Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

GodFish posted:

Anne Andrews - The Chosen
What is life like for you at school, and how has it changed since the incident?

You can use Hit the Books for any enemy of the moment, yeah

School's OK, I guess. I mean, I like reading and learning, I like gym class, I'm not getting bullied or anything these days. Most of the teachers seem to like me, they keep putting words like "conscientious" and "diligent" on my report cards. I do an OK job of balancing school, work and other stuff. I don't really have any close friends though, just people I hang out with. I used to be close to a few people, but that's one of the things that changed after...you know. I don't know if I made it clear but Dad was the safety inspector at the plant. He didn't get officially blamed or anything, but a lot of people got mad at him anyway, and I got in a lot of fights about it with other kids who pushed that blame on to me. One of them was with Matt Collins, who was pretty much my best friend since elementary school. His dad died in the explosion, and his Mom blamed my dad, and when I tried to talk to him about it we ended up in a screaming match. We beat on each other until a couple of teachers pulled us apart and we haven't spoken since.

So that sucks.

The other thing that changed apart from basically losing all my friends is now I'm pretty loving sure some of the kids in the school are monsters, and I have no idea what to do about it. I haven't seen anything, but there's this constant feeling like a storm's coming. Eventually someone's going to notice that I'm getting twitchy and weird, or I'm going to see something and flip out and hurt or kill another student. No-one's going to buy a story like "Oh he was secretly a demon from hell, officer. You can trust me, I have some kind of second sight."

Christ, maybe I am just losing my mind. No way I'm talking to the counselor about this though, I've seen what the kind of drugs they give crazy people do to them.

Edit:

OOC: I was looking for a song to capture Anne's combination of a sense of purpose, the realization that she's stronger now, and her fear that she's crazy. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmPNuruWMTA

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

GodFish posted:

Third Questions
River - The Fae
Have you ever broken a promise? If you have, what happened, and if you haven't, what do you think would happen if you did?

"I've never broken a promise. It's just something I don't do. I don't toss around promises like candy either, and when I make one, I'm careful about exactly what I'm saying. I don't understand why everyone else can't be like that.

"I don't know what would happen if I broke a promise, but I've had nightmares about it. In one, I lost my power and I was locked forever in this world until I could make things right. In another one, someone else like me, but much older, came to punish me. I don't know if that's what would actually happen, and I don't want to find out."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

GodFish posted:

Second Questions
Anton Ramirez - The Ghost
It sounds like life(?) sucks for you even more than it did before, but what are some positives you've managed to squeeze out of it?

OOC Question: What aspects of the Ghost are you most interested in exploring?

I hate to say it, but there's something to be said for being forced to be 'alive.' Like, I've had to learn how to work with what I've been dealt even though I'm not really in control. And... you have to be kind of fearless to actually go through with killing yourself, most people just threaten it to get something or as a cry for help. Now that I've honestly tried to die and seen the gates of hell close in my face... let's just say it takes the sting out of some of the small stuff. Some.

Also, I never knew before I jumped off that tree that I can be the "anyone" that some people desperately want to be there for them, if they're lonely or something. Nowadays, since I have to test everyone to find out whether I'm visible--with a word or a gesture--I dunno, I finally know more or less for sure when I'm wanted.

And when I'm not. When I know I'm not wanted I also know that whatever I see happening is special. Like, when someone loses track of me before they do something sneaky, even as simple as checking out themselves in a window, or trying to look down someone's shirt, or typing in their PIN number at an ATM, I know they don't want someone looking in. No one else gets as good a clue as me to tell them what's a real secret. It's like an admission of guilt.

Also with random spooky powers I didn't ask for comes spooky chances for payback. Sometimes I wonder if maybe that's why I'm really still around, to gently caress with the people who pushed me. Sometimes I do more than just wonder--but I would never hurt anyone.

poo poo, would I?

ooc: I really like this Skin, because I personally was raised to "be seen but not heard" and to always try to fit in because a) I was always different, and b) "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down." The Ghost wrings a lot of drama out of those sort of asymmetrical voyeuristic situations. Seeing and hearing what people don't want you to hear, and wanting to be acknowledged but getting ignored unless someone needs you to be there is interesting and familiar territory for me.

That's why it was kind of a dead heat between the Creep starting move, and Hungry Ghost. In the end I decided on the former because I thought it'd be more fun to play a guy who gains power and insight from being able to supernaturally spy on people's vulnerable moments that they would try to hide, than to play a guy that tries to be an emotional emetic. I think getting out of the ghost's Darkest Self should cover the other side of the equation--those situations where Anton is pulled back into visibility even though he might want to just observe or meddle from the shadows.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
First Question
Jean Dupont - The Deep OneSerpentine?
What have you noticed changing about you since the dreams started, and why are you hiding it?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

quote:

Zoe Haven - The Angel
How are you planning on getting back (Remiel back?) into heaven? What do you have to do to be forgiven?

'sup Diary.

I've been thinking about SIN lately. (That sounds so cheesy when you say it out loud.)

Why was what Remiel did that night so wrong? He gave up his life for mine. That's the kind of sacrifice that gets you INTO heaven! But... I think it's different for angels. People have free will, angels get orders. Remiel disobeyed his orders when he gave his Grace away. The human part of me hates that he could get in trouble for helping me, but the angel part just feels guilty. Like on some level I know I messed up really bad, and I only got a second chance because damning Zoe for Remiel's sin wouldn't be fair.

I've been thinking about HEAVEN too. I have to earn my wings somehow, that's what the Visitor said. Not much to go on really. All I can think of is living you know, a good life. Helping people out, not being a jerk when I could. I don't think there's some big answer out there. It's not a big dramatic event, it's the little stuff. I'm still figuring it out. There's a lot of temptation out there, I gotta be careful.

