Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Tomorrow, all over the country, millions of people will line up outside the doors of retailers, then rush inside like they're in a goddamned track meet and generally act like entitled assholes in a mob mentality.

Meanwhile, there will be tons of retail workers who will have to miss a holiday with their family because a bunch of dickheads just HAVE to have that sale RIGHT loving NOW.

If you are one of the people who go out shopping on Thanksgiving instead of waiting til Friday, you are a selfish rear end in a top hat. Your presence in that establishment means you are directly responsible for all those workers having to be there working probably a 10-12 hour shift on a major holiday away from their loved ones.

Besides, tons of studies have shown that Black Friday (Thursday?)prices generally are not the lowest. Wait until about a week and a half before Christmas for the lowest prices. So if you fall for it, not only are you a selfish, uncaring rear end in a top hat, you're also a gullible idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ill take it its been a while :d:_:)

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
*norm MacDonald voice over*

Yeah ok retail slave, try this, get a better job!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Slavery ended 150 years ago. All the people working have chosen to do so. Whiny rear end liberal bitch.

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Retail Slave posted:

Tomorrow, all over the country, millions of people will line up outside the doors of retailers, then rush inside like they're in a goddamned track meet and generally act like entitled assholes in a mob mentality.

It's worked for the people of Ferguson the last couple days.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm sorry I have to take them away from their lovely family to a place where they'll get paid to not have to put up with Uncle Jack drunkenly sharing his opinion on Obongo or your sister breaking down and crying all over the mashed potatoes because her lovely husband left her

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mookface posted:

*norm MacDonald voice over*

Yeah ok retail slave, try this, get a better job!

I plan to, but that doesn't make my point any less valid.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Sorry, but I want to see videos of idiots fighting each other over toothbrushes and towels.

The BLT
Jan 3, 2008
Do you know the sandwhich man?
What about all the poor losers without family. Without Black Friday they would just sit at home staring at an empty fifth and a loaded revolver wondering if today is the day.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retail Slave posted:

I plan to, but that doesn't make my point any less valid.

Well it kind of does. I chose a job knowing full well that I'm going to miss out on holidays and birthdays and poo poo and I can't complain about it because nobody is forcing me to be here

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?

The BLT posted:

What about all the poor losers without family. Without Black Friday they would just sit at home staring at an empty fifth and a loaded revolver wondering if today is the day.

They have cat thanksgiving, a joyous time where the columns of fancy feast stack to the ceiling!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mookface posted:

Well it kind of does. I chose a job knowing full well that I'm going to miss out on holidays and birthdays and poo poo and I can't complain about it because nobody is forcing me to be here

Your point would hold more weight if "Oh, I'll just up and quit and there will be no negative financial consequences at all for me!" was a reality for most of the people who are working that day.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
what about ARE TROOPS :freep:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retail Slave posted:

Your point would hold more wait if "Oh, I'll just up and quit and there will be no negative financial consequences at all for me!" was a reality for most of the people who are working that day.

If you don't like your job for whatever reason you should get a new one

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol to those who get forced to work and i shop after i do my family stuff in the afternoon

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

UHHHHMMM YES I WILL BE OP

here in the civilised world we don't give thanks for squat, now suck my dick and sell me my playstation 3 for 10% off you oval office

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mookface posted:

If you don't like your job for whatever reason you should get a new one

Well poo poo, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?

It's all so obvious now!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
who the gently caress wants to go shopping at midnight (or earlier) after a holiday, idgi.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
You are the only Packers poster who deserves the ignominy of an A.J. Hawk avatar. Enjoy.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you go shopping on thanksgiving instead of passing out in a puddle of salty gravy sweat you're not a human imo

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

You are the only Packers poster who deserves the ignominy of an A.J. Hawk avatar. Enjoy.

yeah lol fotebool :owned:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retail Slave posted:

Well poo poo, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?

It's all so obvious now!

glad to help man anytime

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
theres nothing more satisfying than treating some minimum wage punk like poo poo on black friday i look forward to it every year op :)

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i have better things to do with my time than buying dumb consumer crap.,..
like posting on these here forums

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A 4K TV holy fuckballs

i might as well flush my hdtv down the goddamn toilet

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Seriously, these people are just the worst, and no amount of ironic lack of caring about retail employees makes these people any less awful.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Retail workers aren't real people hth

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My favorite are the people who, while Im busy scanning and bagging their 3 overflowing carts of poo poo, lean over and say with no hint of self awareness "its such a shame they make you work on Thanksgiving"

gently caress

you

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I'm not gonna do poo poo tomorrow :toot:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gutcruncher posted:

My favorite are the people who, while Im busy scanning and bagging their 3 overflowing carts of poo poo, lean over and say with no hint of self awareness "its such a shame they make you work on Thanksgiving"

gently caress

you

So, so much this.

These people are literally worse than Hitler.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Gutcruncher posted:

gently caress

you

Oh they're well aware my friend.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Keep shopping you idiots. More dakka for the jews

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I wasn't going to but now I am because gently caress You OP.

Also, I'm going to mix a bunch of the price tags and signs and poo poo so the employees have more to deal with sorting it all out.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retail Slave posted:

So, so much this.

These people are literally worse than Hitler.

I'll make a point of not speaking to any person working retail ever again. Everything is automated now so it's almost like that anyways

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Retail Slave posted:

Meanwhile, there will be tons of retail workers who will have to miss a holiday with their family because a bunch of dickheads just HAVE to have that sale RIGHT loving NOW.

In all fairness, the people shopping on Thanksgiving are missing time with their family, too

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

In all fairness, the people shopping on Thanksgiving are missing time with their family, too

Do they have no right to complain

No they dont. Theyre doing this by choice depriving not only themselves of family time, but many others who have to miss family time at gunpoint

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Hexel posted:

I'm not gonna do poo poo tomorrow :toot:

This is my plan. Also being drunk, because I work retail and I was given off. So I'm getting drunk and making thanksgiving dinner for the fam.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

their family is better off, imo.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i work at mcdonalds for four hours, from 7 to 11. im not really sure what the point is since that's not exactly a busy time for a fast food restauraunt. except for those really sad types that come into mcdonalds FOR thanksgiving. id rather just not eat the whole day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mookface posted:

I'll make a point of not speaking to any person working retail ever again. Everything is automated now so it's almost like that anyways

You'd probably be doing them a favor.

• Locked thread