Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

Who cares?

I just find it funny if anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The most recent Smackdown had its best rating in ages last Friday, thus confirming that The New Day are the greatest and everybody loves them.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jerusalem posted:

The most recent Smackdown had its best rating in ages last Friday, thus confirming that The New Day are the greatest and everybody loves them.

Ahem, that was Daniel Bryan's Smackdown :smug:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Watching the Austin McMahon interview for the first time and I never noticed til just now how big Vince's ears are.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ahem, that was Daniel Bryan's Smackdown :smug:

So we're agreed... Daniel Bryan needs to be in The New Day.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jerusalem posted:

Owen was in the Nation, Daniel is in New Day

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smoking Crow posted:

Owen was in the Nation, Daniel is in New Day

I AM NOT (going to eat) A (Chicken Mc)NUGGET! :mad:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

oldpainless posted:

Watching the Austin McMahon interview for the first time and I never noticed til just now how big Vince's ears are.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

NO. THE USOS NEED MORE TITLE SHOTS. MORE.

WWE Roster

Cena
Usos
Those other mooks

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Sex Robot posted:

WWE Roster

Cena
Lazy uninspired unambitious millenials

Fixed for accuracy

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

dialhforhero posted:

Fixed for accuracy

I'm watching the interview now. Literally as he just said that. Way to poo poo all over your whole loving performance staff.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Just how Candid Mcmahon and Austin are being in this talk is loving impressive.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I genuinely don't understand how someone is supposed to grab the brass ring on a heavily scripted show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

Team Kofi Kingston looking for a fight!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

When somebody hands you the brass ring, grab it. God help you if you try to reach out for it or alter it in any way.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Atticus Finch posted:

I genuinely don't understand how someone is supposed to grab the brass ring on a heavily scripted show.

"People are afraid of taking a risk in case they piss anybody off"

"Well don't piss anyone off then"

gently caress you Vince :frog:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Atticus Finch posted:

They aren't its just bullshit lies from a crazy person who has had a weird rat person talking in his ear for decades, furthering his dementia.

I don't really believe Vince is that healthy as he says he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he went out like Warrior.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's funny people are so mad about Vince saying that about millenials when Austin has said the same basic thing on his podcast.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

MassRafTer posted:

It's funny people are so mad about Vince saying that about millenials when Austin has said the same basic thing on his podcast.

Austin isn't signing their paycheques. It's sort of a "why can't you be more like your brother. He's so much better than you in every way shape and form"

Except your brother is the attitude era.

And he's been dead for 8 years, but your mother still won't shut up about him.

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 3, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah but you see, it's okay when a person I like says something, but wrong and bad when a person I hate says the same thing.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 3, 2014

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

They're both wrong m8

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Austin isn't in charge of WWE.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So how did Cena grab the brass ring exactly? He seemed to accidentally grab it by dressing up as Vanilla Ice one year. A lot of his success can be attributed to strong booking for the past 10 years.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Astro7x posted:

So how did Cena grab the brass ring exactly? He seemed to accidentally grab it by dressing up as Vanilla Ice one year. A lot of his success can be attributed to strong booking for the past 10 years.

WWE decided they wanted him to have it so they handed it to him. That's how, because that's the only way to possess it in the WWE.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Who cares?

Nobody, which is great if the goal of their booking is apathy

Atticus Finch posted:

It's so fuckin retarded. With the way WWE is run now there's so many all-time great wrestlers that would have been buried or not even given a chance to begin with.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Both podcasts we're cool. Raw wasn't that great. Erick Rowan is kind of cool now I guess?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Moral in the locker room must be at rock bottom. The boss took an accusation that he only cares about John Cena to the detriment of the product and basically said "That's entirely true, gently caress my roster."

I don't know how anyone can hear Vince say that and not realise that the roster is screwed from the start.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Atticus Finch posted:

Break script and roll the dice, hopefully Vince likes your poo poo better than creative's.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Atticus Finch posted:

Well you see there was a guy who did that and got himself over on his own initiative and for his troubles he got beat up by Kane and cucked by Cena.

But you know grab that brass ring and all.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Two Beans posted:

Break script and roll the dice, hopefully Vince likes your poo poo better than creative's.

literally this. take the match that your producers told you to do and throw it out the window. Improvise. Austin said in the podcast that they added color to the Bret/Austin double turn before they went out and they knew Vince would be pissed, but the crowd ate it up.

If vince doesn't like it, you'll be booted down like you're going to be anyway. If he likes it, he'll want more.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Has there ever been a point in WWE where grabbing the brass ring was possible? Either Hogan holds you down or the Kliq holds you down or whatever. Has anyone ever gone out, broken the script, and been rewarded for it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MassRafTer posted:

Punk complained about millenials being entitled on his podcast too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's a massive, massive difference between "millenials are entitled" in reference to the generation as a whole and "no WWE young talent are trying to get to the next level because they are entitled millenials."

The way Punk used it is 100% true. He was absolutely correct. Vince is delusional and uses it to handwave his lovely booking and general lack of modern pro wrestling business sense.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

projecthalaxy posted:

Has there ever been a point in WWE where grabbing the brass ring was possible? Either Hogan holds you down or the Kliq holds you down or whatever. Has anyone ever gone out, broken the script, and been rewarded for it?

I heard Goldberg didn't follow a script once.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
MILLENNIALS

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

projecthalaxy posted:

Someone with pull has to fight for you. Punk had Heyman, HHH had the Kliq, and Austin apparently had JR and Bret.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Red posted:

Someone with pull has to fight for you. Punk had Heyman, HHH had the Kliq, and Austin apparently had JR and Bret.

Exactly. Someone hands you the ring. IT IS NOT GRABBABLE.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

right here, right now

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

My flippy Japanese pretty boys...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.