Oh, and don't think I didn't notice the irony of living in a town called Salvation, Diary. I wish I could talk to someone else about this stuff, but at least I have you.

-Zoe

mistaya fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 2, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

GodFish posted:

Second Questions
Damien Thompson - The Shadow
What happened when you tried to find your real parents? Did Uncle Jack help you or try to stop you?

OOC Question: I've never seen the Shadow in play before, what kinds of things are you looking for?

It was with the foster parents before these. Rich folks who couldn't have kids, and thought I looked really sad. Thought to fix me, thought they could give me nice stuff and I'd be their nice little son. Thought I had nobody, so I'd just be grateful just to be picked. Uncle Jack and I took care of that. I killed the guy's goldfishes, and Uncle Jack helped me scare the woman a bit when she thought to threaten me. They ended up just kicking me out. So I had some time on the loose and I wanted to find my parents.

Uncle Jack helped me. He knows a lot about what people think and say when nobody's watching. He knows a lot. We found out where my mother's kept. It's an psychiatric institute in Ohio. We managed to briefly get in, pretending to be a visitor with someone else. I didn't talk to her though. They keep her drugged the gently caress out of her mind. Shuffling along those halls like a zombie. Uncle Jack says that if they find out everything about me, they'll do that to me too.

Wasn't long after that before the police brought me back though.

OOC: Neither have I, but it seemed fun. Most important aspect I want to play is playing a teenager with trust issues, kind of paranoid, awkward and cynical but who's so lonely he wants to give things a shot. The Shadow is sort of an emotionally abusive presence, wanting to keep Damien isolated and resentful towards the world, while never allowing him to come to physical harm. I was thinking of playing Damien as standoffish towards most, but with a tendency towards neediness towards friends, because the only positive relation he can relate to is Uncle Jack, and he' always there. So out to try and make friends, while Uncle Jack is both trying to sow doubt in Damien himself, and trying to turn potential friends against him through Whispes in the Dark.

I'm thinking that I'd usually add Uncle Jack's contributions myself, just as 'a voice in his head'. Though if I'm actually looking into the Abyss that's you of course. I figure Uncle Jack would generally try to be helpful, or at least be perceived so. And careful with outright lying to Damien as the lie he told before damaged Damien's trust, but he'd always try to convince him he can have no friends. As the things he can do, I kind of expect as Damien's Shadow, Uncle Jack can move things wherever that shadow falls. Think Dr. Facilier from Princess and the Frog. A good way to steal things, or plant things. While Uncle Jack can talk to Damien without anyone hearing it, that's a one way thing. If Damien wants to talk to Uncle Jack, he has to speak up.

As to what Uncle Jack is exactly, and what his parents were cultists for and what is gonna happen when Damien becomes 18, I left ambiguous. It doesn't even have to be immediately relevant to the story, but it's a hook I leave to the MC. The story of how Damien tries to acquire friends, despite himself and his surroundings can be a fun one, alongside Damien's relation with his pretty awesome foster parents is I think something to enjoy. Optional more supernatural concerns like him turning into the rebirth of an a Lovecraftian god once he's 18 year olds unless he rejects it or something are welcomed, but not expected.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 30, 2014

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

GodFish posted:

Emma Gladstone - The Vampire
You've caught someone's eye at school that you aren't interested in, what have you been doing to intentionally lead them on?

"Huh? What the hell are ya talkin about? That fat girl who breathes over me? I talked about shipping with her, and we both like ZADR. She's more into Superwholock, tho. She also says I look good and wants to dress goff too. NOT EMO THO."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

quote:

After you came back, things changed a bit. What cornerstone of your old life have you left behind while you address your new needs?

I don't really eat anymore. I mean, I can sip at a soda, even eat a little, but it doesn't really do anything. No taste, no feeling of satiety. Even grabbing a few of Dad's leftover beers didn't really do a whole lot. I'm so hungry all the time...

quote:

OOC Question: What aspect of the Ghoul are you most interested to explore?

Mostly trying to keep a handle on her Hunger - and likely fail at it. I'm interested to see where that goes. I'm actively trying to play a less malicious ghoul - my choice of Watchful Golem sort of represents her numerous justifications for her new behavior; that what she's doing is fine if she torments "bad" people. Stuff like that. Her being "changed" is a very recent development, and she's not going to be able to keep that up forever.

Also, deliberately avoided explaining her resurrection to see what might be done with that.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

GodFish posted:

Matthew Ortiz - The Serpentine
Despite your Father's wishes, you've made friend at school. Tell me about her.

OOC Question: What sort of requests do you think would be the most interesting for Matthew to try and carry out, in general.

Oh, you mean August? She's... alright. We sit together in Religious Studies. She's pale and tin, and she's one of those weird druidy new age types. The only reason she's not got more friendship bracelets and mood rings on is because of uniform regulations. She talks about all the cool myths and stuff, like how Thor dressed like a woman to defeat frost giants. I like her stuff about King Arthur the most. She smiled at me once.

She doesn't seem to care about my family - or, at least, what people know about my family, which is mostly "weird rich people." Which is nice. I'm not "the weird rich kid" to her. I don't think she'd be my friend if she knew what I was, though.

OOC: The most interesting family requests, imo, would be ones that interfere with the other players whilst not being necessarily antagonistic. Matthew might stand up to his family if they ordered him to hurt or combat people he knew, but there'd be no harm in, say, "recovering" a certain book from the library - one the Chosen happened to be looking for at the same time. If he fell in enough with his family, Matthew might be more inclined to more direct requests. I suspect initial requests from his dad might be fairly low-key, and then his extended family could demand more extreme or dangerous tasks be performed if/when they get involved.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The third note is specifically for The Deleter: If I ever edge a bit too far into Serpentine territory, just tell me and I’ll dial it back. You’re the kid from a toxic family (who is also a snake-person) here, I’m just a deeply closeted guy that’s trying to make people think he’s just a kid from a toxic family. I think we’ll be fine, since it looks like we’re focusing on different parts of the skin and I’m only kind of a Serpentine in the first place. but it’s still worth thinking about. (Also, if we both get in we need to figure out how to handle both of us possibly applying snake food and all the other thematic stuff that comes with two people tapping into the same pool of moves, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.)

