Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is a great explanation. Raw sucked a big fat stinky poopy butt but this podcast was great.

I hated the following things:

-Vince burying Cesaro
-Vince burying millennials
-Vince dodging some of the questions hardcore
-Vince half-assing the Punk apology, though any apology was more than I expected
-Vince putting JR under the bus for Flair being shitfaced

I loved the following things:

-Vince putting over The Shield and actually mentioning Dean first
-Vince seeming genuinely contrite in his own way about the Punk thing (I think this fits with the Meltzer story that HHH is the really angry one and probably the one who angered Punk more)
-Steve going in HARD on Vince and not softballing anything

I'd love more live Austin podcasts with some of the talent. That'd be extremely my poo poo.

He apologized for the thing that Punk really got pissed about which was recieving the firing papers on his wedding day. Other than that Punk seemed just burnt out as gently caress and pissed that they didn't seem to care that he could literally die if he didn't get MSRA fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, like Didn't Punk even say that like Randy Orton didn't know/wouldn't ask questions if something was dumb was being done.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

It seriously blows my mind that they just jobbed the New Day guys out like that in what was essentially their debut. Smackdown never counts, lets be real here.

How can it not make every single viewer feel like they wasted their time? Weeks of vignettes hyping up these guys and they lose in the middle of a gauntlet match.

Maybe they're going to turn them heel immediately, angry black man stable sick of the man making them dance.

I mean they gave them an "out" because it was a distraction by Star/Golddust into a rollup.

But yeah, doesn't really do them any good.

Best way to handle that would have been for Gold and Star to pull Kofi and Big E out of the ring and then do a countout elimination rather than having them eat a pin but :shrug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

You just gotta grab that brass ring

belee dat

Oh man, I never noticed how bad that looks when it's not happening inside of a wrestling ring. Oh god.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gatts posted:

Let me tell you about the tombstone piledriver that involves the victim stuffing his face in Takers crotch for safety and being a 69 position.

Everything I once thought was cool is infact really stupid and lame, I guess it's time for me to become a respectible adult.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Usos are the number one contenders. Again.

LETS GO USOS, USOS SUCK

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jesus Christ this thread. Well That Poster.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Everblight posted:

Then again, he's T.I.'s lawyer, and T.I. went to jail.

T.I is also black, which is a pretty large modifier in the justice system.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Aurain posted:

Regardless of Punk saying "I know what I'm worth", that's still good money. Entry level UFC fighters used to get 8k/8k show/win, but a large chunk of that was spent in the build up to fights on training and related stuff. My heart hardly bleeds for Punk on that point, even though shafting him out of the promised money is bullshit.

Who the gently caress cares, he was going to make 20 loving thousand for sitting on his rear end for 4 hours before they took it away from him because their own booking of shows in mexico were under-performing, if he honestly means that much to the company of loving course he should be getting paid accordingly.

People are real quick to tell the actual talent/on the field product that they make enough money, why would you complain you get paid to play a game/fake fight etc etc. While the actual owners are laughing their way to the loving bank making millions and millions of dollars off their back.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Endorph posted:

I wouldn't even mind them trying to get us to like something that sucks if they at least stuck with something. When was the last time anyone got a big main event push that they stuck with? Sheamus got King'd, D-Bry had to be dragged to the main event by the crowd... I wouldn't give a poo poo if they made someone awful a main eventer, just so long as they gave us a new main eventer and stuck with them. Miz was pretty bad, but people were still excited because holy poo poo, new main eventer, and then he lost every single match, was shoved aside by The Rock, and now he's in a comedy tagteam. An awesome comedy tagteam, but still.

The Shield Trio seems to be just sort of awkwardly floating around the upper midcard, waiting for someone to pull the trigger on one of them.

Seth is the top heel in the company now, and Roman is going to get a Jesus Cenaish push when he comes back.

Dean is in a filler feud til the end of TLC where who knows what they do with him for the Road to Wrestlemania.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

He's doing really well but then so was Bray before he wrestled Cena on ppv

Bray was still fine, It was the fact that they put him in some stupid feud against Jericho, and then had Cena loving squash him after Summerslam.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

It was more that his promos, while delivered really well, do very little to get you invested in matches.

Sorta, the WM Cena match was built perfectly and if they had gone through with the ending of having Cena hit Wyatt with the chair, and win(or get DQ'd) It would have been so much better. Cena could still overcome the odds and regain his legacy(lol) but Wyatt needed that win in order for his character to have impact.

The problem with Wyatt's promo's is that we know that he won't be making any long term changes to a character because He's feuded with John Cena, a part timer, and now Dean Ambrose which they have said is ending at TLC.

I enjoyed the Daniel Wyatt stuff as that could have been a interesting storyline. But they killed that off early because Daniel Bryan was over as gently caress as a face.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Roman Reigns posted:

Gotta finish that bucket list, even if it costs losing the memory of your own wedding day

Maybe he'll forget why he was mad at the WWE and return...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Viper_3000 posted:

The last one I remember was Wade Barrett v. Sheamus in a Beat the Clock challenge before the 2013 Rumble. Out of curiosity anyone remember anything since then?

Dean and Seth had a timed thing this year.

I think it was Dean vs Del Rio and Seth vs Slater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Haha yeah before reading your last line I was going to say, "everyone talks about wanting 'seasons' for wrestling, and here RVD is doing just that for himself!'

It's really not on him to put in a 24/7 schedule so the current guys feel better about themselves. If he can come in and get paid good for him. He spends his time putting over the young guys anyway, it's not like he's coming back like HHH does.

This entire year Triple H has done nothing but put over younger guys.

He sold a goddamn Brie Bella Kick.

• Locked thread