Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

The gently caress is any of this poo poo. Truly, he writes from another universe.

edit: the Guardian QT live blog is great right now.

quote:

A Dorothy Dixer for the prime minister.

Q: My question is to the prime minister. Will the prime minister outline to the house actions the government has taken in 2014 to strengthen the economy and deliver real benefits for families and small businesses in my electorate?

Tony Abbott:

I do thank the member for Barton for his question. This has been a year of delivery of the Australian people.

(Theatrical laughter from folks opposite.)

It has.

W-we delivered tons of stuff, you guys :negative:

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
First-term, known control freak PM breaks critical election promises, gets turfed for (presumably) his (female) deputy?

If it happens, the irony might kill me.

edit: Guardian Live Blog

quote:

Labor’s agriculture spokesman, Joel Fitzgibbon, sticking in the knife after the Nationals shocking showing in the Victorian election.

Q: My question is to the minister for agriculture. I refer to the minister’s comments that the responsibility for the future of SPC’s fruit cannery lay fair and square with the Liberal Party. Given the Victorian Nationals have lost the seat of Shepparton after 47 years, and will lose their party status, does the minister accept personal responsibility for the loss of this seat?

Barnaby Joyce has flushed bright beetroot.

Joyce says everything is Labor’s fault.

The Labor party creates the pigsty and we have to clean it up.

(I thought we were on tinned pears.)

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

quote:

The DLP senator David Leyonhjelm has been out this morning doffing his helmet to the poor oppressed bikers of Australia. Tailoring messages to your audience is a stock standard part of professional politics.

But I reckon Leyonhjelm could have left his man junk out of it.

Leyonhjelm:

The people behind me (politicians) do not understand the joy of cruising out on the highway.

In fact, very few of them have ever had anything between their legs with more grunt than a pogo stick.

When put to the test, I suspect very few of them ever have much between their legs at all.

Highway to hell, right there.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Just quoting it from the blog, their mistake!

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
I think you're running out of friends, there, Abbott.

Then again I guess everyone wants to back the winner.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

homebrew posted:

Kevin Rudd $1.80

dunno mate it's a pretty long bow

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Those On My Left posted:

Off a fuckin' Lib.

Vic state best state.

Not an emptyquote.

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 9, 2014

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Splode posted:

I think I read that itresulted in more people smoking cheaper brands, and having much less brand loyalty, but this is from a half remembered article? post? NFI from ages ago, so I'm probably completely wrong.

I don't know the article either, but I work in a petrol station and was there well before the changeover. Since plain packaging there's been way more customers asking which ones are the cheapest, especially the younger ones. Most of the well-known brands like Winfield and Peter Jackson still sell, but new lines just rot on the shelf (unless it undercuts all the rest in price like Bond Street). So yeah, older customers will still buy whatever they did before, new ones get whatever's cheap (or what their parents smoked I guess).

IslamoNazi posted:

You do realise it should be turned into a chalice right?

Not so fast!

(any excuse to post that)

T-1000 posted:

There's precedent for donating your skull to a theatre company on the proviso you get the role of Yorick in a production of Hamlet.

They did that with a David Tennant production, it didn't really work because the audience cheered and applauded when the skull came out which kind of ruined the scene

GoldStandardConure posted:

Donate your skull to Davis Auruni so it can glare in judgement at him for all eternity.

He does like to keep it nearby all the time, huh?

Seriously people, watch that if you haven't already, it's great.

Well, the people aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Sanguine posted:

Anyone feel like a math test to rub in LNP voter's faces?

This is a survery being done by an ANU Master's student, so ignore the first page (that makes it look like it'll tell you your dog's ideal twilight fanfic).

http://bit.ly/1wJLk9x

Chalk up another 100 for the Greens, showing off those Further Maths and psych stats skills.*

*said skills may not exist

• Locked thread