I think having both of us in the game COULD work, although it's not reccomended to have dupes in a game. I'll probably avoid Snake Food moves as Matthew currently is not big on holding grudges, but the best laid plans and all that.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

GodFish posted:

Second Questions

Maria Ricca - The Queen
A good Queen has to do more than smite her enemies though, how have you improved the school since you arrived, aside from gracing it with your presence, I mean?

OOC Question: Considering the move "And Your Enemies Closer" are you more interest in betrayal from people trying to usurp your position at the head of the gang, or trying to destroy the gang as a whole, or something else?

Well not long after Andy left there was a vacancy came up on the student committee that organises student events. Maria managed to get herself on the committee. It was too late to get the homecoming into shape but the winter events season is going to be a blast. Maria has already got the art nerds working on Christmas decorations for the celebrations and she's suggested to theatre geeks they go for something good for the Christmas play. She figures that successfully pulling this off will make everyone respect her and turn heads throughout the school.

OOC Stuff:The vibe I'm going for is that Maria is fundamentally insecure about her place in life. She's under enormous pressure from her family to be the "perfect" girl. (Her father is pretty old fashioned about gender relationships) even though naturally she's more of a tomboy. So she has this insecurity about people and this need to be liked and respected by everyone but she also has this nagging doubt that people are using her for her money or her connections which is what the worrying over betrayal is all about. Her gang is her shield against the world and if someone in that shield were to betray her she'd flip out and not even she knows how far she'd go.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

added a place/rumor/person to my write up.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'm planning on closing apps around this time tomorrow night. Probably whenever I get the next round of questions out. If you have a profile in the works that won't be done in time, make a post saying that between now and then and you can finish it up afterwards.

Third Questions
You said you'd made a friend at school, tell me about them. Do they have other friends that you might start hanging out with, or are they a loner like you?

Maria Ricca - The Queen
What is your end goal here, after you put down any opposition and secure your place on top? And what, or who, is the biggest threat standing in your way?

What is your favorite act of spooky revenge, and what have you done since coming back that you are ashamed of?

Lately, whenever your Father talks about making the sun rise and that stuff, you've been having odd, unnerving dreams afterwards. Tell me about them.

Mara Yates - The Ghoul
How has all this affected your academics, and what has changed in your social life?

Second Questions
Zoe Haven - The Angel
What do you miss most about Heaven, and what do you do you miss the least?

OOC Question: What kinds of conflicts between Zoe/Remiel and Heaven do you want to see?

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

I'm special. A lot of people think that about themselves, and they're almost always wrong. I'm not. I don't think that I'm special, I know it. I can feel it in this dark, coiling power deep inside me. I'm not like the other people. I'm different, better. More--

... Mom, I'm in the middle of something here! Mom, I-- okay, okay, I'm sorry! Fine, I'll pick him up, just give me a minute. I'm not using any kind of tone with you! Just give me a minute okay?

poo poo, was this thing still recording? Dammit, I'll edit it out later.

I'm special. A lot of people think that about themselves, and they're almost always wrong. I'm not. I don't think that I'm special, I know it. I can feel it in this dark, coiling power deep inside me. I'm not like the other people; I'm different. Better. More important, more real. And I get what I want.

I wasn't always like this. I used to be weaker, normal, almost. But I always... wanted things. People. Leverage. Maybe I wasn't the most likable kid growing up, but I still found ways to get invited to everyone's birthday party. I still found ways to get people to sit next to me on the bus. I'm no bleached blonde cheerleader alphabitch or anything like that, but I know how people work, and I know that the best way to get them to do what I want is to get them what they want. And eventually, I'm not entirely sure when... eventually, it started to be more than that. Like I said, I can feel something... stirring inside me. Something greater than what I am, greater than this town and everyone in it. And when I get what I want, I can feed it. And everytime I feed it... it gets a little stronger.

I collect a few things: Favours, information, and tea. I've got a pretty big collections of all three by this point -- different tea blends from around the world, and whatever it takes to get people twisted around to my side. They're not so different, when you get down to it -- it's all pretty nice to look at, all sitting together on the shelf. But you can't really enjoy and of it until you actually use it up. It's like--

I said I'd do it in a minute, mom! His practice doesn't even end for another half hour!

God, it's like... I can't get any privacy in this house! Guess I've got to go pick up my little brother from soccer practice now. Step brother, technically -- I'm adopted. Which you can probably guess, what with the name and the fact that the rest of my family look like they've stepped out of some kind of Aryan wet dream. You know how it is -- dad's an accountant, mom's a lawyer. They wanted a kid, but mom wasn't interested in derailing her career with a pregnancy. So, I was their solution, I guess. I mean, yeah, they had Gary later, when I was like... 7. I guess I felt a little bit weird about it at the time. But you know, I got over it. It's not like my parents--

... Uh, okay, didn't mean to talk about this kind of thing. Ugh. I'll just cut it all out later. I've got to go now anyway.

Yeah, mom, I'm going! God, chill out!

quote:

Name: Linda Mills, the Wyrm
Collected, greedy eyes
Heart got so black

Experience: 0/5, Harm: 0/4

Hot: -1
Cold: 1
Volatile: -1
Dark: 2

Bargaining Ceremony
Drinking tea, sharing a cigarette, playing chess, or sitting back to back are all ceremonies.

