Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

and the thought is about fractals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

the thought, gently caress you op

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

the thought, gently caress you op

rude

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
The universe is stars and planets and gas and dust and comets and stuff.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Dennis System posted:

The universe is stars and planets and gas and dust and comets and stuff.

whats dark matter and dark energy then

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ive had enough of your poo poo, get out of my thread

were discussing the nature of existence here and guess what, you arent helping

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

That's just the Goth universe point through

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

TEAYCHES posted:

Energy is the capacity to do work. Dark matter is some sort of hypothetical matter that doesn't reflect light or something, I don't really know.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i wonder if there is a gbs where goons made out of dark matter post

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

gunes don't matter hth

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

i wanna slam this gbs into that one and watch the explosion

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
our universe only seems large because we're inside a microbe that resides on the ball sack of some kind of mega giant

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

i believe we have some niggas that post.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Robbie Fowler posted:

i believe we have some niggas that post.

black ppl have a larger amount of melanin in their skin, otherwise they are the same as you or me. we are all made of star dust...

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TEAYCHES posted:

black ppl have a larger amount of melanin in their skin, otherwise they are the same as you or me. we are all made of star dust...

But why can they run so much faster and have bigger dicks and win the Olympics too. It's not fair on people like me

Also, I had a single thought, but i'm too drunk to remember what it was. Maybe that's why the world is so hosed up.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TEAYCHES posted:

and the thought is about fractals

God created the universe because he wanted to play with trains

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

It's a toilet thought.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's a toilet thought.

fractal toilets?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TEAYCHES posted:

wrong. as a black person i can personally confirm that we all consist of the densest of anti matters and, if allowed to populate sufficiently will create a singularity resulting in the evaporation of the universe.

slavery was basically anti-armageddon protocol

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

TEAYCHES posted:

black ppl have a larger amount of melanin in their skin, otherwise they are the same as you or me.
That's what we want you to believe, anyway...

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Amateur Saboteur posted:

wrong. as a black person i can personally confirm that we all consist of the densest of anti matters and, if allowed to populate sufficiently will create a singularity resulting in the evaporation of the universe.

slavery was basically anti-armageddon protocol

Is that why you desire our white women, just to rub it in our faces? Cos I want some of that black booty regardless goddamn.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Then what is a mixed person?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Negative Entropy posted:

a mulatto

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Negative Entropy posted:

space traitor

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

op you're basically correct

an important and probably correct way to think about the universe is as a single incredibly complex - or incredibly simple - quantum probability space with infinite dimensions, which as you suggest, any slice of which by its nature contains its whole, just like a fractal

good work

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

op you're basically correct

an important and probably correct way to think about the universe is as a single incredibly complex - or incredibly simple - quantum probability space with infinite dimensions, which as you suggest, any slice of which by its nature contains its whole, just like a fractal

good work

i did acid a couple times, watched cosmos and read some books about buddhism....... i know the score here

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

The Dennis System posted:

Energy is the capacity to do work. Dark matter is some sort of hypothetical matter that doesn't reflect light or something, I don't really know.
light (photons) don't have an anti-particle. Anti-matter is real and observable in various tests *.Baryon asymmetry tries to account for why we don't have very much dark matter in the observable universe. I think it is because our autistic children stopped building better telescopes and were encouraged to more crayon drawings.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

something that i think is weird is that reality exists and its almost incomprehensible to imagine any tautology to it. like something weird is happening when really nothing should be happening at all imo

like what if nothing existed

makes you think

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAOVxqg49DQ

We're all in a snowglobe.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

descartes had a good point about only being sure that he was thinking and existed, but the larger point is that all of this is happening and its a cosmic mystery as to the mechanism of it

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

if you would like the answer to that question i recommend reading dr max tegmark's book our mathematical universe

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

whats dark matter
dark matter is what comes out of my butthole following a night of heavy drinking

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

if you would like the answer to that question i recommend reading dr max tegmark's book our mathematical universe

could you summarize it for me because as i get older and become more of an upset, anxious gay alcoholic im less able to read books like that

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
my first memory is of klaxtor prime when my hatted 3 birth parents drew from the choosing hat the hat which symbolized the gutter planet earth of the unhatful turd universe and great shame was brought to their hats

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

TEAYCHES posted:

could you summarize it for me because as i get older and become more of an upset, anxious gay alcoholic im less able to read books like that

ok. he posits that the reason why everything is fundamentally mathematical is because mathematics is the ultimate nature of reality. every mathematical object exists, including our - and every other self-consistent - universe. these mathematical objects are complete and unchanging; they might have time as part of their makeup but only internally, like a book in an infinite unchanging library: the ensemble.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

ok. he posits that the reason why everything is fundamentally mathematical is because mathematics is the ultimate nature of reality. every mathematical object exists, including our - and every other self-consistent - universe. these mathematical objects are complete and unchanging; they might have time as part of their makeup but only internally, like a book in an infinite unchanging library: the ensemble.

thats cool. i guess i have nothing to add to that other than that i think its fascinating and im still bewildered like the "its happening" ron paul gif

TEAYCHES fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

an exercise to think about : there is a book. the characters believe themselves alive and experience time, and have every proof of this, although we know they can't change beyond what has been written and we can read the pages in any order we choose.

1. what is the nature of existence for these characters if no-one chooses to read the book?
2. how would it change if no-one could read that book because it was locked away?
3. how would it change if no-one knew of the existence of the book, not even its author?
4. how would it change if the book was in a language no-one could read?
5. how would it change if the book was burnt to ashes?
6. how would it change if the book never existed?
7. how are we different to the characters?

• Locked thread