Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

People speak to me with so much pity about my job (Substitute Teacher in :canada: with plans on becoming a Big Boy Teacher), like my life must be Hell and that everyday that I'm not a real teacher must be miserable and embarrassing for me... but I'm pretty happy with it tbh, and my life is pretty great.

On the other hand I've seen teachers literally get off work and go to a party and drink full glasses of wine and beer in one gulp/ from a bag of wine, so I think some people just are unhappy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Being a sub sounds like a good job if you enjoy teaching. Like, I assume you rarely have to deal with parents and the teachers I know always tell me that parents are the worst part of the job.

Parents and paperwork, though my board is working towards reducing the amount of reports and updates that teachers have to provide because it's becoming the main reason teachers are leaving (when combined with planning, marking, and classroom).

And yeah, it's great to walk in, quickly learn the material, and then teach it. I don't even have to worry about time constraints to some extent, as long as I know the teacher (e.g. The textbook was written in 1999 so I gave them a mini lecture on how Canada's policy on environment has changed since then) and won't get called out for not covering all of the material they left.

I guess my girlfriend being a full time teacher helps me to enjoy it more, since I get her medical and dental.

• Locked thread