When negotiating a bargain during a ceremony, both of you can offer Strings as part of that bargain. This can include Strings you have on others, or new Strings that you generate on yourselves. When you're both satisfied, the exchange occurs.

The Bait
You have a collection of beautiful things – maybe zines, jazz records, or old jewelry. When you show it to someone, they inevitably find something they fancy. They will mark experience when it becomes theirs and
is no longer yours. Also, choose one:
- they see something someone else would like, and when you show that someone the something, carry one forward against them,
- the time has flown by and it's hours later than you thought.

Jealous Coils
When anyone gets close to someone you covet and you act territorial, roll with dark. On a 10 up, both: they lose a String on your coveted, and you gain a String on your coveted. • On a 7-9,
gain a String on your coveted, and your coveted chooses:
- they give you a Condition,
- you say something you'll regret.

Wingman
When you wax poetic about the beauty of another PC, that other PC rolls to turn on the person you're talking to.

Scales
Once per session, you can transform into a terrifying beast of talons and coils. Give yourself the Condition secretly vulnerable. While transformed, you can roll to lash out physically with dark, except do as much harm as you like. When the scene ends, you collapse back into your human form.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, read them this: "Choose at least one thing from this list, and for each that you choose, describe something I learn about you from our intimacy:
- Give me a String on you, and take something from my collection.
- Give me a String on you, and take a String on me as well.
- Give me a String on you, and I'll promise you anything you'd like.
- Give me a String on you, and then give me a Condition."

Darkest Self
You've become too heady, too lax, too vague. You need to dominate one of the people-things that you treasure, let it know that it's yours, that it doesn't get to choose who owns it – you do. You escape your Darkest Self when your treasured thing proves that you don't own it entirely, or when you see the difference between objects and people.

A person:
George Stacks is the closest thing Salvation has to a criminal element. A sleazy businessman and known loan shark, he owns half the lower-income real estate in town... and by extension the people living in it. There are rumours that he has connections with organised crime in the big city, or something even more sinister...

A place:
Morgan's House of Teas is an aggressively British little tea shop located on Salvation's Main Street. It's got a surprisingly varied collection for a small shop in a small town, although there are rumors that Mr. Morgan is peddling... stranger things than tea, if you know how to ask.

A Rumour
The town has recently been hit by a wave of tragic pet disappearances. It started with cats, a couple small dogs, the Johnson's pet rabbits, and everyone assumed that some kind of predator had moved into the area -- a wild cat of some kind, perhaps. Or maybe a family of coyotes. However, the Slaughters' family dog vanished without a trace yesterday, and it it would be a pretty impressive bobcat that could make off with a full grown English Mastiff.

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 14, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
First Question
Linda Mills - The Wyrm
What treasure currently is the centerpiece of your collection, physical or otherwise, and what did you have to arrange to get it?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

GodFish posted:

Jean Dupont - The Deep OneSerpentine?
What have you noticed changing about you since the dreams started, and why are you hiding it?

I have a rash on my leg. Well, it's more of a skin condition than a rash... Okay, there's a scaly patch on my thigh. Like, fish scales. Not snake scales or anything like that. And it was the size of a quarter when I noticed it Thursday and now it's the size of a silver dollar and it's just weird. I know I should get a doctor to look at it, but it's kind of close to my *ahem* private parts. They'd probably think it's an STD and there's literally no way it could be an STD and I just don't want to get into that, y'know? Don't worry, I'll still go if it gets much worse. Until then, I'll just keep it clean and hope it clears up on it's own. I just don't want to get a reputation, you know?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Question 2
Jean Dupont - The Deep OneSerpentine
Since you, sort of, mentioned it, what is your social life like anyway? More specifically, is there anyone you'd like to get to know a little more.... closely, and whats stopping you?

OOC Question: What would you like to explore the most about the skin/Jean in general?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

GodFish posted:

Third Questions
You said you'd made a friend at school, tell me about them. Do they have other friends that you might start hanging out with, or are they a loner like you?

That's actually part of my history, so I'm likely to pick another PC for it, so I can't really say who it is right now? Unless you want me to pick an npc for that.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Shogeton posted:

That's actually part of my history, so I'm likely to pick another PC for it, so I can't really say who it is right now? Unless you want me to pick an npc for that.

Whoops! Sorry, I totally missed that that wasn't just a detail from your character bit :v:

new Question 3
Earlier, you mentioned being afraid Uncle Jack might do something "bad", what is the worst thing he's done so far, and what's the worst thing you've ever done (assuming killing goldfish [my brothers, you monster!] isn't the worst)?

GodFish fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 1, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

GodFish posted:

Third Questions
Maria Ricca - The Queen
What is your end goal here, after you put down any opposition and secure your place on top? And what, or who, is the biggest threat standing in your way?

Well School is a great place to make connections they say not that I'm planning on sticking around in Salvation for long enough to need those connections. But mainly I want to prove to my dad that I can play the game just like he does and I'm not just some pretty pink princess doll for him to dress up. Standing in my way? there's nobody standing in my way now that Andy's off the school grounds it would take something extraordinary to stop me from getting what I want.

OOC: The supernatural will be a big shock to her.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

GodFish posted:

Lately, whenever your Father talks about making the sun rise and that stuff, you've been having odd, unnerving dreams afterwards. Tell me about them.

Well, there's this one that comes up the most. I'm standing on top of this temple, surrounded by deep jungle. Sometimes I'm in my true form, and sometimes I'm in normal form but I'm wearing my nightwear. The whole place stinks of sweat and smoke and... something coppery. I think it's blood. And there's this altar, and someone is tied to it, but I can't see their face. It's a different person every time. My dad's there too, only he's a twenty foot long snake thing, with wings. I guess that's his true form? I've never seen him in his true form. And he says, son, you have to do it, you have to make the sun rise. I say to him, I can't do it, I don't know who this is. I can't kill a stranger. And then he says it doesn't matter, the sun is falling, you have to hurry. I reach out to whoever it is on the altar, and I wake up before I can turn their face to me and show me who it is.

