Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I demand a petition calling on Bill Shorten to read that poem in parliament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Does Bolt usually worship Newman?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Smug Labor posted:

Spurred by four years of conservative State Government and the worst conservative Federal Government in living memory, the Victorian Greens Party primary vote surged by a whopping 0.02%. Clearly the Party of the future.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If Bishop gets a go, the Australian Public will be like

Australian Voter posted:

What's with all these backstabbing women in politics?

and never vote for a woman for a few terms, sending equality backwards a bit in politics because then every female will be JULIAR.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

How is Stefanovic the most hard-hitting political journalist we have? :psyduck:

This country is hilarious.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

God drat, she looks like an evil step-mother from a 90s family flick.

"I'LL GET THOSE DALMATIANS!"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Guys I got this in the mail along-side a Campbell Newman ad. The state election is soon and this is the second LNP letterbox I've gotten this week but I'm curious where this claim comes from:

100,000 new jobs? Where?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Aren't these kind of letterbox drops illegal when there's no election date announced? I mean there's even LNP ads on bus interiors now. I saw one yesterday. Maybe it's just Queensland, maybe at some point the QLD Government gave themselves ridiculous advertising exceptions.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So you're telling me the fate of Asylum Seekers rests in Ricky Muir's hands? You couldn't make this up. :allears:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

http://concit.org/australia-under-islam-in-25-years-islamic-constitution-of-australia/ posted:

USTRALIA UNDER ISLAM in 25 years

The Islamic Party of Australia Hizb-ut Tahrir have openly posted their draft Islamic Constitution of Australia—they claimed on its release to the public that it would take 25 years before Australia will be under Islamic rule.
Every mosque just brings that closer.

Been making the rounds on facebook. God I hate social networks.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Seeing Howard's loving face: So this is where it all began. :smith:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So are those houses going for rent or are they just sitting on them? Meanwhile we have a population boom so...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A SLICK NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN WILL SAVE THE ABBOTT GOVERNMENT

News Ltd. posted:

The Abbott Government’s secret plan for a media blitz on higher education

THE government has secretly accumulated market research and “slick” video advertisements, ready for a massive campaign aimed at selling its changes to higher education funding to young people.
The campaign to reassure potential higher education students about their fees could include Twitter and Facebook spots in addition to placements in newspapers and on radio and television.
Yesterday, Education Minister Christopher Pyne said the government might “look at” an “education campaign” — but planning has actually been underway since October.

Mr Pyne credited the idea to an Independent senator, John Madigan, who has angrily denied the claim today.
On Tuesday night, the government’s legislation to change funding to universities and deregulate fees was rejected by the Senate. The next day, Mr Pyne introduced a similar bill, to be debated next year.
The Education Minister also raised the prospect of an advertising campaign on Wednesday after talking to cross bench senators, including Mr Madigan.
“One of the things that Senator Madigan asked for was that an education campaign be run by the government to quell some of the concerns that people have in the community,” said Mr Pyne. “We’ll look at that of course.”

However, Senator Madigan has angrily denied it was his idea, and attacked Mr Pyne for his claim.
“Clearly the government has not sold its policies well,” Senator Madigan said on Facebook. “Its engagement with the public and the crossbench has been patchy. “Unequivocally, I never called for an advertising campaign using taxpayers’ money and I would never support such a measure.”
Proposed “slick and lively” television ads tell viewers university graduates earn 75 per cent more than non-graduates, a source has told news.com.au.
There was a theme, said the source, that the government would pay half of the cost of a university fee and HECS pays the rest, with zero dollars upfront.
There was no mention of the size of the fees, with Labor insisting the government’s reduced funding and deregulation could produce $100,000 degrees.
A proposed full-page newspaper advertisement featured a dollar sign divided down the middle to indicate the government would cover half the university fee.
A long video has been shot to be run on Facebook.

Please just make it all end. :smith:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

POLICE PLATOONS SEIZE GOON FROM HOONS - The Daily Telegraph

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

That woman who resigned from the Liberal Party has just joined The Sex Party, apparently.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What the gently caress, they handed him a phone with children on the other end begging for freedom? WHAT

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So the Greens are posting about how this means 24 babies BORN in Australia will now be sent to Nauru. People have misinterpreted the Greens outrage as approval and are sharing the statuses as The Greens being against "anchor babies" and the babies being sent away is a good thing because "no one takes shortcuts into Australia".

I guess what I'm saying is that some people are simply crazy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A real life LNP voter posted:

In this case I see your point its a touchy one however the parents of these kids came here illegally where's the line in the sand drawn ? I could agree that these kids could perhaps retain their Aussie citizen ship and return here at the age of consent if they choose to do but there parents don't deserve a free ride just because they had a kid here that would be unfair on everyone else an example has to be made to show were not weak at the knees which is what I disliked about how labor was handling things

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The lines on his jaw kinda make him look like a Goosebumps dummy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Queensland Labor has released their election policies really loving early. They must be anticipating a snap election soon.

Policies so far found here

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm at the airport and theres way too many people getting pulled over for simply being brown.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm at the Great Barrier Reef and wow there is so much dead coral.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I could post photos but all you guys need to know is that the famous colourful Coral is gone and they domesticate big fish with prawn feeding frenzies so that children can touch them.

I hired all the gear, oh yeah time to see some sort of crazy alien deep ocean poo poo and all there was were fat domesticated fish and dead Coral like the ruins of Atlantis.

