. A few more seconds of contact, and he was sated. For now. He released her, and sat her down on the toilet. Sylvia looked up at him a little dazedly - the bite would keep her out of it for a while longer, and that was on top of the weed. More importantly, she wouldn't remember what had happened, and the fang marks on her neck were already closing.

He left her in the stall, and checked himself in the mirror to make sure nothing was out of place. He felt great, and the bruising on his face looked like it was fading a little faster than before. It'd be gone by tomorrow. Licking a little speck of blood from his lips, he kicked the joint discarded joint under the stall with Sylvia, and headed back to class.

The Feeding triggers, so that's one experience marked, and of the menu, I'll pick "you carry 1 forward" "and they don’t die".

Turn Someone On: 2d6+2 5

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 1, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì had paused before he left the bathroom, halfway considering going back into the stall to do...something, he wasn't sure what. poo poo, this was bad. By the time he made it back to homeroom, he'd gotten control of himself again. It was a dangerous situation, but one he couldn't do anything about right now. Hopefully she was too messed up to really understand what had happened, and certainly it wasn't a story she could go to the administration with, not with a couple of joints in her system.

Lì didn't say anything at all when Sylvia comes back to her seat.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì hadn't actually ever been high before, and as of this past summer, had assumed he wouldn't ever be (at least not via drugs). So when the stoned feeling hit, Lì couldn't help but let his mind wander off to some dark corner he'd never experienced before.

Gaze Into the Abyss: 2d6 7

I'd like to go with confusing and alarming visions that leave me Drained.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì almost dropped the ball Sylvia tossed him. On top of the really complicated ongoing situation with her, he wasn't really that great at dodgeball to begin with. Or gym in general, really. But, a grade was a grade, and he had to at least show willing if he didn't want to drag down his real marks too much. He lobbed a ball at Ricard - a textbook shot without much force, aimed roughly at waist level.

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 10

I'm going to remove "Grabby"

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 2, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì was acquitting himself quite decently on the floor. Sure, he wasn't doing well in any objective sense, but he conveyed energy and enthusiasm and other 'e' words that gym teachers liked. It was that energetic stance that betrayed him - a ball came sailing at him, Lì tried to weave to the right, but didn't notice that Ricard was standing right there. Lì barreled right into the star athlete, almost knocking him over. They had to grab each other for balance, and for a moment, they were close enough to feel one another's breath on each other.

Then Lì regained his balance and backed off. "Oh god, I'm sorry!" He gave Ricard an apologetic smile. No hard feelings, right?

Turn Someone On (Ricard): 2d6+2 10

Lì gets a string on Ricard.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

BallisticClipboard posted:

Ricard

Becoming suddenly tangled with players is nothing new. But most plays don't end up like this. Li is quite the handsome fellow and being face to face is quite the situation. But Ricard knows how to no-sell.

He feels a heat rush over his body. OH GOD NO. I DON'T FEEL THIS WAY WITH BOYS. I'M ALL FOR BOYS AND BOYS BUT NOT ME AND BOYS. Ricard's face for his entire freakout is flat.

Li's apology knocks him out of it, "Ah," he squeaks out, "yeah. Apology accepted. No hard feelings, nothing hard at all."

There's clearly something up with Ricard, but the athlete's no-sell pokerface stopped Lì from picking up on it. So he nodded gratefully and just said "Thanks." Still, Ricard's reaction gave him an angle he could work later, and Lì filed that away for now.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì had not intended to last this long in the game; he had felt exhausted before the period started, and he'd been running ragged just keeping up. He too needed a drink, though unlike Sylvia he actually knew how to quench it. He nodded in agreement with her. "Let's finish this." He picked up a few of the balls, and threw them a little haphazardly. They went wide, and left him quite open for a counter.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì shrugged and started picking up balls, just wanting to get this period done with and maybe get something to drink. He kept his eyes open for the coach's whistle - if he found it, he could leave early, and would hopefully have a better shot of catching up with Ricard in the locker room.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì sighed. "Look, I want to get out too, and there's a fountain right outside the gym. Just tell the coach you're thirsty - pretty sure there's a liability thing where he can't stop you from getting a drink."

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+2 6

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 2, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì started to get changed, albeit slowly. He was thinking perhaps he could isolate someone in here and slake his thirst a little before next period, so he was slow in getting his things out, and spent more time than usual hunting through his bag. As was locker room courtesy, he kept his eyes on his own stuff without looking around, and his sedate pace and lack of other things to focus on caused his tired mind to drift off a little...

Gaze Into the Abyss: 2d6-1 2

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 2, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì snapped out of his reverie when Mike waved his hand in front of his face. Mike seemed nice, but Lì was feeling really drained right now and needed a pick me up. Plus, everyone else was either gone or in the shower. As Mike rummaged through his bag, Lì reached out and touched his arm. When he turned to see what was going on, Lì moved close and bit down on his neck.

"The Feeding", so I mark experience. I'll take "doesn't die" and "take 1 forward" from the menu once more.

Also, picked up an Advancement from that last Gaze, so I'm putting it in "+1 to Hot".

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 2, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì felt like he was about to throw up. Today was not a great day for feeding.

