Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm a software developer for a small company. I mainly write the desktop application(s) that are used to maintain the business. I like my job in that it pays me pretty well and I enjoy relative freedom and autonomy. I hate it as well though because my company has very little benefits(lovely health insurance and a gym membership, nothing else) and the company is very chaotic. It also sucks that my company refuses to give me an actual job title. Being called "The IT guy" when I do very little on the IT end and my primary duty is writing/maintaining software is really really lovely.

P.S. If most companies are like a western government like the US or Canada, my company is like somalia. Filled with warlords vying for power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The upside and freedom of my job really shows today. I'm doing some quality internetting.

• Locked thread