Then I went on a complimentary submarine tour and all I got was the same thing except this time, the submarine's propellers were wrecking the poo poo out of dead coral.

I asked the "marine expert" who was taking questions on our tour if the reef is shrinking or dying and he denied both. According to this sad man, the reef isn't shrinking or dying. It's changing but the change is seasonal and all the coral will grow back. He then thanked the Queensland government and also denied my followup question about climate change killing the reef and said the reef has been the same for decades.

Here is a picture anyway.

Grey and lifeless just like liberal voters. White with no colour just like our immigration policy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would hate to see Cairns die with the reef.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nah mate all this fine state needs is a swing back to the ALP and the reef will be saved!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey man, thongs are shoes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So I'm going to the Skyrail and the tour guide is ranting about how green groups tried to stop it and how it didn't damage anything at all. We also drove past Cairns Hospital and he started singing praise about how the Queensland Government is fixing the health system. Every tour guide I've talked to seems to be stating the exact opposite of reality. Probably because they don't want bad word of the mouth doing in what is already a tourist industry on life support.

Its very North Korean. NO NO, the reef is fine, great hospital, god bless the Queensland Government.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Does Morrison have any economic credentials?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yes but Treasury shouldn't be a position on who can handle the media better. It should be about economic experience and financial expertise. :(

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Every time we pass Cairns hospital in a shuttle bus the drivers sing praise about how great the Queensland Government is. Did Newman promise anything to the Cairns hospital or do these bus drivers have to do it by contract?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Urcher posted:

Looks like he promised $15M over 4 years to upgrade the hospital when he was campaigning. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-20/newman-pledges-15m-for-cairns-hospital/3901430

Presumably he's been delivering on that promise otherwise the locals wouldn't be full of praise for him.

Newman begging for federal money posted:

"We'll then of course be lobbying the Federal Government because they have a huge role here in terms of this move to tier one."

Given Tony's cuts to health...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Brisbane times posted:

Bruce Flegg dumped again as LNP candidate for Moggill

Bruce Flegg has been dumped as the LNP candidate for Moggill for next year's state election, thanks to a voting bloc of LNP state executive members.

Dr Flegg was recontesting preselection against Dr Christian Rowan, who was the preferred candidate of the party executive.

"I was concerned when I saw the number of state executive people that had turned up," he said.

"I would have been very confident were it a vote of local members, but that's what the rules are, they're entitled to that many votes so you can't argue with these decisions."

It's understood 23 state executive members attended the meeting at the Brookfield State School, none of whom live in the electorate.

"I've never seen it before," Dr Flegg said. "But that's the result, and I'll just get on with it."

The LNP put Dr Rowan up as the only candidate at the first ballot in October, but he was rejected by rank-and-file members.

The party executive decided to let both men contest the position.

Dr Flegg said he bore Dr Rowan no grudge.

"I wish him well – there's no point in carrying sour grapes," he said.

"People do and act in the way they see best and see fit, and we accept that."

Dr Flegg said he pleaded his case for preselection strongly, even producing a letter of support signed by all but four Queensland MPs.

"Sadly none of them have a vote," Dr Flegg told Brisbane Times.

Dr Flegg said he would continue to serve the people of Moggill as their local member until the election was called.

Dr Rowan said he was humbled by the nomination.

"I grew up in the electorate and with my wife Jane, we are raising our own family here," he said.

"I know the issues which are important to my community as will be working hard to deliver the roads, jobs and frontline services we need."

LNP President Bruce McIver said Dr Rowan would be a strong representative.
"He is passionate about his community and as former AMAQ President is an experienced advocate for those he represents," he said

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What's to say a bunch of lions don't post on Auspol?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

propaganda is happening

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Adnar posted:

Does this poo poo actually happen man?

Yes. The diving company sent me a CD-ROM with all my underwater photos and they also included photos of the reef that didn't include me.

These beautiful photos of a living reef appear to be from...

Reef in 2003:
Reef now:

It almost makes my weekend in Cairns kinda saddening. Besides the Reef dying, the rainforests were rad.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So much salt is in these last two weeks

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The media speculation about Leadership can be traced back to Peter Costello where there was heaps of fanfiction in both Newspapers and Liberal backbenchers. After the Howard Government fell and Rudd turned out to be a weirdo, the revived interest has been with us ever since.

EDIT: You missed the most bitter part of the article

quote:

With Labor back in charge of our money – fuelled by the barely functioning intelligent life form known as the Greens and those guardians of greed the unions – our economy would nosedive into Euro-style stagnation and high unemployment faster than a Euro bullet train. Already in Victoria, only a week after the Libs lost, union thugs are shutting down businesses.

How stupid are we as a nation that we’re not even prepared to pay a tiny amount (the cost of two cups of coffee, or a Happy meal) to visit the doc? Even the Kiwis figured out that a decent healthcare system costs dosh.

How thick are we that we think everybody can go to uni for free? (Who’s supposed to pay for all those computers, teachers, buildings, labs etc that allows students to graduate and get rich? You.)

Anidav fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 8, 2014

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is there a comprehensive list of businesses shut down by Union thugs since last week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

How about increasing funding to remove those loving starfish and poo poo rather than paying for a think tank to sit on their rear end and spit out recommendations which the LNP will not ideologically adhere to?

• Locked thread