Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Erik Rowan was the best part of Raw and I'm not sure how to handle that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Reading the recap I'm guessing I can skip this RAW.

Curious was there an Ascension hype video?

The most interesting thing about this Raw was that we learned that Rowan is a vintner. It was really bad.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Usos have good PPV matches but everything that happens between the PPVs is the loving worst.

wwe.txt

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah its just their style and I enjoy the times when they do some things a little different; if I'm in the mood for different matches with different pacing I'll watch Indy's/NJPW

Watching this year's G1, I realized that New Japan's wrestlers do a lot of the same things that WWE guys do in terms of each person having their spots to hit and the same basic match structure to follow, but in general NJPW doesn't have 10 hours of programming a week to fill so it's far less notable.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

It's funny people are so mad about Vince saying that about millenials when Austin has said the same basic thing on his podcast.

Austin isn't in charge of WWE.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

A stairs match. Are they going to be providing extra stairs like they do for table and ladder matches? just piles of stairs lining the ramp?

It's actually going to be in the back of the arena in the stairwell. Each landing will have several steel steps on them. They start at the top of the arena and the first person to reach the bottom of the building loses.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Blast Fantasto posted:

Kurt Angle re-upped with TNA, so there goes any chance of him being an authority figure / dying in a WWE ring.

Well some people are content to live out their final years in irrelevance.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Inexplicable is a better nickname for him.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Onmi posted:

It's double dumb because it's completely at odds with how he used to be

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1io1q0_john-cena-vs-jbl-judgment-day-2005-i-quit-match_sport

"You fight for this championship because of your "legacy", I fight for everyone who brought me to the dance."

Where did this go?

I don't think you've been paying attention. John Cena's time is now. No use dwelling in the past!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I like how the Ambrose/Wyatt feud has been relegated to Smackdown. It tells us just how much we should care about it (not at all).

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

keevo posted:

How do they know if someone that isn't a headliner is the draw?

Is the wrestler someone they want to push? Then they're a draw!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE SLAMMYS!!!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2014-slammy-awards-voting

i'm not really that excited

Where's MOTY? I want to know which John Cena matches they'll let me choose from.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

West007 posted:

Just finished Smackdown, pretty good show, better than RAW thats for sure. But a Kane run in finish AGAIN?

Kane is a lost puppy, without the Authority to direct him he just continues to try and cause DQ finishes without rhyme or reason. Though I thought it was cool that they had Rollins lose clean to Ryback. Really builds the suspense for that match with Cena's!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

"Yes!" - Big Show

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thauros posted:

Dave and Bryan are speculating that Dean Ambrose may be removed from the PPV and Reigns will take his place in the match. Again, this is speculation mind you, but apparently they're claiming that Ambrose's kayfabe injury is the rather severe crushed trachea and Reigns is ready so it would make sense.

That would be... jesus loving christ. I want to compare it to Hogan at WMIX bullshit but I know it's nowhere near as bad as that. But still, if that loving happens it would be the most WWE thing.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Red posted:

What was Reigns even doing before the surgery?

Squashing Rollins and winning Ambrose's feuds for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I hope RVD doesn't come back because his last run was pretty abysmal. Cesaro couldn't get a good match out of him, and he only had good chemistry with Orton, the one man on the roster I want to see the least.

• Locked thread