Creepy, right? That's the one I have the most. There's also one where I'm running through the jungle and a panther with Auntie Clara's face jumps out at me. I always jump awake on that one. I have a few dreams about playing some kind of sport, but they're pretty hazy, and I'm not a sports kid anyway. There's also one where I'm in this big stone bath being washed by girls in robes, but uh, I'm not sure that one's related to any of the others at all. Sometimes it's dudes?

I hope it's not prophetic. August is always going on about the meanings of dreams. I haven't told her any of them, because I have no idea what the hell she'd say.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

quote:

Mara Yates - The Ghoul
How has all this affected your academics, and what has changed in your social life?

Well, to be honest, I wasn't the best student beforehand. I liked shop - did pretty good in that, I guess. But I guess I didn't see any point in the real "egghead" stuff, since it's not like I can afford college anyway. Recently, well, I kind of like being there for tests. Not sure why, I never know everything on them.

I sort of pushed a lot of people away right after it happened. I still have no idea what's going on with me, and people talking about going to the mall or getting hammered just sounded like nails on a chalkboard at that point. Still, just the other day I [insert stuff about the PC I'd pick for the whole "X reminded you of love when you thought death had taken it away from you forever backstory bit]

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

GodFish posted:

First Question
Linda Mills - The Wyrm
What treasure currently is the centerpiece of your collection, physical or otherwise, and what did you have to arrange to get it?

Do you like this tea set? Of course you do! This is vintage uranium glass -- it glows in the dark! Oh, calm down, you can keep drinking. It's not going to kill you. This is the safe kind of uranium, mostly; the stuff that was left over from atomic bombs made in the 50s. They don't even make this stuff anymore, which I'd say is a shame, but that would be lie. I like owning something irreplaceable.

It was a birthday gift, From Tammy Slaughter. You know Tammy -- nervous girl. Good at English class, bad at life. There was this boy, Brad something or another; pretty boring dude, if you ask me, but I guess Tammy goes for white boys with douchey little hats and acoustic guitars. Sadly, she was far too nervous to go anywhere near him, let alone ask him out. She was quite upset about all this, I know because she told me over a cup of this excellent Creme of Earl Grey I ordered. Luckily for her, though, I happened to know that Brad's favourite band would be playing a few hours away in a week's time -- obscure indie group, you've probably never heard of them. But dad's friends with the man who owned the venue, and all I needed to do was make a phonecall or two to get her some tickets. With a bit of coaching, she even asked him to go.

Tammy understands now that everything works out better when you belong to-- ... I mean, when you're friends with me. Your cup is getting empty, here, let me top you up.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

GodFish posted:

What is your favorite act of spooky revenge, and what have you done since coming back that you are ashamed of?

Stealing prepaid cell phones, following people around recording the things they say, then sending anonymous videos or voice messages or blackmail photos or snapchats to them or "to whom it may concern." Like bosses and significant others.

Once I was staking someone out and their wife or girlfriend started undressing in front of an open window. Like, obviously. I know the type, she's putting on a show and knows it, so I have to actually hide because I'll be visible. Somehow, she finds me anyways, starts blowing kisses my way and stuff. I'm terrified that my cover is blown but no one's ever looked at me like that before. I get shy, turn around, and then I see her gay loving across-the-street neighbor is doing the same goddamn thing. I was just caught in the crossfire. Some loving coincidence.

I'm so mad, I take a panoramic, and make a Vine, both titled "I am a cell phone tower." And upload them. They have a lot of comments, all praise. All I can think of is what the heck am I doing with myself, with these powers? Is this who I am now, an extreme peeping Tom? Am I gonna end up like the main character from Nightcrawler? Probably not, he was a sociopath, they don't give a poo poo about what other people feel. If I acted like that, I'd be dead!

Wait a minute...

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 1, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

GodFish posted:

Whoops! Sorry, I totally missed that that wasn't just a detail from your character bit :v:

new Question 3
Earlier, you mentioned being afraid Uncle Jack might do something "bad", what is the worst thing he's done so far, and what's the worst thing you've ever done (assuming killing goldfish [my brothers, you monster!] isn't the worst)?

I still remember, I was twelve. and I was with yet another foster family. They already had a son, Troy, a bit older than me. He didn't like me, not that I was trying to make him like me. But he had friends at school. So one day I was out on the street, smoking a cigarette, talking to Uncle jack, and he and his friends started hassling me. So I just tried to be quiet, but he stole my cigarettes. And it was really hard for me to get those back then. So I pushed him. And then his friends grabbed and me and they started punching me. Uncle Jack was angry.

I called for help, and Uncle Jack helped me. I watched as he got out the grasp. And he grabbed Troy by his shirt and pushed him out in the street. He got hit by a car. I don't know how it ended. I was back with the Adoption Agency a few hours later. Didn't get any problems with the police. There were some witnesses saying they attacked me, I called for help, just kinds arguing running out of hand. But I was watching when Uncle Jack acted, though my eyes. He was watching the street, and holding him just long enough for a car to be close by.

He says that it's sad, but it's the way of things. I should get used to it. Normal people will hate and fear me, and they'll not show me mercy, so I shouldn't show them. I just... asked him not to do that again and he hasn't done anything since.

