Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i enjoyed fury

hell, i though Shia Labeouf was actually good in it. for that alone it's a good movie.

ending was kinda bullshit though. you know that ss officer would've dusted the gently caress out of him when he peeped him under the tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQgQDK0RqGo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

wasnt shia labouf the churchy le church gunner and not the new kid?

yeah, i think he did a good job with it

ps the entire last act of the movie is total horseshit in terms of realism but whatev cuz its presented like a mythic tale

WELL HELLO THERE MR.NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON SO NICE OF YOU TO POINT OUT STUPID BULLSHIT IN MOVIES

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

He refused to shower while making the film and yanked out a tooth himself to get into character better.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Livejournal is the hidden shame of our generation.

man if youtube/twitter was a thing when i was a kid online i'd be unemployable

all we had was geocities pages, livejournals, and aim profiles. at least they're gone now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Our grenade training in basic was basically us walking around the woods of Ft. Leonard Wood, signing off our own sheets so we got expert, and throwing the one grenade into a pit.

We also had a milk crate of them in the humvee when I was in Iraq. We never used them.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Same sorta thing here- my wife ordered a couple picture frames from Amazon on Friday, and they were in our doorstep today.

they def weren't there last night, so idk wtf is going on

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 7, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

what the gently caress cleveland

edit:

hahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahaah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

This made my laugh so hard my eyes started tearing. Christ.

I needed a pick me up after the refs ripped the Bills because they weren't playing to the NFL narrative.

Between this and the Raiders beating San Fran, I'm feeling ok.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

50 Foot Ant posted:

she wants to be a loving X-Ray tech.

hahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

50 Foot Ant posted:

Better than being what I was, or a medic like her momma.

Got out, and those translated directly to jack and poo poo.

What's X-Ray tech like nowadays?

If she's got her Daddy's luck (real lovely) is she going to find herself attached to a loving EOD unit X-Raying poo poo? Or is she just gonna be a hospital drunk making sure nobody gets good medical care?

shes gonna be in a csh doing stupid bullshit like nonstop inventory while irradiating herself with military-grade x-ray machines that haven't been properly serviced in years

she'll be glow-in-the-dark by the time she gets to phase 2 of her life plan

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Christoff posted:

The "techs" at the RAS where I was at had some 1 month certification. Didn't mean poo poo but they could do literally all the same stuff

I mean if she can get guaranteed x-ray that's a pretty good gig. I think the Army has specific MOS's for specific medical jobs but idk

Army medical has a fuckload of specific MOSs. Pharmacist, X-Ray, Physical Therapy, Nutritionalist, Medic, etc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Bellum posted:

Or be a paralegal MOS, or a chaplain's assistant, or any of the medical MOS, or public affairs. There's a lot of options for a single mother with a kid.

hottest army girl i ever met was a chaplain's assistant.

She also had 12 Hello Kitty tattoos, so she certainly wasn't sane.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Christoff posted:

If it's anything like the civilian side of things it's going to be full up. I'd assume it's the most desired MOS in the Army and every person going through those doors asks for it

"Hmm I've never worked in medicine but my aunt is an x-ray tech and makes $30 an hour! I want to do that!"

See also: Nurses who are totally going to become nurse anesthetists and make hella bank (protip: they never do)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Christoff posted:

Ya but still make bank?

It's getting harder these days, unless you're willing to wipe old people butts in a nursing home.

There's always work there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

around these parts the lucrative wiping old fogey rear end free of diarrhea is being monopolized by the east africans

That and nurses don't want to do it. it's beneath them, and they're supposed to be telling the techs to do it.

Problem is that hospitals are still losing money, the demand for nurses is moving towards the old folks homes as the gray bomb looms.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

You haven't lived if you haven't seen a dude on a long convoy open the little bulletproof window, stick his rear end out and pinch a loaf out at 70mph.

Bonus points if he has to wash it off the door later.

Ambulance + Lawn Chair with hole kicked out.

poo poo into a blue napkin, tie it up and throw it to the kids while shouting MISTER MISTER PLEASE CHOCOLATE

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

iyaayas01 posted:

/\ lol /\

Correct answer

Yeah there's several different cuts out there but the only one worth watching is The Final Cut, the only one on which Scott had complete artistic control.

Also watch the Blu-Ray if you can, they did a fantastic job in making it look gorgeous.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

We had a woman (an engineer, even) break down crying while giving a briefing in OTS. IIRC it was like a 3-5 minute brief on whatever to your own class, so the dozen or so people you spent every minute of every day with for 12 weeks.

Must be cool to have feelings. She should check her privilege.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Anyone have one of the new Kindle Fire HD e-readers? My kindle just died an untimely death and I don't want to venture into any of the IYG threads to ask about it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

zombie303 posted:

Books don't die.

you don't have a 2 year old, i take it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ActusRhesus posted:

if you can wait a bit, I can tell you.

