Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'd also vote for the return of Toiletlord. That avatar made me chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
i dont like that lowtax can change my avatar according to his perverse whims, im protesting this thread

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Fajita Fiesta posted:

i dont like that lowtax can change my avatar according to his perverse whims, im protesting this thread

Let me tell you a little secret, buddy. The only reason you're breathing right now is because of Lowtax's perverse whims. You don't want the emperor to show the crowd a thumbs down.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

SurfinArbiter posted:

but in the reflection its carol channings head

I really like that idea

Make it fatty sunglasses with that

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I dont have an avatar because womens rights.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Fajita Fiesta posted:

aw, buck up, i'm sure your junk isn't literal trash (but keep it to yourself)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Listen up Lowtax... you wanna make a little extra scratch this holiday. Right? Well here's what ya need to do.... charge 15 bucks to let people change ALL the newbie avatars..... I guarantee a quick thousand in a couple days.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a starwar betamax posted:

Listen up Lowtax... you wanna make a little extra scratch this holiday. Right? Well here's what ya need to do.... charge 15 bucks to let people change ALL the newbie avatars..... I guarantee a quick thousand in a couple days.

That's actually a really good idea :stare:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

put a timer on it so it can only be changed every 15 mins or so.... that'll get people amped to be the first one thru the gate

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the greasy bald arab dude. you know the one

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

I would pay to do this

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

wait why are the back to the forum babby?

just make all the people with the default av have something similar to forums cancer where is makes their posts be low contrast to the post background unless hovered over. That will make people want to pay for an av and let us know who is too poor/new to bother paying attention to

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

lowtax i lost my avatar in a fire and will literally accept anything as a replacement for the blank space i have now

RevolverReach
Nov 21, 2014

I would pay for that.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Luvcow posted:

That's actually a really good idea :stare:

It would.quickly turn into pandimonium ........ just the weigh we like it

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
this is great, i'm getting new avatars and not paying a cent. JOKES ON YOU LOWTAX

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Lowtax please do this!

Good job, starwar. You have the business mind.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

put a timer on it so it can only be changed every 15 mins or so.... that'll get people amped to be the first one thru the gate

It might need a longer timer, because an actual person would have to review it to make sure someone isn't trying to use a NSFW, illegal, or DMCA-violating image.

RevolverReach
Nov 21, 2014

Or better yet, users can pay to enter an avatar into a cesspool of random newbie avatars and every time an avatar is loaded on the page, a random image is pulled from the pile.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It might need a longer timer, because an actual person would have to review it to make sure someone isn't trying to use a NSFW, illegal, or DMCA-violating image.

good work leonard, let's bump it up to 30 mins for 30 bucks or 45 bucks for a half hour

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Noyemi K posted:

I would pay to do this

RevolverReach posted:

I would pay for that.

It would.quickly turn into pandimonium ........ just the weigh we like it

I too would pay $15 for this, give everyone a manatee or something

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
I would probably check into the forums a lot more frequently if this becomes a thing.

Can we do it before Game of Thrones restarts though, because JFC hearing people whine about the avatar spoilers was annoying.

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

CountButtula posted:

A giant happy bee

yea

stupid newbeeeee

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
make it beecock

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lowtax's daughters are gonna go to college because of you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A misanthrope posted:

please make it this gif lowtax

Please.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Neogaf doesn't charge for avatars.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I liked the old stupid newbie baby.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Dennis System posted:

sounds like a dirty forum for poors

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I like the new one too.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I liked the old stupid newbie baby.

he is not a baby anymore.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

he is not a baby anymore.

he still is to me, dammit!

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

The Dennis System posted:

neogaf is also a gay forum for babies, everyone argues about everything because they're gay babies hth

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
I don't know how the hell I ended up with no avatar. It just happened. :tinfoil: I like it though it makes me feel superior, because my posts are what people remember me by not some lovely avatar.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Noyemi K posted:

neogaf is also a gay forum for babies, everyone argues about everything because they're gay babies hth

So? how is any different than here?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Guru Yaekob posted:

I don't know how the hell I ended up with no avatar. It just happened. :tinfoil: I like it though it makes me feel superior, because my posts are what people remember me by not some lovely avatar.

No one remembers you anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
I'm famous for toxxing myself if the Lions won the division I would lick my own poo poo.

...They didn't win it.

• Locked thread