What I did? I... I guess I really feel bad about stealing from them. I mean... it was easy. Didn't even need Uncle Jack's help. Sara is always busy, so it was just a matter of standing nearby when she makes an ATM withdrawal and watch the code. Then just sneak out with her card and make a large withdrawal. I didn't really know what to do with the money. I guess the money wasn't the point. I ended up buying a console and a bunch of videogames I didn't really care about. gently caress, I was going to lose them all anyway soon as they noticed I figured. I just didn't want them to keep the money they got for keeping me, like Uncle Jack told me.

So, they found out soon enough. I still see the shock on their faces, heard them talk about the problems they got now. And I'm bracing myself to be booted out again, got a bag with some food and money in case they just kick me out directly. Doesn't take long for them to figure out who took it, and when they ask me, I don't deny it, I'm just quiet. And they... they asked me if I was in any trouble. If anyone was forcing me to steal. Or if I was... on something, and that they wanted help me. And that they loved me, and I shouldn't worry about the money, they'll be fine and... all the time Uncle Jack is telling me that they're just corny lines to confuse me. But gently caress it, he's wrong. These are good people, and I just flushed their next mortgage payment down the drain. I... well... I kind of bawled.

I guess, I've been trying to... be decent to them since.

OOC: questin for you btw: how do you want to do Uncle Jack's voice? On one hand, I could have fun playing out a second voice in my head, but it's decidedly less 'feral', so I could see the argument for having his dialogue being strictly MC territory. Also, any actual manipulation of his shadow would technically be Uncle Jack's doing, but you would be okay to assume that generally Uncle Jack is willing to lend a hand, just to make sure Damien keeps relying on him? Doesn't have to be set in stone, we can always figure it out as we go along, but I've been thinking about it, and both have their appeal, so I was wondering how you feel about it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hey! I went back and redid my original backstory and first question answer. I wasn't 100% set on her character before so I was trying out some stuff. The new version is a LOT more coherent and fits the setting better. No more dual-speech patterns.

quote:

Second Questions
Zoe Haven - The Angel
What do you miss most about Heaven, and what do you do you miss the least?

OOC Question: What kinds of conflicts between Zoe/Remiel and Heaven do you want to see?

Mornin' Diary,

I've been dreaming about angels. Yeah, I'm not exactly surprised either, but I don't think heaven is really anything like they show in the movies. There weren't any puffy clouds or harps or dead folks in white robes anyway. There weren't any people at all. At least, not where Remiel used to work. He was a guardian angel, and they spend most of their time on Earth, guarding people. He just made pit stops in heaven to get new orders when someone he was guarding died or when he got reassigned.

Yeah, you can totally get assigned a new angel if yours sucks. I guess a lot of them aren't very good at it. ROFL. But Remiel was one of the best. He had all kinds of... ribbons? It's hard to describe his memories because a lot of the stuff he remembers isn't PHYSICAL so my brain just fills in something familiar so I can understand it.

I know that angel orders don't come in sealed yellow envelopes and heaven doesn't look like an office but that's what I see when I think about it. An office with flaming chariot wheels rolling through the cubicles delivering messages and hundred-eyed giants doing endless amounts of paperwork while the boss with the goat-lion-dragon heads passes out the orders from on high. I get dizzy when I look at anything too close so I don't.

I think my favorite part about Remiel's version of heaven is just how relaxed it seems. It's an office, but every day is casual Friday. There's no clocks on the walls because you never leave, (which sounds terrible when I write it down,) but why would you ever want to leave? Orders give angels purpose, and angels LOVE purpose. It's not like the place is static either. There's a suggestion box on the boss angel's desk and he reads every single submission. Then something happens if it's a good idea. Angels have a lot of good ideas.

What I didn't like was... Well... It's hard to describe. Angels aren't born, they're made. They're made for a purpose, and they do their job, and that's what makes them happy. Like robots or something. A lesser angel can't disobey a more powerful one. They're not equals, and it doesn't bother them but it bugs me a lot. When one of them breaks the rules, they fall, and Remiel's seen it happen. Their name gets erased from the records. It's like they never existed.

I wonder if they've already done that to Remiel, or if they're waiting to see what happens to me first. Even the angel side of me gets mad when I think about that.

-Zoe

---
OOC: I want to see Zoe struggle with earthly temptations, and her angelic half's need to follow something greater. She's a free-spirited girl, but the angel is the exact opposite. She's got a compulsion to do good things even at her own detriment. She's a guardian, and she can't turn away from someone who needs her.

With heaven the main struggle is probably that any agents of heaven see her as a monster, almost as bad as a nephilim. Very few think she's going to succeed at gaining her wings. Also I hope to see her get orders from heaven. Things she has to interpret and can mess up trying to accomplish.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 2, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

GodFish posted:

Jamie Chang - The Cuckoo
Do you have a favorite 'outfit' to wear? Or do you prefer playing it fast and loose with who you are?

There really no reason for me to have a favorite, right? Not when I could dress up as anyone I want to.

And... I'm not sure if it's me playing it 'fast and loose', than me just trying to figure out what I am. It's more than just looking like someone else here, it's stepping into their lives. Like, think about it. Every shirt and pair of jeans means life choices I got shut out of, or got too scared to make. Every dress means something I missed out on. Coulda hung out with the populars to start with. Coulda not given a gently caress when people forced their own impressions on me, instead of laying my head low. Coulda been prettier. Less scared of myself.

Ugh, sorry. That's heavy. But, you get what I mean. It's a chance to see things in other ways I couldn't have before. Actually enjoy other things. I dunno. I do dress up as my sister a lot (her clothes are easy to borrow), but I try to explore whoever I can, whenever I can. It's a lot more fun that way.

I just wish I didn't have to steal clothes. It makes it hard to go around wearing something that someone's looking for. But the magic, whatever it is, doesn't work otherwise. I learned that the hard way back in that dressing room at the mall. It got real awkward there.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Third Questions
Zoe Haven - The Angel
From your new behavior, you've made some ground towards your wings, you'd like to think anyway, but you've lost some as well. What good deed are you most proud of, and what is the worst temptation you've fallen for?

