Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

i had a job where i was paid to gently caress around on the internet all day but thats because there was a gigantic work bottleneck and management would rather call endless meetings than actually pay someone to fix it

then they liquidated my entire department because no one could figure out why nothing was getting done ayy lmao im hosed

Holy poo poo, this sounds exactly like my old job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

BananaFusion posted:

I'm a computer engineer. Really interesting work, good co-workers, great pay and benefits, and I get to travel a fair bit, sometimes internationally. And very flexible hours with 5 and a half weeks of vacation plus holidays each year. Plus the nice satisfaction of knowing our microprocessors are powering all kinds of popular tech from videogame controllers to cars.

I really do love my job.

drat you! Do you actually get your hands on some RTL or are you stuck writing test cases and literally turning computers on and off all day? Any advice for getting an interesting CE job?

• Locked thread