Hold Steady: 2d6+2 5

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

As he painfully regained control, Lì almost panicked. But, remembering what his Pa had told him, instead he took a deep breath and broke the problem into manageable chunks. First, he adjusted Mike's shirt a little to cover the healing fang marks. Then, he stripped off his gym shirt and mopped up as much of the blood as he could, though obviously the stains were still there. He before he stashed his soaked shirt in his bag, he smeared some blood under his nose. Finally, he started rummaging through Mike's bag for a snack bar. "Hey Mike, stay with me, man. Stay with me."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì's head snapped around as Ricard came in. Blood was smeared under Lì's nose and on his clothing, and he was currently rummaging through a gym bag. "Do you have anything with sugar? I think Mike might be diabetic." Lì indicated the glassy-eyed Mike, who he'd sat up against a bench.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

"Most of the blood's mine; I cracked my nose when he fell over." The bare-chested Lì wiped under his nose, but just smeared a little bit of blood on his arm. "I think he's diabetic, maybe we should give him the candy bar?"

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì breathed out a sigh of relief as Chris and Ricard took off with Mike in tow. "Wow, thank god you guys were here. I don't know what I'd have done." As the stress faded, Lì realized his shirtlessness, and the fact that there was a great deal of blood on him.

"poo poo, I really gotta get cleaned off. Thanks for the help." Caleb was the only person left with him at this point, and Lì wondered what he was going to do.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì shook his head. "It sounds stupid, but I fell and caught my nose on a bench. I bled all over the place."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì sighed and looked at Caleb, really looked at him, like it was for the first time. It wasn't hateful, or angry, or even sad. There was almost a kind of pity to it; the kind of look you'd give a little fawn in the forest who was thinking 'gee, this metal thing with teeth shouldn't be here at all'. Then Lì said in a flat, unemotional tone. "There's nothing strange going on. I'm fine, and you will forget about this and go about your normal day."

Hypnotic: 2d6+3 9

Not sure if this would count as leveraging 'Twerp' or not. If it does, it's a 10+ and Caleb does what Lì says. If not, I'll spend a string to make it a 10.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì smiled a little to himself. At least something was working right today. Now alone in the locker room, Lì stripped down to his underwear and headed into the showers.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì paused outside the showers. Today had been one big trainwreck, and he wasn't in the mood for taking chances when he was feeling this crappy. Lì stalked in, met Ricard's surprised look, and said, "Hold still, and don't resist." His fangs lengthened...

A little bit later...

Lì hummed to himself as he got dressed and left. The showers were still running in the background as he walked out the door to lunch.

Hypnotic: 2d6+4 11

Triggers "The Feeding". Ricard and Lì mark experience, and I'll take "does not kill him" and "carry 1 forward" from my menu.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 2, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì came into the cafeteria, feeling much better after the trainwreck of abortive feeding that had been most of this morning. He grabbed a light salad and a glass of ice water, then went to look for a seat. Unfortunately, the only open seats he saw were near to Marina, and he'd been trying to avoid her since the other day's almost-fatal beating. Still, there were basically no other seats. Nothing to do now but bite the bullet; she hadn't seemed to realize what had actually happened, and hopefully she'd stay that way..

Lì sat his tray down at a seat near Marina. "Hi."

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 2, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

"No, no, I'm fine. That thing was just a huge misunderstanding, it's all taken care of." Lì's tone was polite, but he gave Marina a warning look that said please leave it there.

Shut Someone Down: 2d6+3 10

Marina loses a string on Lì

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 3, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì reached across the table and put his hand on Marina's shoulder. "Hey, I'm sorry if I was short. I'm glad you cared enough about me to ask." His hand lingered a little longer than pure politeness would allow. Lì was hoping for two birds, one stone - a friendlier Marina, and a John who was too distracted by someone flirting with his girl(?) to question his lack of injury any further.

Turn Someone On (Marina): 2d6+3 9

Manipulate an NPC (John): 2d6+4 11

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 3, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì was about to say something to the circle of senior girls when Ricard approached, looking like a man on a mission. Lì glanced up at him and casually said, "Hey."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì had been watching the Caleb and Ricard's conversation with a bit of amusement, but it looked like Lì wasn't getting out of it that easily. He gave Ricard a blank look. "Umm, you saved Mike's life? I still can't believe how calm you were about the whole thing, I was freaking the hell out. You and Christophe were honest to god heroes in there."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì's blank look turned to confusion. "Really? You seemed fine to me - you were in the shower when I left, and you were moving and junk."

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 6

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 3, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì doesn't bother to say anything or resist, but his eyes meet Marina's, and there's a flash of fear in them, a look she probably remembers from the first time they met. He clearly doesn't want to be alone with these people.

Lì will burn his string on Marina to offer her an XP to follow Ricard's gang and act as a witness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì was happy to discover that 24 was wrong, and he did not, in fact, feel inclined to spill all his deepest, darkest secrets because he had been smashed in the face. Now he just really wanted to see Ricard and company suffer. "Go f-gently caress yourself."

Also, Lì's not trying to fight back, and dealing damage back is optional, so I'll say the headbutt was fine and only causes Lì harm.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 3, 2014

• Locked thread