Second Questions
Linda Mills - The Wyrm
I'm not much for tea ordinarily, but this is excellent, and I can't help but admire your collection. You must quite protective of it, understandably. What did you do the last time someone stole one of your treasures?

OOC Question: Are you interested in exploring the 'actual dragon' aspect of the Wyrm, and if so what part is the most interesting for you. If not, what part is the most interesting for you?

Jamie Chang - The Cuckoo
Has being someone else ever been worse than being yourself? What was the absolute best moment you had in someone else's clothes?

OOC Question: You picked Close to the Sun, what aspect of flirting with the risk of being caught are you the most interested in?

Shogeton posted:

OOC: questin for you btw: how do you want to do Uncle Jack's voice? On one hand, I could have fun playing out a second voice in my head, but it's decidedly less 'feral', so I could see the argument for having his dialogue being strictly MC territory. Also, any actual manipulation of his shadow would technically be Uncle Jack's doing, but you would be okay to assume that generally Uncle Jack is willing to lend a hand, just to make sure Damien keeps relying on him? Doesn't have to be set in stone, we can always figure it out as we go along, but I've been thinking about it, and both have their appeal, so I was wondering how you feel about it.

I think I'd probably have you voice him mainly in retrospectives, but I'd move him in the present, either directly or maybe by giving you guidelines for how he's acting in a scene and letting you voice him

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
This is roughly the deadline I set yesterday, but I know at least two people mentioned working on apps in IRC who didn't get one in yet, so I'll leave it open another 5 hours (aka when I go to bed)

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

GodFish posted:

Since you, sort of, mentioned it, what is your social life like anyway? More specifically, is there anyone you'd like to get to know a little more.... closely, and whats stopping you?

OOC Question: What would you like to explore the most about the skin/Jean in general?

I guess I'm popular. I mean, I'm not unpopular. I get invited to parties. I hang out with popular people. I wouldn't say that I'm friends with them or anything, but they know me. I guess that's enough.

Oh. You meant it like that. Well, uh, I guess there's somebody. There's a girl in my chemistry class, Lily Yonkers. She's really nice and I kind of want to ask her out, but... Well, do you know Brent Marsh? The new linebacker on the football team? Well, they've been dating on and off since July. They're off right now so I guess I'd have a shot, but they'll probably be on again before Christmas anyway. Besides, Brent kind of punched out the last guy who asked her out. That was when they were dating, but better safe than sorry.

OOC: I'm mostly focused on the idea of being closeted. Of having a giant piece of your personal identity that you desperately want to talk about but also are completely terrified of letting other people know about. Of not being sure what that piece of your identity really is because the only context you have for it is your thoughts and whatever scraps of information you happen to find, and those scraps might just be a bunch of toxic nonsense. Anyway, just keep Jean worried and yearning for things he's afraid to take and everything will be fine, or at least fun.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Third Question
What is life like for you at home? Your family must be a bit racist (or classist I suppose) if they won't even talk about your grandpa because he isn't their kind of person, but is it prejudice from safe superiority, or salted by humiliation?

GodFish fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 2, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Is there a game IRC? What's the channel?

quote:

Third Question
Zoe Haven - The Angel
From your new behavior, you've made some ground towards your wings, you'd like to think anyway, but you've lost some as well. What good deed are you most proud of, and what is the worst temptation you've fallen for?

This sucks, Diary.

Dad won't let me get a new driver's permit. Mine expired because I was in a COMA, and he won't sign for a new permit. He says I can go get my license when I turn 18. 18!!! That's so not fair! I was so mad I didn't go home after school the next day. There was going to be a big party for the football team at Cody's house and his parents were out of town so I showed up to that instead. Nobody invited me, but everyone figured someone else had so no one said anything. I found a few kids that I knew and tried to act like I belonged there.

It wasn't a very nice party. It was too loud and someone brought a bunch of Natty Ice and box wine. Cheap, bad stuff. I didn't drink anything but it felt like I was the only one. It was around midnight when people started wanting to go home. One of the girls there, Natalie, was way too wasted to drive but she kept saying she wanted to go because some guy was creeping on her. I offered to drive her home and she called me her best friend and handed me a pair of keys with a purple rabbit's foot keychain.

Once it got around that I was the only sober idiot at the party a bunch of other kids started begging for rides too. There were at least six of us crammed into Natalie's Volvo and I was halfway to the Ketter twins' house when I saw the flashing red-and-blue of a cop car. I wasn't speeding and I wasn't drunk but it was pretty obvious everyone else in the car was. They tried to play it cool. That went about as good as you can imagine.

Dad wasn't mad at me when he picked me up from the station, he was just disappointed. He said he couldn't trust me anymore. I yelled at him and told him that I thought I was doing the right thing, and that Natalie could have died if she tried to drive home by herself. He asked me if that was really the reason I took her keys.

I couldn't answer him honestly, so I didn't.

All I got was a warning for driving with an expired permit, but it feels like I lost something important. I don't know what to do to fix it.