Apparently that's my Christmas gift.

yeah, it's mine too. my wife isn't the most tech savvy so she's asking me to grab what I want and she'll just wrap it up for xmas morning which is cool

im probably going to grab it anyways because I just want to read books in my recliner and be an old man

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

It's the same price for both of them at this point, so I may just go for the Fire HD just to have something else on me for when the kids are bored outta their minds in the car or whatever so I don't have to give em my phone for them to play angry birds and poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, comics are the other reason why I'm really considering it. There's a bunch of .cbz readers available on there which would be cool to have. I'm prolly just going to grab the 7" Fire HD and call it a day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Deathy McDeath posted:

Alright, so Columbia has what they call "Orgo night" twice a year. Right before the organic chemistry final, the marching band goes into the library (where everyone and their brother studies) and plays marching music and tells jokes and does dumb skits or whatever. I haven't been to one yet, but supposedly they are somewhat funny but full of off-color jokes. Whatever. As part of the white racist cissexual heteronormative kyriarchy, this poo poo doesn't affect me.

Apparently some tumblrite students are super pissed about it

quote:

This is not about Zionism-this is not about you and your self-centred, egomaniac, Likud/IDF/Apartheid-anti-Arab-Racist-state/GazaChildrenKillingMachine/WestBankOccupier funded propaganda yet I still don't agree that Orgo night should be called off.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Reasons why civilian life owns #998473: End of the year bonuses.

I had honestly forgotten they were a thing until today. Never had one before.

sup bonus buddy

i got one this week for being the one person on my shift who gives the slightest of fucks

on top of that my paycheck had like 40 hours of OT from working thxgiving weekend

so im buying yet another fightstick and bought all the christmas gifts on amazon so life is good

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

not caring here posted:

Is this like the dildo code word or something now?

basically

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yea. It's all working great.

you went to windows 7, right? glad its working for you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'd rather houseguests see a dildo on my coffee table than a $200 controller for fighting games, but on the other hand having a Street Fighter cabinet would be p. cool.

Man, you're talking to someone who has looked long and hard into getting a cabinet, and each time I'm about to bite the bullet it's just not something I can commit to. Too much money, too much work, too much space, and too much effort.

I'd kill to have a Neo-Geo MVS system or even an ugly-rear end Namco Noir setup but man people charge out the loving rear end for one with a working montor and JAMMA harness, or they do stupid loving things to old cabinets so they can jam in some crappy MAME box they made so they can play a lagged out version of Robotron on a 8 inch screen

Theres a dude out of Texas that sells really well-made Viewlix cabinets, all you have to do is drop in a 32" screen, some buttons and a controller PCB and you're good to go, its made for consoles and poo poo.

but yeah, you could go through all that or pay for a fightstick that just plugs into a console or PC and do it that way.

I'm grabbing a PS4 one asap for Guilty Gear Xrd and the eventual Ultra Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat X, and Street Fighter V releases.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Top Gear Vietnam is still their best special. Jeremy hates life so much for most of the episode.

When the challenge to ride from South Vietnam to the northern tip, he looks so utterly devastated.

my favorite is the Bolivia special, still. the race to get to lower elevation was insanely nerve-racking.

also seeing hammond coked out was rad

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

Agreed.

That said, the difference between a fight stick and a cabinet is the difference between collecting model trains and owning a locomotive.

Yeah. There's times where I'd love to rebuild a cabinet and make it run awesome and poo poo, but 90% of the time I just wanna punch mans and yell at people on xbox live while i beat them the shittiest way possible in street fighter 4

If i found a working candy cab of SF3: Third Strike around here though I'd probably go nuts and buy it asap

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you're ever in San Fran, you should check out the Mechanical Museum. I think it would be extremely your poo poo.

gently caress, i'd love to go to the west coast if for nothing else than that they actually still have arcades out there.

Not many, but still more than here.

My sheer laziness is why I don't play flight sims or anything very demanding of my attention. I just don't have the effort to put forth.

I totally get why some people grow out of video games.

I just don't have the time to get into a lot of poo poo that requires me to sit down for more than 30-45 min at a time. Really the only game I've played where I've exceeded that in the past while was Dark Souls 2.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

That's why racing games work so well for me. I can play anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour at a time. It's entirely up to me.

same with fighting games. at most i'm spending 5 minutes on a match online.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

A part of me wants to spend the time to get really good at fighting games*, or chess.

*at least to the point that I know what's going on beyond "everyone hates hundred hand slap."

I mean, if you want to learn SF now's the time. USFIV is going to be the standard for the next while until SFV drops.

plus lol Honda is scrub tier right now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Just landed a really loving excellent paid internship with a big ad agency just now. These dudes hire after graduation, too. Owns.

Grats dude!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A Ranger Goes to College, Part 1

quote:

One fall morning, I skipped up the steps and down the gilded halls of academia to my first class of the day for the semester. As I rounded my way into the class room, I was almost knocked down on my rear end by an invisible uppercut to the chin called yoga pants.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

pkells posted:

Beer chat: I'm driving up from SC to MA this weekend, and decided to stop by the original Dogfish Head Brewpub in Delaware. Got a hotel a block away, so I'm getting hammered on crazy beers tonight :cheers:

im sorry you have to drive in Massachusetts, home of the worst drivers in america

• Locked thread