Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm an author. I realized I wanted to be an author when I was 4, and now I am. I'm getting into kid picture books shortly with a pile of other goons and I hope it goes well because it's pretty drat fun to write kid books.

I get fan mail sometimes. It blows my mind that something I wrote is googlable and that I get paid to do what I always wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I need to know more, how did you get into this? Assuming the story/writing is good enough, can anyone do this? I would absolutely love to.

It's a nightmare to get into anything with writing, be it kid books or horror novels. I started writing (paid writing, anyway) with a variety of online article factory poo poo and got really lucky. I think it depends more on your tenacity than whether or not the story is any good. Lots of garbage stories get published (including some of mine). It's whether or not you can sit there and beat your face into a wall enough to get stuff published.

If you just wanna do stories, though, I suggest the self-publishing route. You can get a good chunk of change and it's really not hard at all. Feel free to pm me about it and I'll answer anything I can because I've done that too.

• Locked thread