-Zoe

~~~

Hi, Diary!

I think I figured out something important today about getting into heaven. (BACK to heaven?) Anyways, I've been trying to do good stuff, stuff you'd think an angel would do. I volunteered at a soup kitchen and that felt nice, but there was something missing. I babysat the Terrible Tots for Mrs. Groverstein, which NOBODY does because there is a reason those two have that nickname, but she insisted on paying me at the end of the night so it felt more like work than a good deed. I thought about donating the money to church but we were short on grocery money for the week so I ended up buying peanut butter and a gallon of milk instead.

I tried a bunch of other things too. Cleaning out the garage without being asked just got a sort of nod from Dad. Showing up for Tutor Time at the middle school was boring and I ended up just giving my assigned students the answers to their math homework and going home. Raking leaves for the neighbors, walking Aunt Josie's dog, making sure dinner was always ready when Dad got home... I wasn't getting Karma from ANY of it.

Last week at lunch I saw Natalie all by herself at one of the picnic tables. I didn't know her real well, and she hadn't talked to me since that stupid party at Cody's where we all got arrested. But she looked really upset so I went and sat down next to her and asked her what was wrong. She didn't want to talk to me at first, but once she figured out I wasn't trying to make fun of her she just... opened up. Turns out Mark, the guy who was creeping on her at the party, was mad that she wouldn't sleep with him so he was saying all kinds of terrible crap about her. Her 'friends' weren't letting her sit with them anymore thanks to him.

I listened to her, but I'm not popular enough to stand up to that crowd so if I wanted to help I had to get inventive. Mark was one of those kids who was dumb enough to bring weed to school. Natalie knew where it was, but she couldn't be the one to rat on him or everyone would figure it out. So I waited for the end of the week when her volleyball team left early for an away game. Nobody knew we were friends, so nobody would suspect ME of being the rat.

The look on Mark's face when he got dragged into the principle's office was super-priceless and I took a picture on my cell phone for Natalie. Mark lost every bit of cred he ever had and everyone was apologizing to Natalie all day today. It was pretty great. Nat gave me the purple rabbit's foot from her car keys, and said if I ever needed help to just ask her, even if we couldn't hang out at school.

Smiting the wicked is FUN. :D

-Zoe

(I realize this is a trespass point, but Zoe doesn't.)

mistaya fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 2, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Not game specific, but I'm usually in #swampthings on SYNIRC which is mainly about Monsterhearts.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

GodFish posted:

Second Questions
Linda Mills - The Wyrm
I'm not much for tea ordinarily, but this is excellent, and I can't help but admire your collection. You must quite protective of it, understandably. What did you do the last time someone stole one of your treasures?
I take it we're not counting the times when Gary helps himself to some of my chai and then proceeds to ruin it by drowning it in dad's Starbucks flavour syrup. Ugh. He's like ten, ten year olds aren't even supposed to like tea! Little brothers: you can't live with them, you can't eat them...

That was a joke. I don't eat people. :catstare:

Anyway! I guess you're talking about Chris Hatcher. I swear -- you invite a boy into your home to work on a science project, you let him help himself to your pizza, and he makes off with your best bone China teacup! I mean, I saw him looking at it, and then after the group left, it was nowhere to be found -- how else was I supposed to think? I couldn't PROVE it, of course, but still!

So... I might have sent in an anonymous tip to our friendly school liason officer, telling him that he should take a look in poor Chris's locker -- it was a pretty open secret around the school how Chris paid for that car of his. Needless to say, he's expelled now. In jail too, maybe? I'm not sure.

I mean... I did find that cup laying under a chair two days later, so I might have been a little hasty to rush to judgement, but let's not get caught up on the details.

GodFish posted:

OOC Question: Are you interested in exploring the 'actual dragon' aspect of the Wyrm, and if so what part is the most interesting for you. If not, what part is the most interesting for you?

I am interested in dealing with the "actual dragon" stuff, but I picked an origin that indicates this dragon stuff is relativey recent, and I'm not taking Scales to begin with, so it might be a little low-key on my end at first.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Ferrosol posted:

Well what happened later was the school found out Andy had bags of weed in his locker and all hell broke lose, Andy swore they weren't his but who else could've put them there if not him? Did you know Andy's dad was a retired marine drill sergeant? he totally freaked and packed Andy off to some military academy somewhere hope that rear end in a top hat enjoys getting up at 5am with nothing to look at but other men. Me? I have no idea how they got there, I was in class all day and plenty of people can confirm it.

mistaya posted:

I listened to her, but I'm not popular enough to stand up to that crowd so if I wanted to help I had to get inventive. Mark was one of those kids who was dumb enough to bring weed to school. Natalie knew where it was, but she couldn't be the one to rat on him or everyone would figure it out. So I waited for the end of the week when her volleyball team left early for an away game. Nobody knew we were friends, so nobody would suspect ME of being the rat.

The look on Mark's face when he got dragged into the principle's office was super-priceless and I took a picture on my cell phone for Natalie. Mark lost every bit of cred he ever had and everyone was apologizing to Natalie all day today. It was pretty great. Nat gave me the purple rabbit's foot from her car keys, and said if I ever needed help to just ask her, even if we couldn't hang out at school.

Gazetteer posted:

So... I might have sent in an anonymous tip to our friendly school liason officer, telling him that he should take a look in poor Chris's locker -- it was a pretty open secret around the school how Chris paid for that car of his. Needless to say, he's expelled now. In jail too, maybe? I'm not sure.

I mean... I did find that cup laying under a chair two days later, so I might have been a little hasty to rush to judgement, but let's not get caught up on the details.

We are the narc-iest bunch of monster to ever have narced. You'd think people would stop putting weed in their lockers. Angels, dragons and queens just hate weed I guess.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 2, 2014

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Also we seem to have about one mother between us.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Goons have issues. In my characters case Daddy issues.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matt has a mom! She's busy. Somewhere. :tinfoil:

Also if you lived in Salvation, the boringest town to ever bore, I'm pretty sure you'd have a weed problem too.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Third Question
Linda Mills - The Wyrm
Someone has stubbornly resisted all your attempts to 'collect' them, what do you want from them, and why do you think they're refusing you?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Maybe the town should just legalize weed and use that to recover their economy :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Bonus Round, Question #4
Everybody: What does someone who isn't your friend at school say about you, behind your back or in front of it?

• Locked thread